Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase – January 2019"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
9e527cff491f3f74e8ec01ff86eb88b3.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the Crown Store Showcase – January 2019 blog article.

New Year, new Crown Store items! This month features the latest fashions from Valenwood, Murkmire, and Cyrodiil in addition to a fearsome collection of mounts, pets, styles and more. Check them all out in the latest Crown Store Showcase!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New auroran warhorse... I see what u're doing here.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Star-Made Wolfshead will return to the Crown Store for a limited time during a Midyear Mayhem encore event on all platforms, from January 10 to January 21 at 10am EST. Watch for more details about the event later this month!

And now I am intrigued... <hype>
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy to see Snow Bear Cub return at last!
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May grab the noble pack. But that looks like it
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO+ exclusive costumes for a whole month, wow...
    Is it just me or are most of these this month just repeats?
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... more tiny statues that already exists in game as free rewards for ESO+...

zfipck.jpg
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This whole ESO+ only for reduced price at limited time stuff just start to feel more and more like they try to increase the quantity of crown store stuff when they actually didnt...
    This month is pretty lackluster. Only the two costumes look promising imho. Pet and mount are just another reskin and the motif can be farmed ingame... The stuff from Mayhem is the same as last time as well...
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn. was very hopefull for the huntsman motif. It's going to be hard holding onto my crowns for another month with those riding skill books calling my new characters
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Delpi wrote: »

zfipck.jpg

Yup. I have it already also. So much for "new" stuff. Just put old stuff in anew box.. Oh well.........
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

zfipck.jpg

THIS. Wow do I NOT care at all about these. My only hope is that they will do the Divines next maybe.
    Rest of the showcase is extremely "MEH!" as well. I guess they just had to give us the rest of the Argonian stuff.... while they continue to keep back all the Summerset dresses....and the Nord dresses. SIGH Literally the only things I would have wanted are the Imperial things...and I already have them.

Super disappointed in this one.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Inval1d
    Inval1d
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be funnilly infuriating if the white gryphon puppy pet costs less than 1k crowns...

But we know that ain't happenin...
    Or is it?
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

zfipck.jpg

Yup. I have it already also. So much for "new" stuff. Just put old stuff in anew box.. Oh well.........

I was wrong.. It is a different one....
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. The first thing they push for 2019 is the crown store crap. Not bug fixes, new content, combat balance, or lag adjustments. Crown store stuff. Good to see where your focus is, ZOS.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edited by Gilvoth on January 23, 2019 5:17PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So much I want, but can't afford! Can buy most of it with gold in trade, but the ESO plus exclusvies can't be gifted. :(

Also, i want the Xanmeer house sooooo much! It's gorgeous, especially the aquarium room! But sadly, not enough real world $.

P.S. Why is mid-year mayhem in Morning Star? :-P
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on January 2, 2019 6:02PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. The first thing they push for 2019 is the crown store crap. Not bug fixes, new content, combat balance, or lag adjustments. Crown store stuff. Good to see where your focus is, ZOS.

If they didn't have the showcase posted right away, people would complain about that too. Also, Midyear Mayhem Encore got teased in the middle of that.

So...damned if they do, damned if they don't.
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, the showcase is always posted at this time. Fixes and new content will come with a new patch some time soon, so patience my friend ;)
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xanmeer!!!

Shadows and Stone!!

* does happy Argonian dance*

I don't think it was a good move to add the Snow Gryphon Fledging as straight up buyable as well as from the gifting event...it read like an exclusive from gifting.

Edit: We already have the divines shrines as luxury furniture items (although a mini gold dibella statue would be amazing) and I like that we might get every daedric prince statuette it is interesting they chose Clavicus when we have access to a different statuette of him (the 100k achievement one from Vvardenfell - but in that one he is wearing the masque not holding it out like in the coming collectible one)

Edit 2: Could we get a confirmation of which dailies the Elder Argonian chapters will come from? (the WB, delve and Root-Whisper and/or Murkmire preparation dailies or will new dailies be added?)
    Edited by Mix on January 2, 2019 6:55PM
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    I don't think it was a good move to add the Snow Gryphon Fledging as straight up buyable as well as from the gifting event...it read like an exclusive from gifting.

