Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If Necros are a new class what weapons wold they use? No seriously?

• Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A poison dagger and shrunken head.
    Argonian forever
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol just had a thought n it’s so obvious.....

They are getting the Overload bar!!!!
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maaaybe... they'll use the runic tablet thing. One hand and tablet. One hand and rune.

Maybe...?
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I do think there is going to be a base game update happening when chapter hits, so we will have to wait and see :)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lightning staves for the Victor Frankenstein effect
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SCYTHE !!!
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An anti-restoration staff one that heals the user and their pets for 10/25/50% of the damage from light and heavy attack that deal magic/plague damage (magic disease damage with a defile chance). The class should be all about summons a real glass canon able to overwhelm but can’t take a hit.

It would be cool if they had a summon that had a change to pull a projectile aimed at the player. That way it pressures you to go melee single target leaving you open to the summons and debuffs this would really shake the game up.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bardx86 wrote: »
    I'm %90 percent sure the stamina variant of the class will be a disease based one with stamina scaling pets and also probably disease type dots,(%10 doubt cause stamblade has some disease damage in its kit, but come on now stamDk didn't stop zos from putting the best poison ability in the game to wardens)

So with that expectation in mind, I'll be planning to use mine with 2h/dual wield to maximize my damage while taking advantage of disease defile procs. Plus I have this weird feeling I might really enjoy playing a stamina pet spec, due to how easy it is to abuse pets in PvP.

Great just what we need more F'n pets, lol.

Wait, you're telling me you didn't expect pets when you heard ''necromancer''?

Pet sorc Zerg 2.0, now with constant major defile.
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamcro: axe+dagger or 2 daggers and a bow
    Magcro: flame staff and lightning staff, or 2 flame or 2 lightning.

Tank variant might use 1h and shield and some variations use frost staff. Healer specs use restoration+lightning.

(and in PVP, weapons depends on your preferred playstyle and build)

It doesn't matter if somebody feels these weapon choices are out of flavor or that these do not seem to fit the class. You can adjust your backstory to your spec and weapons. Your character doesn't have to be the generic "supervillain number one" -type of necromancer.

By the way, Nerieneth, who is a lich and necromancer, uses two-handed sword and a staff.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Easy

If he is magicka based

- destro staff, of 2-handed if he wants forward momentum
    - resto staff backbar

If he is stamina based
    - 2-handed frontbar
    - bow backbar

Just like every class does
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This isn't WoW broski. Staff is the traditional weapon of any wizard in The Elder Scrolls franchise. It's actually going to be weird seeing Necromancers using heavy armor, shields, and melee weapons.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    This isn't WoW broski. Staff is the traditional weapon of any wizard in The Elder Scrolls franchise. It's actually going to be weird seeing Necromancers using heavy armor, shields, and melee weapons.

The "Wizards" in ESO however use stamina as their main pool, wear heavy armor and probably 2-handed and a bow.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember watching the Warden cinematic video when it was released and wondering how a Redguard with a 2hander could use spells and have a Bear summons. Then more details came out and the spells had stam/mag morphs and were not tied to magicka, and the Bear was an ult that either could use.

The Necromancer cinematic when released could have any race and weapon combination. I'm thinking of (depending on skills and whatnot) what it would be like to use a 2h Axe with a Resto back bar. It all depends on class heals, range/melee possibilities, and what sets go together well. It also depends what race I pick after update 21. I was thinking of making either a Dunmer or Khajiit, depending on how the race tweaks go.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a thread on new weapons id like to see for them too. I think introducing poison/disease, dark, blood, and coldfire staves would be great. I agree none of the current staves fit necromancers
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    The same as the rest of the classes, which ever weapon you prefer. This isn't one of those games that pigeon holes your class into a certain weapon type.

They are talking more about general themes. You can still be what ever unique little butterfly you want to be.
    But dk fits fire, lightining fits sorcerer, ice fits warden, and I would say alteration fits Templar Pretty well. For players that that like embrascing a class theme. It would be nice to have some darker elemental themes to choose from.

I also thing a spriggan staff would also be hella cool to use. I think the game should expand weapons in general
    Edited by Unit117 on January 11, 2019 7:55AM
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    7ZTR5Yq.gif
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of them.
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    ✭✭✭
    A staff.........
    New to forums and stuff so I 99.9 percent probably won't see your response and such, so use the at symbol at me I guess? IDK :/. This BBCode stuff is really cool!! :D.
    Gamer from Alaska (907 Gamers, Alaskan Gamers Unite!).
    My little rant I guess?:
      One day Nightblades will get the buffs we desperately need and deserve, but so far, those buffs are not today.. The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblade Nerfs Unlimited.
      Don't nerf you, don't nerf me, nerf the sorc behind the tree!.

