The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Misleading email from ZOS regarding Idrik mount

kayla7795
kayla7795
So I got this email from ZOS saying it’s the last chance to earn the mount
t3hu5qustrgy.png

But in the in game tutorial is says you need a new base mount for the different evolutions of the indrik mount
70bq2zvl3mrg.jpeg
So clearly there will have to be WAY more chances to buy more feathers.....
Not what I would call a last chance

Edited by kayla7795 on December 15, 2018 2:34AM
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    kayla7795 wrote: »
    So I got this email from ZOS saying it’s the last chance to earn the mount
    t3hu5qustrgy.png

But in the in game tutorial is says you need a new base mount for the different evolutions of the indrik mount
    70bq2zvl3mrg.jpeg
    So clearly there will have to be WAY more chances to buy more feathers.....
    Not what I would call a last chance

Right, the patch notes when they brought the indrik to life showed they'd be showing the fruit evolutions later and this would likely continue for another year or so. That said it's the last chance this year. Technically since it does extend into January partly for the event even that's not entirely inaccurate or accurate.
    Account: @Delsana
    FREE CRAFTING (NA PC) SIDENOTE: Hel'phaer is a Grand Master Crafter with almost every motif (excluding Buoyant, Meridian, Coldsnap, Grim Harlequin, Tsaesci, Pellitine, and Elder Argonian because can't afford it) and will craft attractive quality and visually appealing training gear or combat sets for those interested. FREE gear for players below CP 160 (equivalent level of 210), and paid gear in some form from those CP 160 or higher.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes that's most likely misleading / untrue.

Since they've explicitly stated that evolving the mount gets rid of the nascent, we have to be able to get these feathers again in future events to create a new nascent to evolve that into a new form. Etc. etc.

Probably not illegal (eg. false advertising) since they're not asking you to part with money to get this mount.

So just wrong.

Personally I've had ZOS flash me so many times with phrases like "limited time only" and "last chance" that they barely even register.
  • Spacegato
    Spacegato
    ✭✭✭
    I just wished I found out sooner you really need to get the Nascent Indrik multiple times, have let quite some tickets get to waste :( or atleast removed the ticket cap.. And with the mail from ZOS it only made it more confusing.
    Edited by Spacegato on December 16, 2018 12:51PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just be aware that they have not announced any future Event Ticket opportunities. Treat this one like the last one.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just be aware that they have not announced any future Event Ticket opportunities. Treat this one like the last one.

They havent officially announced it, no.

On the PTS, they stated the berries are also purchasble for event tickets amd described how those event tickets will be earned for future events.

So this almost certainly NOT the last chance.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/438653/pts-patch-notes-v4-2-2
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 16, 2018 1:58PM
  • kayla7795
    kayla7795

On the PTS, they stated the berries are also purchasble for event tickets amd described how those event tickets will be earned for future events.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/438653/pts-patch-notes-v4-2-2
    EXACTLY plus how else would you get more base mounts?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My standing philosophy with ZOS is that whatever they say last erases all previous statements, and that all statements in the forum, Twitter, ESO Live, etc must be taken verbatim, with almost no interpretation and minimal assumption. If they say "last chance" they mean it, and it is not safe to assume anything other than what is literally said.

Yes, they might have opportunities later in 2019, based on prior statements. The "last chance" may have meant for 2018.

I am no longer considering it to be something that is guaranteed. For all we know, they may have already decided to change the berries to a different currency. They may have decided to limit us to a single Indrik mount, which we can choose to customize one time. Maybe they decided that the Indrik mount was going to be for 2018, and that next year there will be a different mount. Maybe the Indrik mount is now only available to players who are playing now.

They very rarely correct themselves or clarify once they make a statement, and when they do, they tend to do it right away. No statement in here likely means no corrections or clarifications are coming. The only way we will be able to tell if this is the last chance forever or the last chance this year is if they announce when more event tickets can be earned, and whether those event tickets can be used for feathers.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • kayla7795
    kayla7795

My standing philosophy with ZOS is that whatever they say last erases all previous statements, and that all statements in the forum, Twitter, ESO Live, etc must be taken verbatim, with almost no interpretation and minimal assumption. If they say "last chance" they mean it, and it is not safe to assume anything other than what is literally said.

Yes, they might have opportunities later in 2019, based on prior statements. The "last chance" may have meant for 2018.

I am no longer considering it to be something that is guaranteed. For all we know, they may have already decided to change the berries to a different currency. They may have decided to limit us to a single Indrik mount, which we can choose to customize one time. Maybe they decided that the Indrik mount was going to be for 2018, and that next year there will be a different mount. Maybe the Indrik mount is now only available to players who are playing now.

They very rarely correct themselves or clarify once they make a statement, and when they do, they tend to do it right away. No statement in here likely means no corrections or clarifications are coming. The only way we will be able to tell if this is the last chance forever or the last chance this year is if they announce when more event tickets can be earned, and whether those event tickets can be used for feathers.

They have announced it now
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55477