The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase – January 2019"

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kind of surprised to see this before the 'Year Ahead' article.

Having the Midyear Mayhem in January is a bit odd, but I'll take it. I was thinking I should work towards finishing Militant Ordinator off anyway.

But this:
    On the highest pinnacles of Eton Nir, where the snow never melts, live the pale Snowcap Gryphons. Perfectly camouflaged for a life in the clouds, for most of the First Era they were considered to be a myth. No longer!

You sure about that? I don't recall seeing any snow anywhere in Summerset. :p
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They should remove all mounts from the crown store until they fix the stuck in combat bug. So ignorant to expect us to buy more mounts when we can't even use the one's we already own.

• MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want so many things: pod-singer tunic, bloodspawn axe, Xanmeer manor and furniture pack... :lol:

But I just bought noble lion, and I’m low on crowns. I’ll try to save the rest for new expansion related items.
  • Mygalomorpea
    Mygalomorpea
    ✭✭✭
    Still looking for a pet duck... Sad to see none around this time.

Do think that ZOS is species-ist only able to find duck in recipes, but none in the overworld! How do you make a duck dish without actual duck?!?!

(silly side rant since others already pointed out the silly gotta catchem all statues)
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    I understand why so much daedric stuff is being made. We know exactly what they look like, while the divines are completely unknown and left to our imagination.

But I really wish ESO wasn't such a satanistic game. All DLCs are always about being a bad character with no option for being good. Thieved Guild, Dark Brotherhood. Everything is about murder, daedra, sithis and celebrating how cool it is to be evil.
    The divines are just as much a part of Elder scrolls as the dark things and they too have fans devoted to them.

I wish we would get something divine for a change. Or at the very least, allowing for some roleplay. I always must close my eyes if I want to play this game and pretend my character never did that. Murkmire was just as hard.... helping those Sithis (basically Satan) worshipping people without an option for me to ever question this and take a stance for the light.

where are you getting all this "Satan" stuff from? please leave abrahamic religions out of this game.

Because it's obvious. This game always temps you to be evil and to commit sins.
    And Sithis, who wants to deny souls their rightful place in Aetherius, by getting mortals to kill in his name, is literally what Satan wants too.

You can deny it as much as you will. But everything in movies and games is inspired by real life lore and Elder Scrolls is a big contender in this regard. It's logical to make such comparisons.
    I want to add that I am not religious. But a believer nontheless.
    Edited by Dracane on January 3, 2019 7:29AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pheefs wrote: »
    I really wish ESO wasn't such a satanistic game.
    Its an over-simplification to say Daedra = Devil
    Sithis isn't Satan.
    Many MANY times the Hero is helped by a Daedra, their motives unknowable, even some of the more 'evil' ones like Boethiah & Mephala legit help You save the town/world.
    >:)<3o:)

Always out of selfish interest. No Daedra is ever good, even if it may seem so to you. Daedra always use mortals and always act in their own interest. They are always evil and it's just sometimes harder to notice. None of the princes is truly interested in destroying the world. Obviously, because then they had no playground and no entertainment anymore.

Some just want to enjoy being worshipped, others want to recreate the entire world in their image.
    Daedra are always afraid of loosing influence and power. So they fight each other to maintain what is theirs. Be it banishing Jyggalag because he grows too powerful, or invading Meridia's plane because she is interfering.
    Edited by Dracane on January 3, 2019 7:37AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Tyvarra
    Tyvarra
    ✭✭✭
    The ESO+ "exclusive" stuff is really not good. Even tho the statuettes are free I dont want them. They are just wasting a housing slot. And the cheaper items are still too expensive for what they look like. Nothing special these days. The Dromathra Senche was something special or the Indriks or the Elven Hero Armor.
    If I could change back to no ESO+ exclusives but getting crown crates in the monthly rewards or during events I would rather take that.

Edited by Tyvarra on January 3, 2019 9:03AM
    Please fix the game!
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didnt see those two Khajiit Costumes that were found on NPCs in Summerset. :'(
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Carylas
    Carylas
    ✭✭✭
    Still no Altmer dresses? Ok.
  • aliafrost1212
    aliafrost1212
    Soul Shriven
    Like could we get some actually nice dresses and why does marriage not give you the option to share a house? Like MANY OTHER MMOS?

Let my husband add and remove furniture, if its a furnishing he owns if I remove it.. Send it back to his inventory and vice versa..

Allow Spouses to fast travel and set their partners homes as their primary residence with their permission... Like wtf. Skyrim had way more reasons to be married I cant even tell if my ring of mara is giving me an XP buff becuase there is not even a status effect.. Like Come On???!! Why doesnt the team care about their player base opinion/desires? The Feedback system is a joke.. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Lady Audriel of House Aelanraë
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm still waiting for Altmer dresses too. It's been shouted many times now that customers want these, and the Nord dresses too. I don't know why they think they will not make money off those. I will certainly buy them. Many others here stated they want them. It's very frustrating.

