Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are you intresred in using Grave-Stake Collector next patch?

• Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Failed to load the poll.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    5: Enemies you’ve damaged have a 10% chance to drop a grave-stake for 6 seconds after they’ve died. Touching the grave-stake restores 6500 Stamina and Magicka. Only one grave-stake can appear at a time.

Not. A. Chance.

Too complicated.

Too annoying.

Too many current targeting problems.

Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your polls are always broken xD
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This set, is not bad when it works, it's actually pretty freaking good.

The problem is that the places where this set would shine (trials, hard 4 mans) there is absolutely no way to guarantee a gravestone at all, you can go an entire mini trial like VAS or VCR and see like...maybe 1 or 2.

This set needs to function as such.
    Doing damage to an enemy has a 10% chance to put a mark on the enemy for 20 seconds. A marked enemy that is killed will drop a grave-stake for 6 seconds after they’ve died. Touching the grave-stake restores 6500 Stamina and Magicka. 20 second cooldown.
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    I already do without templar shards 95% of the time, I don't need gear to fill the void.

When they come out with a LA set that spawns a tough mini dragon with a taunt, though, I'm all over that.
    Edited by RedRook on October 19, 2018 11:02PM
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually played around with the set to see how much it would proc and how useful it would be.

The stake procs right on the corpse which is a positive but the proc chance is way too low to rely on it in any way.

If you were to make it a guaranteed proc but with a long'ish cooldown or even guaranteed with short cooldown but less resources back then it could be accounted for and would be more likely to see use.

Or higher proc chance and available for the group to pick up to make as an option for utility and support.
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • Tatertodd
    Tatertodd
    ✭✭
    Ah there is a thread about this set. I was hoping it would help out a warden on Nightblade healer since both classes don't have a shard power...sadly the set was very under performing :'( .
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tatertodd wrote: »
    Ah there is a thread about this set. I was hoping it would help out a warden on Nightblade healer since both classes don't have a shard power...sadly the set was very under performing :'( .

How do you wish it worked?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    5: Enemies you’ve damaged have a 10% chance to drop a grave-stake for 6 seconds after they’ve died. Touching the grave-stake restores 6500 Stamina and Magicka. Only one grave-stake can appear at a time.

Not. A. Chance.

Too complicated.

Too annoying.

Too many current targeting problems.

Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Tatertodd
    Tatertodd
    ✭✭
    Tatertodd wrote: »

How do you wish it worked?

Well for starters I wished it actually procc'd the suggested amount.

(5 items) Enemies you’ve damaged have a 10% chance to drop a grave-stake for 6 seconds after they’ve died. Touching the grave-stake restores 6500 Stamina and Magicka. Only one grave-stake can appear at a time.

More like a 1-2% chance to drop instead of 10. The low chance reminds me of the Trinimac's Valor set.

(5 items) When you cast a damage shield on an ally, you have a 20% chance to call down a fragment of Trinimac that heals you and your allies for 3667 Health and damages enemies for 3667 Magic Damage in a 5 meter radius. This effect can only occur once every 5 seconds. (Prayer Shawl is just as awful)

The chance for this set to proc felt more like 1-5% chance to proc instead of 20. Which is an interesting contrast to other sets like...

Rkugamz and Nightflame which only have 10-5% chance to proc but in all actuality drops way more often than it suggests.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could see Grave Stake collector being good in fights where there are constant adds spawning. This would be a good set for a Sorc Healer that is back barring a lightning destro to drop WOE.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    It's quite terrible. I tested it by slaying so.e overland mobs and it hardly does anything... if it dropped on every dying mob with a lower value and restored resources to all allies, then yes, it could be used. This way it is an example for complex design with low practicability
    Edited by Masel on November 9, 2018 11:25AM
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Killed group of 4 mobs - zero totems -> Killed another group of 5 mobs - zero totems -> undressed set.

LOL
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was toying with the idea of running that set on a sorc healer, but the way the bonus works doesn't make a lot of sense.

The proc chance is too low.

The other stats (1x HP, 1x mag, 1x stam) just don't make sense if you're a sorc and you're considering ditching your Necro/Olo combo.

Only restores to one person.

Doesn't make sense in fights with few adds to kill.

The set would be a lot more interesting if it had proper magica specs, with a bonus that works something like 'enemies you damage have a 50% chance of dropping a gravestake when they die, the person who picks it up gets 6k ressources back and 3 allies get 50% of that. 10 seconds cooldown.
    Edited by gabriebe on November 27, 2018 10:48PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a set of this and stuck it on a lowbie magplar to level with. Ran several random dungeons and so runs it procced quite a lot and others not so much. When it did proc nobody knew what the stake thing was and avoided it. If it would restore resources to your group I could maybe see some uses for it but it doesn't so it's better to be not used.