Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO looks super cartoony on my new 4k HDR TV...

Seraphayel
Seraphayel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey there. I'm playing on a PS4 Pro.

I recently bought a new TV with 4k and HDR (65") and just returned to ESO today. Before I played on a usual 2k TV without HDR (55").

I was very much looking forward to playing ESO on my new TV but it looks totally off. The 4k resolution is very nice but the colors are off and it looks so cartoony. Is HDR the reason? ESO on my Full HD TV looked quite nice and a lot more realistic (=better) than on my expensive and very high quality 4k HDR TV.

Did someone have the same issue and can tell me what's the problem here?
PS5
EU
Aldmeri Dominion
- Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Hostee
    Hostee
    ✭✭✭
    HDR is messed up on this game. Turn it off for the time being.
  • kalimar44
    kalimar44
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I find it to look fine on my 65" Samsung tv with hdr on. Do other things with hdr look off and did you calibrate your tv?
  • signed8bit
    signed8bit
    ✭✭
    It is quite a different look. Very over saturated in places, especially lava. They attempted to “fix” it but the result was way too muted. The fix was reverted and I believe the dev team is reevaluating the HDR presentation. I’ve grown to like it overall but it could use some tweaks. I wouldn’t call what I see as cartoony though.