The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to bow/bow NB In BGs by Ovenface

Zeromaz
Zeromaz
✭✭✭✭
As requested. Hope you guys enjoy!

How to bow/bow Nightblade BG by Ovenface

https://youtu.be/99GixomxrRs

How to Manage Magicka by Ovenface

https://youtu.be/EDAPLQUp4bk
Edited by Zeromaz on January 4, 2019 4:28AM
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, that pretty much sums up this fun, fun playstyle.

Bottom of the leaderboards, stealing all the kills from your team, not helping them in any way while doing so.

You really showed them. Took a lot of skill to press the cloak button that many times. Not abusing a major bug in the game by stacking all those hits at once. Not at all. Good job dude.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, that pretty much sums up this fun, fun playstyle.

Bottom of the leaderboards, stealing all the kills from your team, not helping them in any way while doing so.

You really showed them. Took a lot of skill to press the cloak button that many times. Not abusing a major bug in the game by stacking all those hits at once. Not at all. Good job dude.

You’re welcome. Now there will be even more of us. Glad i could help
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ovenface! This man is an absolute LEGEND!
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Ovenface! This man is an absolute LEGEND!

<3
  • goldCoaster
    goldCoaster
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't play a NB as a sneaky, opportunist scumbag, you're playing a Nightblade wrong.
  • Typical_T_ReX
    Typical_T_ReX
    ✭✭✭
    Best Gank-style Nb on PC NA.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Learning has occurred.
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Learning has occurred.

Glad some people are taking something from this
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't played BGs for a bit. But from what I remember is everytime I saw ovenface, I knew that would be a player I couldn't kill but would kill me a bunch...the woa's of a glass canon light armor magplar...

Serious note. Cloak is OP as ***
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I plan to make a series of short videos explaining detailed parts of the build. Picking targets, magicka management, kiting, etc.... if people are interested
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, as I expected. Lots of reliance on stealth, snipe spam, picking off targets, kill steals. Basically just capitalizing on the most broken play style in BGs right now. I saw one person put out a templar bow build once, that was impressive. Legit 1vX with a bow, no stealth. I've also faced a couple of rare legit open world bow builds who were good. High MMR, low MMR, not many can do anything about health desyncs and snipe lag. There would be a lot fewer snipe blades out there if those bugs got fixed, but I don't see ZOS doing anything about it, doubt they know how. Those 1v1s the players weren't even healing lol.
    Edited by Vapirko on January 3, 2019 3:06AM
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So were you also eating chicken while making this video?
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Vapirko Glad you didn't enjoy it.

These videos obviously aren't for you... just don't watch them or comment on them anymore.
    Edited by Zeromaz on January 3, 2019 3:39AM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So just ganking in BGs, non-deathmatch BGs mixed in? It just makes your teammates a bigger target IMO. Only worth it, if most opponents are squishies or if your teammates are useless anyways.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »

These videos obviously aren't for you... just don't watch them or comment on them anymore.

Don’t advertise as high level gameplay, high MMR bow builds then. You post the builds and say you’re a well known, competitive BGs bow build then you open yourself up to critique. You said I was wrong in my initial assumption so I said cool, show me some gameplay, prove me wrong.
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Don’t advertise as high level gameplay, high MMR bow builds then. You post the builds and say you’re a well known, competitive BGs bow build then you open yourself up to critique. You said I was wrong in my initial assumption so I said cool, show me some gameplay, prove me wrong.

Thats all fair but obviously it doesn't appeal to you.... so you're not the intended crowd. I don't care to prove anything ... i just shared what some people have asked me for.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

He's a well known PC NA battleground player. One of the only few gankblades that actually makes it work at a high mmr. Most of them are completely useless.

I didn't see him advertise anything neither. "How to bow/bow NB In BGs by Ovenface", i guess when you're full of insecurities those words take on a whole new meaning? I don't know, just trying to understand where all this salt is coming from.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

He's a well known PC NA battleground player. One of the only few gankblades that actually makes it work at a high mmr. Most of them are completely useless.

I didn't see him advertise anything neither. "How to bow/bow NB In BGs by Ovenface", i guess when you're full of insecurities those words take on a whole new meaning? I don't know, just trying to understand where all this salt is coming from.

