The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Do the Devs have any gameplan to fix server performance?

antihero727
antihero727
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
@ZOS_RichLambert
@ZOS_Anyone

Is there a plan of attack? Seems for years that server performance has been a reactive not proactive approach. I want to play with my friends again but in a 12v12 situation can’t swap bars or am insta dead and can’t react because of 999 ping. Please throw us a bone because I want to resub and play new content but can’t bring myself to pay for this level of performance or care from your product. #GiveUsAReasonToBeliveYou!!!
Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
Antiherro-AD Stam DK
Antihero-AD Magplar
Aww Crit-AD Magblade
AD Since PC beta
On A lag free vacation
for the near and far future
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shed customer base until the issue resolves itself. Someone the other day posted a parody of a Lonely Island song. I’d like to use that here, but don’t want to steel the originality of the post.

But step one is you cut a hole in that box.
    Edited by qbit on December 27, 2018 5:27PM
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the developers are giving us a box with a hole in it and their junk in that box every quarter.

And that’s how you do it.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am known for trolling and being toxic in the forums from those that know me. This post was a sincere question to see if there is a response besides “we have removed several comments for baiting” It will tell me if I am freeing 78.2gb from my hard drive.
    Edited by antihero727 on December 27, 2018 5:30PM
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m also known for trolling. I’m trying my best not to get muted again. I’m having a very good and intelligent exchange with a CS rep over some surveys I was apparently blacked out when collecting. I thought they were missing.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you were sincere you’d have searched for other posts just like this one and realized they don’t respond. Don’t you think that if this were in the pipeline it would be a huge marketing draw and they wouldn’t have announced it? Game performance is at its peak for this game and won’t change for the rest of its life.
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as they can do a crappy job of reskinning mounts and selling them in the crown store, there's no reason for them to fix the performance issues.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 3 years of receiving the same answers and *** ass fixes, you still hope?
    OMEGAFKNLUL
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos seems to not know what to do for some reason. Long ago I would have sought out and brought in a group to find a solution but Zos does not seem interested in the logical approach that would be used by normal corporations after this length of time.

If they are still working on it they are doing a great job of not communicating.

However, I do not have issues anywhere near 12v12 or even double that in Cyrodiil. I am often in Vivec during prime time. I wonder if the OP is experiencing other issues.
    Edited by idk on December 28, 2018 7:39AM
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Zos seems to not know what to do for some reason. Long ago I would have sought out and brought in a group to find a solution but Zos does not seem interested in the logical approach that would be used by normal corporations after this length of time.

If they are still working on it they are doing a great job of not communicating.

However, I do not have issues anywhere near 12v12 or even double that in Cyrodiil. I am often in Vivec during prime time. I wonder if the OP is experiencing other issues.

12v12 vs an organized group such as Drac causes my lag. 12v12 pugs light attack spam doesn’t cause lag. I know what this company thinks about it’s playerbase. I am not blind and have seen the many posts with mods cleansing the truth as the only ZOS communication. 4 dead servers and 1 almost full sometimes server speak for itself. It’s sad to see less than 500 players in an AAA mmo in pvp. Where are these 1 million players? Not in pve either judging by how long it takes to find a pledge group. This was my last chance for ZOS and I wanted to at least say I tried to see for myself.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭

12v12 vs an organized group such as Drac causes my lag. 12v12 pugs light attack spam doesn’t cause lag. I know what this company thinks about it’s playerbase. I am not blind and have seen the many posts with mods cleansing the truth as the only ZOS communication. 4 dead servers and 1 almost full sometimes server speak for itself. It’s sad to see less than 500 players in an AAA mmo in pvp. Where are these 1 million players? Not in pve either judging by how long it takes to find a pledge group. This was my last chance for ZOS and I wanted to at least say I tried to see for myself.

Yup and it'll continue being the same 1000 or so players. ESO PVP will stay where it's at and continue to do so for years to come. The crown store is lucrative so that's where the resources will go. Not to mention the abundance of highly rated single player games taking the spotlight of 2018.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just commenting on the pledge group timing. I'm going to guess you are a Damage Dealer?