If you need help or advice, hit me up on Xbox: H4rry Poggers :D .
      Also open to talking on Discord!

Ich kann Deutsch Sprechen bei der mittleren/zwischen Kenntnissen Ebene. Hallo! :D.

CP level 1000+! Playing since 2015.

My wishlist I suppose:
      • PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE EITHER BUFF SIPHONING STRIKES OR REVERT IT BACK TO PRE MORROWIND!!.
      • Bring back purge cloak. But I guess the new heal cloak is more beneficial. Hmmm....
      • MAKE IMPERIAL CITY GREAT AGAIN, BRING BACK THOSE INCREDIBLE DAYS. My best experiences in ESO where in there!
      • Return Stam builds to the power we held in One Tamriel. Long Live Stamina builds!
      • Put Magplar and MagDK into their place. Magpsorc is a hopeless case.
      • Is there any chance that we could get an Ebonheart Pact nerf? #CullingTheHerds .

My 10 characters:
      • AD - xak-Morrowindx - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. Hours: 107 days, 19 hours (2,568 hours).
      • EP - Ich bin Groot - Orc Stamina Dragonknight. Hours: 2 days, 16 hours (64 hours).
      • DC - Who Took My Bleach - Orc Stamina Sorcerer. Hours: 3 days, 18 hours. (90 hours).
      • EP - Niada Zaennon - High Elf Magicka Nightblade. Hours: 15 days, 18 hours (378 hours).
      • AD - Healsyournoobazzwithmemes - Argonian Magicka Templar. Hours: 1 day, 9 hours (33 hours)
      • DC - Engulfing Traps - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight. Hours: 7 days, 17 hours (129 hours).
      • AD - Verführung - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer. Hours: 5 days, 9 hours (129 hours)
      • DC - Deadazz catch these birds - Nord Stamina Warden. Hours: 6 days, 21 hours (165 hours)
      • EP - So Bendy - Wood Elf Stamina Templar. Hours: 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours)
      • EP - Smash that mf Like button - Breton Magicka Warden. Hours: 20 hours, 20 minutes.

Aldmeri Dominion Master-Faction!
    • Morgha_Kul
      Morgha_Kul
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I've often suggested another staff type, the oblivion damage type.
      Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
    • Morgha_Kul
      Morgha_Kul
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      KRULL stars!

latest?cb=20131121222621

This'll blow your mind...

That's Lt. Eddington from DS9.
      Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
    • OrdoHermetica
      OrdoHermetica
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Classes have never been attached to weapons, and vice versa. So... they'll definitely use the same weapons as everyone else. As for what types of weapons might synergize well with the Class abilities, I'm on the resto/frost staff train for magicka, and whatever melee weapons are meta at the time for stamina.
    • Didaco
      Didaco
      ✭✭✭✭
      I just hope they don't fit a Hand to Hand skill into he Necromancer like they did with Spears and Templars...
    • Faulgor
      Faulgor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      What kind of bourgeois class do you imagine necromancers to be that common weapons aren't good enough for them?
      Edited by Faulgor on January 11, 2019 8:30AM
      Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
      Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    • Banana
      Banana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      1288312458_8004.jpg
    • Thorvarg
      Thorvarg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Nice idea, Mortician's tools. >:)
    • Rex-Umbra
      Rex-Umbra
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Siyth or dark magic staff or totem
      Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
      GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
    • lagrue
      lagrue
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Seems like a good time to add Oblivion Staves.
      PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
      *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
    • wolf486
      wolf486
      ✭✭✭✭
      bardx86 wrote: »
      I'm %90 percent sure the stamina variant of the class will be a disease based one with stamina scaling pets and also probably disease type dots,(%10 doubt cause stamblade has some disease damage in its kit, but come on now stamDk didn't stop zos from putting the best poison ability in the game to wardens)

So with that expectation in mind, I'll be planning to use mine with 2h/dual wield to maximize my damage while taking advantage of disease defile procs. Plus I have this weird feeling I might really enjoy playing a stamina pet spec, due to how easy it is to abuse pets in PvP.

Great just what we need more F'n pets, lol.

I think people will be very disappointed when it comes to the pets. People are complaining about lag and pets already, so I hope they realize they will not be getting a Diablo 3, 7 pet Necro build. ESO necro I think will be a very boring class.
      PC/NA
      Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
      (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
      (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
    • KhajiitFelix
      KhajiitFelix
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Knootewoot wrote: »
      Easy

If he is magicka based

- destro staff, of 2-handed if he wants forward momentum
      - resto staff backbar

If he is stamina based
      - 2-handed frontbar
      - bow backbar