I'll be saving my crowns this month again. There's nothing here that I want. The Argonian house is kinda cool, but I'm burnt out on trying to decorate notable homes. Not enough slots to really make them look unique and like something you really want.
    Edited by Kesstryl on January 3, 2019 1:26PM
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • aliafrost1212
    aliafrost1212
    Soul Shriven
    Kesstryl wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for Altmer dresses too. It's been shouted many times now that customers want these, and the Nord dresses too. I don't know why they think they will not make money off those. I will certainly buy them. Many others here stated they want them. It's very frustrating.

I'll be saving my crowns this month again. There's nothing here that I want. The Argonian house is kinda cool, but I'm burnt out on trying to decorate notable homes. Not enough slots to really make them look unique and like something you really want.

I agree completely the furnishing limit at 700 with eso plus still isnt enough and whats with the half baked attempts to make eso plus more valuable? Why do I want free statues.. to take up limited furnishing space... Give ESO plus members access to ALL DYE COLORS for dyeing costumes.. Let us GIFT COLLECTIBLES that we dont want.. I have all these armor costumes that my guildies would love.. I dont want or need them. If we cant gift them why cant we sell them for crowns??

Id love a dress like this wb9f6fhr8hep.png
  • aliafrost1212
    aliafrost1212
    Soul Shriven

Like ZOS needs to learn what dresses fantasy women actually wore.. What players would actually like to wear.. I invest a lot of time and money in this game and they don't even consider mine or anyone elses suggestions seriously.. we have wanted more marriage features SINCE THE PLEDGE OF MARA WAS ADDED.. The Feed Back system is an actual joke.. ESO plus members should be able to have their voices heard; the whole player base should really but youre paying for a premium service of what.. Dye and 10% xp.. ? Im starting to feel like ESO plus is just a waste of my money.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_BillE
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ehhh I think I'll be saving crowns again this month everything is pretty bleh. Where are the nice altmer dresses and new hairstyles? Moamer skin? Any of the cool stuff that's been datamined for eons? Those are the things people want, but we seem to never get any of it.
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Save crowns for Indrik feathers. 😂
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I understand why so much daedric stuff is being made. We know exactly what they look like, while the divines are completely unknown and left to our imagination.

But I really wish ESO wasn't such a satanistic game. All DLCs are always about being a bad character with no option for being good. Thieved Guild, Dark Brotherhood. Everything is about murder, daedra, sithis and celebrating how cool it is to be evil.
    The divines are just as much a part of Elder scrolls as the dark things and they too have fans devoted to them.

I wish we would get something divine for a change. Or at the very least, allowing for some roleplay. I always must close my eyes if I want to play this game and pretend my character never did that. Murkmire was just as hard.... helping those Sithis (basically Satan) worshipping people without an option for me to ever question this and take a stance for the light.

What? Basically everything else in the game is your character being good. Stopping Molag Bal and his Planemeld, as just one example. There are tons of quests that have you save someone or a village or an entire alliance or Tamriel itself. Sure, it's not, say, Mara or Julianos specifically enlisting your aid, but the majority of the game is about you helping/saving people. And so many sidequests where you help people with their problems, etc. Players who are roleplaying an assassin have to do far more things their character wouldn't actually do.

Back on topic of the Showcase, I agree it's fairly thin. I'm only interested in the male Bosmer costumes. While I really want to see the female Altmer and Nord costumes, it's nice to finally see male Bosmer ones, considering that the female Bosmer costumes were some of the first. I do, however, find it interesting that they will be limited-time items - available first for ESO+ members and then next month for all players. Unless they will be available next month as "permanent items."

I'm also disappointed that the only ESO+ Deal we've had so far is the 30% off on the 5,000 pack of Hollowjack crates. I'd love to see some more deals in the future, like say an extremely good deal on outfit slots (say 500 crowns). Maybe I'd buy some then.

Also, I like the statuettes, but I know that everyone doesn't. So, you can't please everyone, though I hope that they do more this year than just statuettes. And while this one is different than the one you can get in game, it is disappointing to see Vile rather than, say, Meridia, or one of the other Daedra we haven't seen any statue of. Or, continue with the Tribunal. Or, something other than statuettes. At least we also got a costume last month.

I'm glad they've been returning limited-time items to the store so that players who weren't around then can get their hands on them. I already have the snow bear cub, and I don't like bear mounts and don't need another senche reskin. Also, another Auroran horse? And another swamp jelly pet?

Ah well, more crowns for later things, I guess.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tyvarra wrote: »
    The ESO+ "exclusive" stuff is really not good. Even tho the statuettes are free I dont want them. They are just wasting a housing slot. And the cheaper items are still too expensive for what they look like. Nothing special these days. The Dromathra Senche was something special or the Indriks or the Elven Hero Armor.
    If I could change back to no ESO+ exclusives but getting crown crates in the monthly rewards or during events I would rather take that.