Because, yeah sure, there probably aren't 1 million players all queueing up. If there were, LOL, we know exactly how well the Groupfinder wouldn't handle that.

But on the other hand, it doesn't take my tank a long time to find a pledge group.
  • Pain In The Axe
    Pain In The Axe
    ✭✭✭
    You wont get any offical response out of the devs other than "we are aware of the problem" blah blah blah that means to me that no, they dont have a game plan to fix the servers because they probably dont even know where to begin to fix it
    ESO STREAM TEAM MEMBER
    TWITCH PARTNER
    CERTIFIED CHAD
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pain you got Banned??
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With regards to OP I am in the same boat. I want to resub and get back into the game hardcore again but I need a better product. Fix it and I’m there as well as many others.
  • Pain In The Axe
    Pain In The Axe
    ✭✭✭
    Pain you got Banned??

My first account i made was banned in 2016, i still have my current ones dutch

And it looks like they actually made a response now which blew my mind lol
    ESO STREAM TEAM MEMBER
    TWITCH PARTNER
    CERTIFIED CHAD
  • Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS will never do anything about the lag. They simple do not have the resources available to do so and they don't want to invest the time and money. It was clear like 3 years ago tbh.
    Edited by Rin_Senya on December 29, 2018 7:26PM
    Anairi ~ EP | NA | AR50 - Dracarys
    Anaire ~ AD/EP | EU | AR50 - Banana Squad/Zerg Squad/AOE Rats

• usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They won't do anything. Too expensive for too little immediate payoff.

ZENIMAX got a lot of good grace for what ESO could have been. Everyone sees ESO as a game that could have been great with a more robust technical department. When given a second chance, Zenimax released FO76. FO76 did a lot of damage to all of their IPs. It's doubtful that there is any recovery from it at this point - their games will be crucified and rightfully so.
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    They won't do anything. Too expensive for too little immediate payoff.

ZENIMAX got a lot of good grace for what ESO could have been. Everyone sees ESO as a game that could have been great with a more robust technical department. When given a second chance, Zenimax released FO76. FO76 did a lot of damage to all of their IPs. It's doubtful that there is any recovery from it at this point - their games will be crucified and rightfully so.

I couldnt agree more. They fail to plan ahead for long term, they just want cash now.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Aedrion
    Aedrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am known for trolling and being toxic in the forums from those that know me.

In that case, no. There are no fixes planned for Cyro. 999 ping is only the beginning. Soon you will have ping the size of hitpoint pools and beyond. Your weapon swap will swap your character upside down instead and every skill you use with take ten seconds to trigger, if they have a cast time, ten minutes. Except Draining Shot and Snipe, but only for your opponents.

When you try to resurrect at homebase, you'll instead respawn in the login screen and when you try to login, the loading screen will last so long that by the time it's done loading, you won't even remember what ESO is.

And when you, after enduring a thread full of nonsense posts like mine and a reply from ZoS that answers were removed for baiting, try to uninstal ESO, it'll also uninstal your Operating System and install Windows Vista so the ESO experience will follow you everywhere, forever.

Enjoy your day though.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry you have issues as such early points.

However, I think it is off base that Zos thinks little of their player base as they requires us for their paycheck and future of the company.

Even at it's peak in 2014 we only filled a couple campaigns and that was even after they reduced the cap twice. That year is when we had the most bleed. However, games like this make the most money from PvE which is the design is so PvE heavy.

Further, your comparison to how long it takes to get a pledge group is also off. I am assuming you mean via GF as a DPS. heck, most competent players get into groups via their guild. They are smart enough to not roll the dice with GF with both player quality and waiting if they are a DPS. Even forming a group in Zone is better than using the GF.

