Back to not quitting properly

FierceSam
FierceSam
✭✭
Unusually, I was able to play for more than an hour and got to the point where I wanted to quit. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the game didn't actually quit, it just released me from the server, gave me a black screen and just sat there ...

At least with the previous patch it quit badly and I got a verbose error report, now it just hangs around like a bad smell.

Ticket #181218-001209
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭
    I get this again now too - I quit the game and it stays in black screen indefinitely until I just force quit it.
    Filthy Gorgeous (PC/EU)
  • otab
    otab
    ✭✭
    @FierceSam Try hitting Command+Opt+Esc if you find yourself stuck upon exit.

For me, that quits from the black screen immediately.
    I perform unspeakable acts on innocent source code.
  • Wintergreen
    Wintergreen
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't get the black screen, but I do have to Force Quit.
    Mac/NA
  • ArranHS
    ArranHS
    I too have to force quit
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think some times people are very impatient. It can take 60 seconds to quit to desktop sometimes. I once stayed on an infinite load screen for 12 minutes and it did actually load. I do this so my add-on savedvariables don't get ducked up. Also, people: please use minion and make a backup every time you are done playing. And copy that backup to cloud storage like google drive.
    Edited by qbit on January 6, 2019 12:27AM
    PC-NA: @q.bit
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also if you are leveling up in the forums and want to quit properly, then you need to send your stuff to q.bit (add the dot in game)
    PC-NA: @q.bit