Yea I agree with this... This was disappointing to read.

As for the rest of this showcase, I'm not really a fan, but hopefully this showcase appeals to others.

“No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, that saved me some cash 🙂

To be honest, unless it’s a pack that swaps those aweful dk poison skills back to the infinitely cooler fire ones I can’t think of much of hand

The bloodspawn set is okay I suppose but not enough for me to buy, though more big showy staves are always appreciated... also anything to make female charecters look a bit more formidable would be appreciated, my wife suggested you start with the female barbarian from Diablo 3 and work up from there 😎
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if we'll be able to earn the Midyear Victor's Laurel Wreath during this particular version of the event? I've wanted it for one of my characters ever since I began ESO several months ago, even though I've never tried to PVP and don't really know how. I wonder how hard it is to obtain?
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excited most for an extra PvP event!!

Any news if there's additional campaigns @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ? And any rule differences i.e. Emp was turned off last time.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve literally been waiting for the snow bears to return since I missed them back in December 2015.

Thank you so much!
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fire your Crown Store team. Seriously, is anyone even trying anymore? Is there even one person on staff whose job is to stop and think "Hmm, what do the customers actually want?" I can name 10 cosmetics off the top of my head that would each individually sell more than every single item in this showcase combined.

Is Zenimax even trying to make money off cosmetics anymore? Or will all future effort be expended on "rebalancing" races people have already spent money on tokens to change?

This game is in danger of becoming a cautionary tale in bad business ethics.
    Edited by Gnortranermara on January 2, 2019 7:47PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand why so much daedric stuff is being made. We know exactly what they look like, while the divines are completely unknown and left to our imagination.

But I really wish ESO wasn't such a satanistic game. All DLCs are always about being a bad character with no option for being good. Thieved Guild, Dark Brotherhood. Everything is about murder, daedra, sithis and celebrating how cool it is to be evil.
    The divines are just as much a part of Elder scrolls as the dark things and they too have fans devoted to them.

I wish we would get something divine for a change. Or at the very least, allowing for some roleplay. I always must close my eyes if I want to play this game and pretend my character never did that. Murkmire was just as hard.... helping those Sithis (basically Satan) worshipping people without an option for me to ever question this and take a stance for the light.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another month without the Alinor gowns. I am perplexed.

Anyway, I hope we get a Peryite statuette at some point. That would look nice on my desk.
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll save my money. Thanks for churning out garbage Zos.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    I understand why so much daedric stuff is being made. We know exactly what they look like, while the divines are completely unknown and left to our imagination.

But I really wish ESO wasn't such a satanistic game. All DLCs are always about being a bad character with no option for being good. Thieved Guild, Dark Brotherhood. Everything is about murder, daedra, sithis and celebrating how cool it is to be evil.
    The divines are just as much a part of Elder scrolls as the dark things and they too have fans devoted to them.

I wish we would get something divine for a change. Or at the very least, allowing for some roleplay. I always must close my eyes if I want to play this game and pretend my character never did that. Murkmire was just as hard.... helping those Sithis (basically Satan) worshipping people without an option for me to ever question this and take a stance for the light.

where are you getting all this "Satan" stuff from? please leave abrahamic religions out of this game.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG The Snow Bears!!!!!! I literally leapt with glee upon seeing them!

I purchased the game during their availability years ago, specifically at that time before Christmas IN ORDER TO GET THEM, and purchased crowns while downloading the game but could not get my account established enough to acquire them because the download at that time literally took me more than 2 days (and then would crash at about 24-36 hours in and start all over) hence I could not log in and access the crown store...

So I've waited for these with a tinge of envy/resentment every time I've seen another player run with them for YEARS. It will be so nice to finally have those things that I purchased crowns for many years ago!
    Edited by Tevalaur on January 2, 2019 10:09PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    I really wish ESO wasn't such a satanistic game.
    Its an over-simplification to say Daedra = Devil
    Sithis isn't Satan.
    Many MANY times the Hero is helped by a Daedra, their motives unknowable, even some of the more 'evil' ones like Boethiah & Mephala legit help You save the town/world.
    >:)<3o:)
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }