Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mages Guild passive active on wrong bar

Das_Co
Das_Co
If you have Inner light and shooting star active on one bar, and another second light active on the other bar, you get the bonus of the passive Magicka Controller on the bar where you only slotted the single Inner light.

That means, first bar with Inner Light and Shooting start has a 2% bonus while the second bar with only inner light has a 4% bonus.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Das_Co wrote: »
    If you have Inner light and shooting star active on one bar, and another second light active on the other bar, you get the bonus of the passive Magicka Controller on the bar where you only slotted the single Inner light.

That means, first bar with Inner Light and Shooting start has a 2% bonus while the second bar with only inner light has a 4% bonus.
    It does not appear to me that Magicka Controller -- the "Mages Guild Passive" in the topic of the OP -- is active on the "wrong bar". That is, your description does not support that assertion.

On the face of it, the Magicka Controller bonus should be 4% while the first bar is selected, with Inner Light and Shooting Star, and the bonus should be 2% while the second bar is selected, which has only Inner Light.

Either (a) your conclusion is the reverse of what occurs in the game, or (b) there is a bug in the software which applies the Magicka Controller bonus (2% for Rank II) twice to the second bar which has only Inner Light, and applies the bonus once to the first bar which has both Inner Light and Shooting Star abilities, instead of twice.

For what it may be worth, IIRC the Magicka Controller bonus is not applied for the ultimate ability, Shooting Star. It is applied only for each of the other Mages Guild abilities which are on an ability bar. At least, it was that way originally, although it might have been changed since. If that does remain so, then Magicka Controller should buff Magicka capacity and regeneration by 2% for the Inner Light ability on each of the respective bars.

So, I recommend searching the Combat section of this forum for information and advice as to how combat outcomes are calculated, and as to which buffs and debuffs are applied with regard to abilities:

Combat & Character Mechanics

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apologies for the necro, but this is still happening. My back bar gets the magicka buff when I bar swap — not my front bar, where I have two Mages Guild skills slotted.

Have ZOS acknowledged this bug at all?
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Apologies for the necro, but this is still happening. My back bar gets the magicka buff when I bar swap — not my front bar, where I have two Mages Guild skills slotted.

Yep

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5395852#Comment_5395852
    from
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/430974/magicka-controller-mages-guild-passive-visual-bug#latest
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrpaxman wrote: »
    Aurielle wrote: »

Yep

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5395852#Comment_5395852
    from
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/430974/magicka-controller-mages-guild-passive-visual-bug#latest

Sigh. Of course they can’t reproduce it... Will upload a video shortly.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/S6mSEhdvO5w

@ZOS_GinaBruno

I don’t know if it’s just a visual bug, but it affects tooltip values as well. If you equip Mages Guild skills on your back bar (rather than your front bar), your skills on your front bar show a higher damage tooltip.
  • Cortimi
    Cortimi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost 2020 and this still exists.
    Xbox NA: Soviet Messiah
    EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
    EP: Melga - Orc StamDen (Dah Bear)
    EP: Narileya - Nord StamPlar (Mad cuz Bad)
    EP: Corvaera - Bosmer Orc StamSorc (RIP)

PS4 NA (Retired at CP835): Soviet-Messiah:
    DC: Melga gra-Antilae - StamDen
    AD: Corvaera - Bosmer StamSorc
    Urvoth wrote: »
    CP is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be "tanky" so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.
  • The_Auror
    The_Auror
    ✭✭✭
    It's not even simply the wrong bar at this point. The bar that gets the buff can change by going through a load screen. We've been running vAS +2 multiple times a night and each time we port in I have to check which bar has higher max magicka and swap the bar degen is on to compensate. Happy to record a vid of this but I doubt anyone even cares anymore.
    Edited by The_Auror on October 30, 2019 6:24PM
  • Cortimi
    Cortimi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a video showing the problem. Notice the max mag values and regen values.
    Edited by Cortimi on October 30, 2019 7:17PM
    Xbox NA: Soviet Messiah
    EP: Melga - Orc StamDen (Dah Bear)
    EP: Narileya - Nord StamPlar (Mad cuz Bad)
    EP: Corvaera - Bosmer Orc StamSorc (RIP)

PS4 NA (Retired at CP835): Soviet-Messiah:
    DC: Melga gra-Antilae - StamDen
    AD: Corvaera - Bosmer StamSorc
    Urvoth wrote: »
    CP is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be "tanky" so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still happens in 2021