Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stupid question about forum use

devilsTear
devilsTear
✭✭✭
So I have a kinda dumb question lol
I keep getting notifications for a topic I don't wish to get notifications off anymore.. Is it possible to turn that off somewhere? I only use the forum on my phone as I don't have a computer if that matters anything.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Click your name in the upper left corner of this page
    Click the drop-down box in the upper right corner (Below the search box and the go button) - says 'edit profile'
    On the left edge of the edit profile page, look for notification preferences

(im giving these instructions from a computer, it is possible the page looks different on a phone, but the edit profile option should still be there somewhere)
    Edited by Sharee on January 5, 2019 4:04PM
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check the star next to it. If its yellow or filled in you are following it. I accidentally touched a star while scrolling and then got a billion emails from a topic. Just tap it again to unfollow.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    It's not favorited so the star thingie doesn't work, I posted in the 3 word story topic once but that was a long time ago and I don't want to follow it anymore.
    I tried checking notification preferences too but there's nothing there, I can uncheck the '' notify me of topics I posted in '' but then I'd lose the notifications that I do want to follow if that makes sense xD
    Thanks for the answers though.
  • theskymoves
    theskymoves
    ✭✭✭✭
    devilsTear wrote: »
    It's not favorited so the star thingie doesn't work, I posted in the 3 word story topic once but that was a long time ago and I don't want to follow it anymore.
    I tried checking notification preferences too but there's nothing there, I can uncheck the '' notify me of topics I posted in '' but then I'd lose the notifications that I do want to follow if that makes sense xD
    Thanks for the answers though.

I feel your pain... I posted a request in the change-my-forum-user-name thread and now I get a notification every stinkin' time someone else wants to change their forum name. :/
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can disable notifications for all participated threads, but not specific ones. It’s all-or-nothing.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had the same question
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    devilsTear wrote: »

I have all notifications disabled except for 'private message received', and am using the 'participated' thread filter instead. It shows you all the topics you've replied to, and if there's a new post, it will be on top. Just check 'participated' everytime you start browsing the forum.