Yes, I am disappointed Zos has not fixed the lag issue and has come up short in their attempts since I bet they have not worked on contracting some expertise to figure out the issue. I am certainly not on their most beloved list either as Gina and company can probably attest to. However, your examples are off base and you may have an issue locally if you are having issues swapping bars with only 24 players in the area.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bypass 1Q DLC/QoL. We want a real server improvement.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

However, I think it is off base that Zos thinks little of their player base as they requires us for their paycheck and future of the company.

Even at it's peak in 2014 we only filled a couple campaigns and that was even after they reduced the cap twice. That year is when we had the most bleed. However, games like this make the most money from PvE which is the design is so PvE heavy.

Further, your comparison to how long it takes to get a pledge group is also off. I am assuming you mean via GF as a DPS. heck, most competent players get into groups via their guild. They are smart enough to not roll the dice with GF with both player quality and waiting if they are a DPS. Even forming a group in Zone is better than using the GF.

Yes, I am disappointed Zos has not fixed the lag issue and has come up short in their attempts since I bet they have not worked on contracting some expertise to figure out the issue. I am certainly not on their most beloved list either as Gina and company can probably attest to. However, your examples are off base and you may have an issue locally if you are having issues swapping bars with only 24 players in the area.

Yea but those campaigns were like 1k+ fights lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Is there a plan of attack?
    You will probably never find out they do not communicate with the player-base all that well...

2. Seems for years that server performance has been a reactive not proactive approach.---- Very true

3. I want to play with my friends
    The only reason I still play ... Will move on as soon as something else catches our eye at this point ... and we are all subscribers .
    4. I want to resub and play new content but can’t bring myself to pay for this level of performance ..... Like I said before Im with you .... There is new game on the horizon that our guild is looking at, we will all leave at that point ... That is also a PVP game base similarly to this one ...

This game could have been a legend for 3 realm PVP ... I think it was one of the biggest missed opportunities to be a cult classic.... People will remember this game as horrid performance ... Performance like this would destroy most games but this game has had so much promise people have always tried to have faith in it...

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    You will probably never find out they do not communicate with the player-base all that well...

2. Seems for years that server performance has been a reactive not proactive approach.---- Very true

The only reason I still play ... Will move on as soon as something else catches our eye at this point ... and we are all subscribers .
    4. I want to resub and play new content but can’t bring myself to pay for this level of performance ..... Like I said before Im with you .... There is new game on the horizon that our guild is looking at, we will all leave at that point ... That is also a PVP game base similarly to this one ...

This game could have been a legend for 3 realm PVP ... I think it was one of the biggest missed opportunities to be a cult classic.... People will remember this game as horrid performance ... Performance like this would destroy most games but this game has had so much promise people have always tried to have faith in it...

@Durham you know what keeps me playing? Khajiits, Argonians, Dunmers, Altmers, Bosmers, Redguards, Bretons, Orsimers, Imperials, Nords, Dremora, Aedra and over all, Daedra.

Whitout any of them I would have passed over this game
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From ZOS lack of response to this thread and countless others addressing server performance I would assume they do not.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Durham wrote: »

@Durham you know what keeps me playing? Khajiits, Argonians, Dunmers, Altmers, Bosmers, Redguards, Bretons, Orsimers, Imperials, Nords, Dremora, Aedra and over all, Daedra.

Whitout any of them I would have passed over this game

I started playing this game for those reasons. And because if this game, I will likely pass over the next one in spite of those reasons.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. No plans at all.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it’s not local issues it’s primetime being my playtime slot. I have plenty of people for pledge groups but sometimes play off of my usual time slot. A lot of my friends have left the game so it’s getting harder to find a non GF dungeon group since we are dropping like flies because of these issues. You sound like a ZOS employee trying to make excuses for a FACT everyone knows.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I doubt it. They are still telling those of us that have to use a VPN just to update their game that it is an ISP issue....LOL.

This has been going on since 09/04/18. See PC Support thread https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5698978#Comment_5698978

Only game I've ever owned or currently own that requires a VPN to update but yeah it must be my ISP :wink:

Edited by Sureshawt on January 2, 2019 7:12PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the real question is whether they have any incentive to fix server performance.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube