The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do the Devs have any gameplan to fix server performance?

• antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I think the real question is whether they have any incentive to fix server performance.

Incentive should be delivering the game that was promised 5 years ago.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is no plan. It will just get worse till the game dies
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Zos seems to not know what to do for some reason. Long ago I would have sought out and brought in a group to find a solution but Zos does not seem interested in the logical approach that would be used by normal corporations after this length of time.

If they are still working on it they are doing a great job of not communicating.

However, I do not have issues anywhere near 12v12 or even double that in Cyrodiil. I am often in Vivec during prime time. I wonder if the OP is experiencing other issues.

12v12 vs an organized group such as Drac causes my lag. 12v12 pugs light attack spam doesn’t cause lag. I know what this company thinks about it’s playerbase. I am not blind and have seen the many posts with mods cleansing the truth as the only ZOS communication. 4 dead servers and 1 almost full sometimes server speak for itself. It’s sad to see less than 500 players in an AAA mmo in pvp. Where are these 1 million players? Not in pve either judging by how long it takes to find a pledge group. This was my last chance for ZOS and I wanted to at least say I tried to see for myself.

Sorry you have issues as such early points.

However, I think it is off base that Zos thinks little of their player base as they requires us for their paycheck and future of the company.

Even at it's peak in 2014 we only filled a couple campaigns and that was even after they reduced the cap twice. That year is when we had the most bleed. However, games like this make the most money from PvE which is the design is so PvE heavy.

Further, your comparison to how long it takes to get a pledge group is also off. I am assuming you mean via GF as a DPS. heck, most competent players get into groups via their guild. They are smart enough to not roll the dice with GF with both player quality and waiting if they are a DPS. Even forming a group in Zone is better than using the GF.

Yes, I am disappointed Zos has not fixed the lag issue and has come up short in their attempts since I bet they have not worked on contracting some expertise to figure out the issue. I am certainly not on their most beloved list either as Gina and company can probably attest to. However, your examples are off base and you may have an issue locally if you are having issues swapping bars with only 24 players in the area.

Yea but those campaigns were like 1k+ fights lol.

And as I said most of those players left the game because of poor management of Cyrodiil in the early days. Besides, not sure how relevant the comment is to the post.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I think the real question is whether they have any incentive to fix server performance.

That would be their paycheck as I stated in the first post I made in this thread. It is the business people that determine how much real effort can be put into something. MattF is the front line of business decisions as President.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is the last time they responded to anything pvp other than to tell us they removed salty posts and remind us to behave?
    Beta tester November 2013
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    When is the last time they responded to anything pvp other than to tell us they removed salty posts and remind us to behave?

It’s a joke at this point. If the devs don’t care at least let us throw insults and salt at will. They caused this attitude towards them by their lack of action.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the silence says it all

ZOS_GinaBruno wrote: »
    Hi everyone. First of all, you aren't wrong. We agree we haven't been communicating as much as we should on this matter (among others) and for that, we apologize. There really is no excuse.
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given the available evidence, no.
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • AtrophyFX
    AtrophyFX
    ✭✭
    send an in game ticket. if everyone did this I think it would be pretty damn hard for them to ignore it.
    "Now you. You can call me Ann Marie. But only if you're partial to being flayed alive and having an angry immortal skip rope with your entrails. If not... Then call me Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness. Charmed." - Ann Marie