The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Furnishing Materials Don't Seem to Drop From Surveys

Raijindono
Raijindono
✭✭✭
Has anyone ever gotten furnishing mats from a survey?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. As far as I know, they don't. Since they didnt add them the last time they updated surveys to include jewelry seams, I suspect that's working as intended.
  • LadyLavender
    LadyLavender
    ✭✭
    Correct. They stated in one of the patch notes while furniture crafting was in PTS that surveys would NOT drop furnishing mats.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No. We need to use farm nodes to get them.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    so annoying
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Raijindono
    Raijindono
    ✭✭✭
    Okie, thanks for confirming that they don't drop.

However, I'd like to know why. These nodes are fundamentally no different from a regular node. How difficult would it be to add these items to the survey loot table from a development standpoint?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raijindono wrote: »
    Okie, thanks for confirming that they don't drop.

However, I'd like to know why. These nodes are fundamentally no different from a regular node. How difficult would it be to add these items to the survey loot table from a development standpoint?

From ZOS's development philosophy, they seem to like making new materials rare. They did it CP 150/160 mats before hand. They did it again with jewelry upgrade mats. And while they do occasionally tweak stuff, I'm still getting 1 ruby ash from each non intricate staff I decon from drop loot. Maybe they think it keeps the game economy functional with artificial scarcity, I don't know.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●