Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official discussion thread for “Get ready for ESO’s Next Big Announcement”

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
995cca336e61a5f25928270de5ca8a65.jpg

The cat's out of bag!

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article “Get ready for ESO’s Next Big Announcement”. Find out how you can learn about the upcoming ESO Chapter and what's coming to the game in 2019 in this article.
Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on January 6, 2019 6:45PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CATDRAGONS
  • JesQu
    JesQu
    ✭✭✭✭
    HYPE STARTS!
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was a most uncomfortable situation with the bag yes.

This one hopes never to have such a present related misfortune at Fishmas ever again.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...And the speculation begins!
    I've seen one thread referencing an image sent to a streamer that had a broken dragon skull and a sigil or symbol that might be related to spellcrafting assets seen ingame a long time ago... That might be an accident; the dragon is more likely to be the teaser of things to come. Since dragons do not exist ingame at present, perhaps there will be some form of time travel?
    And then the wording of the teaser announcement - "the cat is out of the bag" - hints, possibly, at Elswyr, even though others have dismissed that possibility?
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on January 6, 2019 7:56PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pls
    don't
    nerf
    anything
    too much ! !
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsweyr (Khajiit), Dragons, Abnur Tharn, Necromancer, Pelinal (PVP Event) ...

All has to do with the same thing?

Strange *confuse*
    Edited by Shadow-Fighter on January 6, 2019 8:14PM
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
  • HidesFromSun
    HidesFromSun
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome! I'm sooo hyped for this! :smiley:

Also, look at the corners of the image. What do you see? Moons. It's gotta be Elsweyr!
    Edited by HidesFromSun on January 6, 2019 8:11PM
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pls
    don't
    nerf
    anything
    too much ! !

Already done.
    Necromancer will be OP :p
    Edited by Shadow-Fighter on January 6, 2019 8:20PM
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
  • Da_Leroy
    Da_Leroy
    "Want to earn some amazing goodies? " where? i cant see the amazing goodies, can someone help me find them????
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Da_Leroy wrote: »
    "Want to earn some amazing goodies? " where? i cant see the amazing goodies, can someone help me find them????

Goodies come with watching the twitch stream traveller.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NECROMANCER!

Hype Factor 10!
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So pumped! I think I just made a nerd stain...
  • goldCoaster
    goldCoaster
    ✭✭✭

tf8n05tn5d8v.gif
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WwtJSLp.gif
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want to be hyped for all this new, cool-sounding PVE content, but...I just can't imagine coming back to play it if combat in quest content continues to be designed solely for low-level players. Murkmire's lore and story were some of the best ESO has ever produced, but I found myself constantly pulled out of enjoying it due to how much of a chore all combat outside of group content and PVP is at this point. Hopefully something will be done to give vets an option for interesting, engaging combat in these new content drops.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • trowlk
    trowlk
    ✭✭✭✭
    90k concurrent viewers: Rich will commit to getting an ESO tattoo somewhere (SFW) on his body!

When you sell your body to the highest bidder.

I love the iniciative!
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trowlk wrote: »
    90k concurrent viewers: Rich will commit to getting an ESO tattoo somewhere (SFW) on his body!

When you sell your body to the highest bidder.

I love the iniciative!

Why is there not yet a poll as to the nature of this inking yes?

So many ideas ...

Dragons are always classy though. Perhaps a Khajiit riding a dragon through the sky past the bright moons ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• trowlk
    trowlk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is there not yet a poll as to the nature of this inking yes?

So many ideas ...

Dragons are always classy though. Perhaps a Khajiit riding a dragon through the sky past the bright moons ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Or a Khajiit smoking skooma while making a dragon shape with its fumes!

• eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am i the only one who finds the "rich gets a tattoo" part extremely distastful? Not like u can wash that off or sth.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    Am i the only one who finds the "rich gets a tattoo" part extremely distastful? Not like u can wash that off or sth.

Thankfully for him, it's not our choice.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This one assumes it was probably his own idea yes and does not form a legally binding part of his contract.

