Furnishing Materials Don't Seem to Drop From Surveys

Raijindono
Raijindono
✭✭✭
Has anyone ever gotten furnishing mats from a survey?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. As far as I know, they don't. Since they didnt add them the last time they updated surveys to include jewelry seams, I suspect that's working as intended.
  • LadyLavender
    LadyLavender
    ✭✭
    Correct. They stated in one of the patch notes while furniture crafting was in PTS that surveys would NOT drop furnishing mats.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭
    No. We need to use farm nodes to get them.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"

Speaker of Sons of the Night Mother guild [PS4][EU]
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    so annoying
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Raijindono
    Raijindono
    ✭✭✭
    Okie, thanks for confirming that they don't drop.

However, I'd like to know why. These nodes are fundamentally no different from a regular node. How difficult would it be to add these items to the survey loot table from a development standpoint?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raijindono wrote: »
    Okie, thanks for confirming that they don't drop.

However, I'd like to know why. These nodes are fundamentally no different from a regular node. How difficult would it be to add these items to the survey loot table from a development standpoint?

From ZOS's development philosophy, they seem to like making new materials rare. They did it CP 150/160 mats before hand. They did it again with jewelry upgrade mats. And while they do occasionally tweak stuff, I'm still getting 1 ruby ash from each non intricate staff I decon from drop loot. Maybe they think it keeps the game economy functional with artificial scarcity, I don't know.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    Alts: Group Photo
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●