In his original post I advised another player it was just mostly snipe spam and stealth and any combo of decent bow damage sets. This guy said I knew nothing, so I said let’s see some gameplay, I’m open to anything new. He did not. Again high MMR does not necessarily mean you’re pitted against skilled players. That’s a heavily edited video of select kills, some of those players in slightly more extended clips aren’t even self healing. I just see the same old basic stealth and snipe spam, which is well know to cause lag and desyncs. So no salt. I was told I was wrong in my initial assessment by OP, so I said prove it. He did not. I guess congrats to OP for possibly perfecting (?) a bow gank style.
    Edited by Vapirko on January 3, 2019 7:33AM
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭

In his original post I advised another player it was just mostly snipe spam and stealth and any combo of decent bow damage sets. This guy said I knew nothing, so I said let’s see some gameplay, I’m open to anything new. He did not. Again high MMR does not necessarily mean you’re pitted against skilled players. That’s a heavily edited video of select kills, some of those players in slightly more extended clips aren’t even self healing. I just see the same old basic stealth and snipe spam, which is well know to cause lag and desyncs. So no salt. I was told I was wrong in my initial assessment by OP, so I said prove it. He did not. I guess congrats to OP for possibly perfecting (?) a bow gank style.

“You know nothing Jon Snow” is from Game of Thrones... and is a major meme.

I can tell you’re the type of person who needs to feel they’re always right, important, and intelligent. So this is the last second i’ll spend on you. Have a great 2019... never a better time to work on self improvement than the New Year.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

“You know nothing Jon Snow” is from Game of Thrones... and is a major meme.

I can tell you’re the type of person who needs to feel they’re always right, important, and intelligent. So this is the last second i’ll spend on you. Have a great 2019... never a better time to work on self improvement than the New Year.

Yeah I’m aware of the reference lol. Not sure why you’re getting so defensive. Anyway good luck with bow ganking, although I’m not sure anything says I need to feel important more than posting one high kill recap as a bow gank build lol.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice gameplay!

Atleast someone pulling off something apart from apply and forget.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Can you provide footage of what you believe is high level gameplay at a high mmr, by a bow/bow nightblade? Just curious.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you provide footage of what you believe is high level gameplay at a high mmr, by a bow/bow nightblade? Just curious.

I don’t know any, that’s why I was curious to see some gameplay. Like I mentioned previously I’ve seen only a few legit bow builds that weren’t overly reliant on stealth and snipe spam, or didn’t use stealth at all. If I can find the video of that Templar bow build I can PM it to you, but it’s from a few patches ago I think, and I don’t remember much since such builds are not of interest to me, even though I was impressed by it.
  • jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snipe spamming is not effective in upper MMR gameplay.

Game needs less ball zergs of heavy defensive, high heal, massive ae damage, snare/cc spamming groups (all of which wreck medium play-style brawlers).

Nerf snipe, but make bows in PvP better. Make archery viable and respectable as a fighting style on par with staff.
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    20-2 as you see from the last BG in the video i feel is pretty effective. I earned the team 300 out of 500 points and that is excluding my assists (which i think was 17) while only giving up 30 points. I believe thats a +\- of 355 points
    Edited by Zeromaz on January 3, 2019 5:22PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must say, that’s a mighty fine masculine voice you got there.
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    I must say, that’s a mighty fine masculine voice you got there.

Oh, this ol’ voice..? Staaahp it! You make uh me blush
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Conduit0 wrote: »

My bow / chicken video was based in large part on ovenface here

Ovenface has one of the highest MMRs on PC NA. Any high MMR player will tell you that.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe spamming is not effective in upper MMR gameplay.

Game needs less ball zergs of heavy defensive, high heal, massive ae damage, snare/cc spamming groups (all of which wreck medium play-style brawlers).

Nerf snipe, but make bows in PvP better. Make archery viable and respectable as a fighting style on par with staff.

Snipe spam is effective in high MMR BG matches... until a premade shows up. It is ineffective IMO against a premade.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Conduit0 wrote: »

My bow / chicken video was based in large part on ovenface

Its comfortingly thoughtful of you @Thogard ... feels warm and fuzzy knowing you’re thinking of me so often