Many of us choose to have tattoos to represent the significant things in our lives. Think of it as being like an item of important jewellery almost.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is a necro class please please give us ability to change class i would gladly pay 3k crowns to change the class then to start a brand new.

Edited by ForsakenSin on January 6, 2019 9:54PM
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If there is a necro class please please give us ability to change class i would gladly pay 3k crowns to change the class then to start a brand new.

Why not just sell max level characters with all skills leveled and skyshards unlocked
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This one hopes never to have such a present related misfortune at Fishmas ever again.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Dear Santie @SantieClaws ,

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience you suffered last Fishmas while travelling in our bag, which you did not enter on your 100% free will.
    You must however understand that it was the only way we could take you to the doctor, and help you with your undiagnosed bones and skeleton problems.
    As it turned out - luckily for you - the problem was not internal. It was related to the overweight you were carrying in your pockets.
    Now that you can travel light, you don't suffer any inconvenience anymore, and we hope you understand that the travel in the bag - and all related events - were genuinely for you own good.

Yours with zips,

Anita :)
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on January 6, 2019 10:15PM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Dear Santie @SantieClaws ,

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience you suffered last Fishmas while travelling in our bag, which you did not enter on your 100% free will.
    You must however understand that it was the only way we could take you to the doctor, and help you with your undiagnosed bones and skeleton problems.
    As it turned out - luckily for you - the problem was not internal. It was related to the overweight you were carrying in your pockets.
    Now that you can travel light, you don't suffer any inconvenience anymore, and we hope you understand that the travel in the bag - and all related events - were genuinely for you own good.

Your with zips,

Anita :)

Robbery as well as imprisonment yes!

This one now shakes and trembles at the sound of a rustling bag. A good holiday in Elsweyr with no monsters or worries will calm the nerves perhaps,

Wait dragons you say? Necromancy ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THEORY TIME!

While all signs point to Elsweyr (the landmass in the image, if it IS a landmass, is pretty much Elsweyr, you can tell by the shape), the dragon bit had me a bit confused...at first.

But then I remembered how much Elder Scrolls lore I bother to look up. And there's only one connection between catfolk and dragons that can think of: the Ka Po'Tun of Akavir. They're more tiger-like than the Khajiit, and ever since the dragons in Akavir died out, the Ka Po'Tun have been trying to transform into dragons themselves. Tosh Raka, their leader, was the only one known to have successfully done so.

It's unknown when specifically he did this, other than it was before the events of Morrowind. Because Tosh Raka is only ever mentioned in the book Mysterious Akavir, which is first seen in Morrowind.

Of course, all of this could be wrong, since it's pure speculation on my part. I could just be overthinking this whole "Season of the Dragon" thing. But who knows? Maybe we'll see Ka Po'Tun in Elsweyr?

We shall see, come January 15th. Suddenly, I'm hoping for the idea of a tiger-dragon polymorph. I mean, if we can get a polymorph that makes Kjahiit look more like wolves, why not one that makes them (and other races) look more like dragons? XP
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on January 8, 2019 7:52AM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derlfak wrote: »
    Also, look at the corners of the image. What do you see? Moons.

Ooo, good catch!

You'll note that nowhere in that announcement does it say it has to be a PERMANENT tattoo:

As written, he could get a temporary tattoo and it wouldn't contradict the text.

#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    995cca336e61a5f25928270de5ca8a65.jpg

The cat's out of bag!

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article “Get ready for ESO’s Next Big Announcement”. Find out how you can learn about the upcoming ESO Chapter and what's coming to the game in 2019 in this article.

Cat's out of the bag, indeed... giphy.gif

Oh, and ZOS has a new Dev who has been hard at work on the chapter... ;)
    W5eUAwr.gif
  • OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe dragons taste like argonians so I must prepare my bows for the big hunt #justbosmerthings
    GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
    if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird thing to focus on, but does anyone know what the background of that image is supposed to be? Looks like someone photoshopped a rock to look like an intrusion of iron-bearing mineral into concrete or something. And I NEED to know the significance of it!!! D:
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster