The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The house that Thal built (Autumns gate)

Thalidar
Thalidar
✭✭✭
I finally took the plunge and brought a small first home to start working on and other than a few extra's to add finishing detail it's pretty much complete. It's taken inspiration from a couple of you-tubers homes, trying to keep a Nordic theme. I've also used decorations and memento's from area's I've travelled to. The fan from Hews Bane, imgur skull, the Lynx, a Breton chair in recognition of my main, etc

9bp889acoiqy.jpg

dc3z5mw7o6xo.jpg

6bcgdek65mro.jpg

mmcg88us2bhk.jpg

4bcg1wyur7lo.jpg

ysny3kt4zyft.jpg

lpiao83qp3ds.jpg

fmahx8ca977b.jpg

ef7bkpwyp2yd.jpg

I'm especially proud of the hot tub area as being in a Nordic locale I thought it's perfect to relax in there to get rid of the aches and pains after a hard days adventuring. I'm going to add a couple of mugs/glasses here to go with the 2 towels.

My plan is to add a clothing station to go beside the outfit station (in my hut), the blacksmith station to go in the barn, the woodworking station to go beside the pile of wood, Alchemist station will be behind the snow fern. the fire place has the new life fire which doubles as a working provisioning station. Unsure if I'll add the enchanting and jewellery station but we'll see.

I definitely discovered that if when I added bits like my hot pool area it seriously ate up my furnishing spots, so my kitchen and lounge area isn't anywhere near as busy as I'd like it. Maybe another 20-30 slots would help but we'll see as I may a few alterations outside.

Oh and OMG recipes and making stuff is expensive. House 60k, everything else 300-400k...…..

Any pointers appreciated.

Thalidar

• Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks nice!.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a nice and cozy house.

One pointer I would like to give you is to go to settings/controls and to assign a key to the Switch UI on/off function, so that you can take screenshots without the minimap and such things interfering.

The screenshots will look much nicer that way.
    Edited by Watchdog on January 8, 2019 3:54PM
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looks great. :smile:

Love Autumn's Gate - you can make it really homely and it's good value for the gold.

...and yeah, decorating isn't cheap.

As you get higher level and amass more blueprints it, obviously, gets a little easier.

Although, supply of furnishing mats has not been attuned to meet the current demand; so, it's got more expensive from that point of view, lately, too.

• Thalidar
    Thalidar
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for input guys. I've added a hot key now to remove the ui stuff and have a blacksmithing station. It was going to go into the barn but then I realised realistically hot coals and mounts probably aren't that safe to mix.

When I get a chance I'll update the photos. Inc some day time ones as well.
  • Athenenoctua
    Athenenoctua
    Soul Shriven
    This is really lovely. A friend of mine has the same house and it is amazing how much you can do with it! It will be great to see the daytime photos (also without ui)!
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is great - I'd love to know how you made that stable!
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have this house too and I love it! You did a great job in keeping with the theme of the location, very inviting and cozy house to come home to after a long day in the trenches!
  • Thalidar
    Thalidar
    ✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »

Hiya.

The stable is the Orcish gazebo, 2x planks large, various hay from the witches festival (though I think it's normally in game to find). A hay bed (I'll confirm name once I get home after work), and a small stable sign from the luxury vendor.

I can bring the Gazebo out a lot more, but it def would dominate the outside area owing to its normal large size. You can buy it from guild stores for around 30k.

• anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thalidar wrote: »
    anadandy wrote: »

Hiya.

The stable is the Orcish gazebo, 2x planks large, various hay from the witches festival (though I think it's normally in game to find). A hay bed (I'll confirm name once I get home after work), and a small stable sign from the luxury vendor.

I can bring the Gazebo out a lot more, but it def would dominate the outside area owing to its normal large size. You can buy it from guild stores for around 30k.

Thank you!! I have that gazebo - it's currently acting as a carousel with all my exotic mounts in my otherwise empty psijiic villa :)
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good. I like Autumns Gate it is my Christmas house. I still have work to do on it after being distracted with Velothi Reverie which is where I'm installing all of my crafting stations.
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    You have created a very inviting home, Thalidar. Love the snow person outside :smile:

Please can you tell me if the unfurnished version comes with the flaming fireplace as it has when previewed?
  • xpixelatedtkox
    xpixelatedtkox
    ✭✭✭
    Making me want this house to decorate for New Life. Looks great, very cozy :)
    PC - NA
    Guild: Vanquish
  • Shxm
    Shxm
    ✭✭
    Making me want this house to decorate for New Life. Looks great, very cozy :)

Totally! The house has a comfy feeling.
  • Thalidar
    Thalidar
    ✭✭✭
    Hay guys. Glad you like it. The house does come with a fireplace but the one used is from the xmas/new life package. NB: you cam also buy it seperate in the house builder function using crowns.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have created a very inviting home, Thalidar. Love the snow person outside :smile:

Please can you tell me if the unfurnished version comes with the flaming fireplace as it has when previewed?

There is a fireplace (not the one shown in Thals home) but a standard Nordic brick one.
    If i remember correctly, the actual fire / flames does come included in the unfurnished version.
    This kinda backs it up, so hopefully yeah it does :)
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Autumn's-Gate
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very warm and inviting @Thalidar ! Love how you paid attention to detail, and kept the integrity of the home. Exceptionally classic and cozy ambiance. thank you for sharing your work!