While I agree that the ESO+ exclusive offers are nothing more than a discount on limited-time items that will be made available to everyone, I disagree that getting free crate crap is preferable. There is absolutely nothing in the Xanmeer crates I want and so free ones would just be a bunch of free crap, even if I got an apex mount. I'd never use it and it would clutter my collectibles.

I'd rather have guaranteed items, even when it's something I don't like, than a chance at maybe something I might want. I also happen to like the statuettes. But, to each her own.

ETA: Plus, with the free crates, you HAVE to take what's in them, even if you don't want them. At least with the free items, you don't have to take them if you don't want them.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on January 3, 2019 7:44PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like ZOS needs to learn what dresses fantasy women actually wore.. What players would actually like to wear.. I invest a lot of time and money in this game and they don't even consider mine or anyone elses suggestions seriously.. we have wanted more marriage features SINCE THE PLEDGE OF MARA WAS ADDED.. The Feed Back system is an actual joke.. ESO plus members should be able to have their voices heard; the whole player base should really but youre paying for a premium service of what.. Dye and 10% xp.. ? Im starting to feel like ESO plus is just a waste of my money.

Craft bag.

That's literally the only reason most people sub.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tyvarra wrote: »

In what way are any of the statues "wasting a housing slot" when they go into the collection journal and you don't even have to place them in your house to begin with?

I honestly like the statuettes. They look rather nice, they aren't overbearing or enormous, and I feel the add a personal touch to my home. I'm hoping for a Sotha Sil one sometime soon, since I couldn't afford the clockwork city pack.
    Edited by ArchangelIsraphel on January 4, 2019 6:31PM
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My actual suspicion is that they hope we'll nickel and dime the crowns we got on sale away so that when they DO FINALLY put out the Altmer dresses and the many other things we've been crying for, for ages, we'll be in a position where we have to buy MORE crowns. So... plan not to see anything particularly stellar in the store for awhile. And RESIST the temptation to buy more bank space, service tokens, outfit slots, etc. Because it seems like that's what they WANT you to buy right now. So, don't.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    My actual suspicion is that they hope we'll nickel and dime the crowns we got on sale away so that when they DO FINALLY put out the Altmer dresses and the many other things we've been crying for, for ages, we'll be in a position where we have to buy MORE crowns. So... plan not to see anything particularly stellar in the store for awhile. And RESIST the temptation to buy more bank space, service tokens, outfit slots, etc. Because it seems like that's what they WANT you to buy right now. So, don't.

It could also be that the Alinor dresses will arrive during a presumed Summerset Anniversary.

I'm presuming there will be one, as I don't know how they're even going to get to 4 events per quarter (16 total) without anniversary events for all DLC (TG/DB done together), in addition to 2 Midyear Mayhems (Encore and the usual one), Undaunted, Jesters, New Life, Witches, and ESO Anniversary Celebration. That's 14. Don't know what the other 2 would be.

But, I agree that it seems like they've been purposely delaying the items they know we would buy the second they're in the store. We patiently waited while they doled out the male Altmer costumes, and then - Orc dresses. What? Now we get the male Bosmer costumes. It is great to finally get these, considering that the male Orc costumes and female Bosmer costumes were some of the first to arrive. But it just makes me wonder why they're delaying the Alinor dresses. I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt that they're holding onto them for a SS Anniversary event.
  • Haywire30
    Haywire30
    ✭✭✭
    Or they could potentially be holding onto them for some manner of Valentines Day event? hat might make some sort of sense, too.... given how the dresses seem very much on the evening gown/sensual side of things.

That being said, yeah, +1 for Alinor and Nord dresses. We need more regal elfy dresses.
  • Xx_Santolaya_xX
    I'm like Aurorean Warhorse.
    Nord. Dragonknight. Tank. Spartan Woeler
    Breton. Sorcerer. DPS Magicka. Mystic Alcast
    High Elf. Templar. Healer. Reliever Alcast
    Nord. Warden. Tank. Guardian Woeler
    High Elf. Dragonknight. DPS Magicka. Valakas Alcast
    Breton. Warden. DPS Magicka. Ice & Fire Alcast
    Redguard. Nightblade. DPS Stamina. Rampage Alcast
    Dark Elf. Necromancer. DPS Stamina. Reaper Alcast
    Imperial. Templar. Tank. Paladin Alcast
    Breton. Necromancer. Healer. Scourge Alcast
    Redguard. Nightblade. DPS Stamina. Claws Alcast
    Breton. Warden. Healer. Blossom Alcast
    Dark Elf. Necromancer. DPS Magicka. Curse Alcast
    ALL CP 930
    PS5 Server EU. ID Playstation. Asatork
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the things that I missed and really want to have for my female chars is the Cyrod Gentry’s Town Gown

Cyrod-Gentrys-Town-Gown-Female-Front.jpg

Also I want to see mid length dresses. We have mostly very long dresses or very short, like the argonian costumes.

For male costumes, I would like some mage outfit that is not a robe
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter