Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Play Button

King_Aragorn
So every time I start it up I click the play button and all it does is turn from blue to gray. I've read multiple forums about this issue and none of them have helped. I've also tried to contact with technical support but after waiting 4 hours I still have no response. Please help me!
  • costa4567
    costa4567
    same problem there forums didnt help
    Options
  • Lizacky
    Lizacky
    do you get crash report or just colour changes?
    Edited by Lizacky on April 2, 2014 10:14PM
    "uoy tresed dna dnuora nur annog reven, nwod uoy tel annog reven, pu uoy evig annog reven"
    R.A.
    Options
  • ZOS_ChesterN
    Hail Defilers of Molag Bal!

Please go to My Documents/The Elder Scrolls Online/Live and look for the UserSettings.txt file. Then perform the following steps:
    •Open UserSettings.txt with Notepad
    •Press Ctrl + F and search for RequestedNumThreads
    •This brings you to the line SET RequestedNumThreads "X" (with a number instead of X)
    •Change that number to 0 (zero, not the letter O)
    •Save and close the document
    •Restart the launcher and try to launch the game

If players are having difficulties locating the file, please let us know and we'll help you!

ChesterN
    Options
  • Ganksalot
    Ganksalot
    Soul Shriven
    Apreciate the response and yes I knew there was an update in progress. I am able to play on 2 of the machines on my network it is just my sons machine that can not connect. I have created the text file Settings.txt and pasted what was suggested inside of it. I then copy and pasted the same file in the documents elder scrolls folder and the live folder to make sure it was in the right spot. Still did not work. I have done a clean reinstall of the os now running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit completetly updated. I have updated the driver software. I have tried setting the compatiblity mode to all options from windows xp SP2 and up for both the launcher and the eso.exe file. I have set both programs to run as admin as well. The process shows in the task manager but never launches fully on the desktop. I am going to uninstall his drivers tonight when I get home and do a fresh install with the most current drivers to see if it makes a differnce. I also seen where someone said loading there machine in safemode helped some how so will give that a shot as well. I have submitted a ticket and responded to there email with a dxdiag so here is hoping they get back with me before I am home from work with some more troubleshooting steps,..
    Options
  • blevinsgirl97_ESO
    Try turning off you user account controls and updating your graphics card. It worked for me...
    Options
  • blevinsgirl97_ESO
    Try turning off you user account controls and updating your graphics card. It worked for me...
    Options
  • blevinsgirl97_ESO
    I have to do turn off user account controls after every update...
    Options
  • blevinsgirl97_ESO
    I contacted their help also, I was down for a week, before I just fixed it myself, from reading different forums. Their help isn't much help, and only available, by email, sometime in the middle of the night.
    Options
  • massterror
    i have this same problem iv had the game for a week and cant play it tried everything
    Options