Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Fight for Your Alliance During the Midyear Mayhem PvP Event!"

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else bothered that Midyear Mayhem is in Frostfall. I thought Frostfall was the start of the year, not mid-way through it?

Any clairification @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ?
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks like I finally got a reason to get caltrops and vigor on my stamden :D
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    With how poorly the last event went with lag, why are we having another one without the problems being addressed?
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh, please tell me that Event Tickets will show up in the crown store...away both weekends that this event covers, and I really don't want to miss out on Berries. I think that this event will exclude a lot of folks like myself who really don't PvP and can't do weekends all the time!!
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any chance you would consider adding gladiator proofs to the drop table? It is a long way to 100 to collect them all!
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Threemoons wrote: »
    Ugh, please tell me that Event Tickets will show up in the crown store...away both weekends that this event covers, and I really don't want to miss out on Berries. I think that this event will exclude a lot of folks like myself who really don't PvP and can't do weekends all the time!!

@Threemoons,
    yes, ZoS have confirmed somewhere that event tickets will show up in the Crown store (during the last event of this quarter, I think).

Note that you don't have to participate in every event. Each event gives more than 10 tickets - I think you can get 24 tickets from this new MidJanuary Mayhem event, by doing one PvP daily per day. This means that you can earn more than enough tickets for all the berries you need by participating in two or three of the events (although doing just one will not be enough). The important thing is that you MUST participate in the LAST event of each quarter, I think. That will be the only event in which the final berry needed for the dawnwood indrik evolution will be available - unless they just make it so that you only need 4 berries of one type for an evolution. If you are not that keen on the dawnwood indrik, start buying more feathers for other indriks in future quarters.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "When battling your fellow players in PvP during the Midyear Mayhem event, you’ll receive Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Boxes when you receive your regular Rewards for the Worthy containers AND as rewards from various PvP daily quests. These dailies include the repeatable Town, Battle, Bounty, Conquest, Scouting, and Warfront quests in Cyrodiil and the Battlegrounds repeatable quests. "

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom - Will we be receiving boon boxes from completing Imperial City Dailies as well?
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Threemoons wrote: »

@Threemoons,
    yes, ZoS have confirmed somewhere that event tickets will show up in the Crown store (during the last event of this quarter, I think).

Note that you don't have to participate in every event. Each event gives more than 10 tickets - I think you can get 24 tickets from this new MidJanuary Mayhem event, by doing one PvP daily per day. This means that you can earn more than enough tickets for all the berries you need by participating in two or three of the events (although doing just one will not be enough). The important thing is that you MUST participate in the LAST event of each quarter, I think. That will be the only event in which the final berry needed for the dawnwood indrik evolution will be available - unless they just make it so that you only need 4 berries of one type for an evolution. If you are not that keen on the dawnwood indrik, start buying more feathers for other indriks in future quarters.

Yeah, but what if I want to have enough tickets to keep getting more feathers so that I can have 1 of each mount? I do hope they implement store tix soon...work is keeping me away from ESO lately alas.
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mid year already? Boy, that sure went fast.
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mid year already? Boy, that sure went fast.

Its gone that quick, the shops will be advertising christmas in a cpl of weeks lol
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Should be called "First Blood" Mayhem (or some other defining time-related name) , then the 2nd Midyear Mayhem would hv its original meaning again.
    Junipus wrote: »
    Am I the only one confused by the 'Mid year' part of this? Unless it's confused Aussies running things then it's due in July/August. Unless it's 'Bi-Annually Mayhem' which would make more sense.

I ain't knockin' the generosity, but I'll seriously question it during lag at 3pm and 120 queues at 5pm on a Tuesday.
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, Id rather get tickets from the first reward for the unworthy. But anyway, lets do some pvp
    Rawr
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭

The very reason why PvP is dying and factions are pretty much pointless... Any one remembers the times when campaigns were alliance - locked ? No ball group AP farmers, no faction hoppers, no re-logers, no scroll stealing exploits... every one was fighting for their own alliance and for its Victory in the campaign.... Good old times

The golden age of PVP. I do miss it very much.
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soon...
    dajycdax3lur.gif

Edited by KitLightning on January 9, 2019 5:22PM
    "I'd rather be insane in a sane world, than sane in an insane world!" ~Me
    Warning - This is a spoiler and looking at it for too long may cause irrecoverable eyesight issues.
    ◔̯◔

MechWarrior: Living Legends – Total conversion modification for Crysis Wars.

kitlightning.deviantart
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "When battling your fellow players in PvP during the Midyear Mayhem event, you’ll receive Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Boxes when you receive your regular Rewards for the Worthy containers AND as rewards from various PvP daily quests. These dailies include the repeatable Town, Battle, Bounty, Conquest, Scouting, and Warfront quests in Cyrodiil and the Battlegrounds repeatable quests. "

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom - Will we be receiving boon boxes from completing Imperial City Dailies as well?

@marius_buys
    If this is like the usual Midyear Mayhem, you do NOT get boon boxes for the IC repeatable dailies, as they do not award any AP - only Telvar. However, the Cyrodiil quest hub/town repeatable dailies DO give boon boxes (and AP). You can still get double AP and XP for any player kills in IC while you are doing those dailies though, and there are some event achievements which might send you into IC if you are a completionist.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSA: We identified an issue where Event Tickets and rewards will not display properly in the rewards UI, but they will be automatically added to your inventory even if you don’t see them in the quest reward UI upon completing the quest. We have a fix scheduled for this on January 15th.

Have you identified the issue of PvP being nearly unplayable WITHOUT an event going on or do all those threads for the last several years not show up for everyone?
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, If I understood thing correctly, the reward boxes do not hold anything new, just the same old stuff from previous mayhem. That's rather disappointing - there doesn't seem to be new achievements or collectibles either.

I suppose the Akaviri motif pages have some value, but I already have all of them on couple of characters and the alliance style pages ain't worth all that much either. After the event, the market is gonna be flooded with them again as many of us have already learned them.

While some will find the double XP useful too, it has lost a lot of it's significance due o the amount of XP boosting items we are constantly receiving as daily log in rewards. And to those of us well beyond 1000cp it has even less meaning.

So the only thing to do is any one daily quest each day for the tickets and double AP... Right. Color me unimpressed.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Junipus wrote: »
    Am I the only one confused by the 'Mid year' part of this? Unless it's confused Aussies running things then it's due in July/August.

You do know it's only the seasons that are different? Our year still runs from January-December. You know this right?
  • Tuborgian1818
    Tuborgian1818
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...All Hail to Combat Bug, may it always keep reigning in the name of the almighty Lag and may the neverending Queue be with us all ! Amen and thank you... :-((

At least i am pleased to see that here in the english forum ( unlike in the german one ) some of the long-time inhabitants of Cyrodiil seem to have the voice to speak out that this event is A LITTLE BIT unwelcomed by the majority of AvA-addicted parts of the ESO-community...

Well, let's get this done, nobody at ZOS seems to listen anyway...

Dear PvE-Guests, please don't forget that there are some in Cyro who really love what u will be part of in the next days - just try to really support your Alliance, whichever it might be...would be great if the running campaigns would be of some importance to you as well...thank you :-)
    Alba gu bràth

“Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change.”
    ― Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, Frankenstein ( pub.1818 )

• BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    PSA: We identified an issue where Event Tickets and rewards will not display properly in the rewards UI, but they will be automatically added to your inventory even if you don’t see them in the quest reward UI upon completing the quest. We have a fix scheduled for this on January 15th.

Have you identified the issue of PvP being nearly unplayable WITHOUT an event going on or do all those threads for the last several years not show up for everyone?

LOL, kind of wondering the same thing. It's why I've spent most of my time in Shor in 2018.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • EVELYN_WAUGH
    EVELYN_WAUGH
    ✭✭✭
    No additional campaigns this time?
    PSN ID: EVELYN_WAUGH
    GM of Iron Bank of Tamriel
  • inclinations
    inclinations
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    But will Event Tickets be visible (added) in the currency tab in our inventory?

I see no tickets added in the currency tab. Anyone else?

update... issue was me misunderstanding what quest would work. Scout quest in cyro dropped tickets
    Edited by inclinations on January 10, 2019 4:27PM
    Vet Maelstrom makes me cry.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wondered this too @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no ...
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

I thought after the Great Undaunted Event Group Finder Fiasco of 2018™, ZOS would have been better prepared to take all necessary steps to avoid event bottlenecking.....

But with no official activity on the official ESO forums in over 48 hours I guess it's back to the status quo.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »

I thought after the Great Undaunted Event Group Finder Fiasco of 2018™, ZOS would have been better prepared to take all necessary steps to avoid event bottlenecking.....

But with no official activity on the official ESO forums in over 48 hours I guess it's back to the status quo.

It's the new communication that @ZOS_GinaBruno promised. Perhaps @ZOS_RichLambert can teach me abut the eyeroll i need for this one?

ZOS_GinaBruno wrote: »
    Hi everyone. First of all, you aren't wrong. We agree we haven't been communicating as much as we should on this matter (among others) and for that, we apologize. There really is no excuse.

• sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should have called it Morningstar Mayhem.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Korinth
    Korinth
    ✭✭✭
    Just did a Scouting quest, turned it in, no tickets showed up in my inventory (under the currency tab).... what gives?

Edit: Just did all of Bruma's town quests, and another scouting mission...nothing.... this is really not cool.

I did have 12 tickets when I logged in today. Went and bought my "berries" and that left 2 in my inventory.... after I did all the missions above ....I still have only 2 tickets in my inventory.
    Edited by Korinth on January 11, 2019 2:11AM
    Guild Officer
    Tamriel Transport Co.

tusc.enjin.com/home
  • HungryMonkey007
    How much AP do Imperial City districts give normally? I thought it was 3k, so during event it should be 6k, but I’m still only getting 3k. Is this a bug or is the Imperial City excluded? The event announcement includes Imperial City so it should be double AP.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much AP do Imperial City districts give normally? I thought it was 3k, so during event it should be 6k, but I’m still only getting 3k. Is this a bug or is the Imperial City excluded? The event announcement includes Imperial City so it should be double AP.

Have you used the scroll?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders