Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Raging Over Over-Powered Bosses

Almakor
Almakor
✭✭✭
After wiping on the last boss off the last arena in Maelstrom arena for the who knows how manyith time, I can't continue ESO without raging a bit. I've been with ESO since the beta, and a lot of the dungeons and the bosses are perfectly balanced for both new and veteran players. However, there are a FEW bosses that are plain over-powered. Given how good the vMA weapons are, I can understand that they need to make it EXTREMELY difficult. But I've been building a character solely to run vMA for months, fencing stolen loot like crazy to get all gold gear, farming transmute stones where ever I could, looking all over the internet for the perfect build, and I keep getting KOd by the daedroths' fire breath on the last boss. NOTHING the boss does bothers me, it's the daedroth that bothers me because they deal too much damage and have too much health for a mob. At the very least I think they should give you a least 15 seconds to kill them before they breath fire. At the very, very least they should give some kind of loot that's worth 100k at the end to cover all the gear repair, potion, and soul gem expenses. As for other over powered bosses, there is Fang Lair. The lich boss is extremely annoying because with all the AOEs he makes the tank almost irrelevant. My group died like more than thirty trying to get past him, and when we did get kill him there was only one member left standing. The dragon boss was BEYOND annoying because the poison beetle he spits is just one-hits you and it's EXTREMELY difficult to dodge when he spits. Also, the Skull Behemoths in that dungeons are over-powered, plain and simple. Even our tank kept getting one-hit. Next is the Moon Hunter Keep, Vykosa is so rage inducing it makes you want to break the computer. After about two hours my group hour finally got her health low enough that we felt hope. Then the ghost of the previous boss showed up and wiped us with his signature mechanic. The worst part was that some guys who had beaten it on vet before said this was new; they added it just to annoy the players. For the record, this is my vMA build:

https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-sorcerer-maelstrom-pve/
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The build is a decent build. I really don't know what to think about the bosses and/or Adds being overpowered in the dungeons you specified. I don't find that the case but I know others do.

I'm sure others will post very good suggestions on builds, rotations, etc. so I won't do that.

My only suggestions are to find some good vids on Y.T. covering the specific dungeons you posted and watch them and put together a good team of friends/Guildies who all want to beat the dungeons you specified in Vet. Good luck!

• Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    Are you kidding? Daedroth fire breath 20k damage in 3 seconds that should be enough for me to sue.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first time took me ~800 soul gems. It gets easier, and after the 3rd or 4th time you'll seriously wonder what was so hard before. Study a few different strategy videos and try mixing up your technique. You'll find something that works for you.
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are lots of fights in the game that require very accurate game play. There are also lots of fights that do not. Some people are glad there are more challenging encounters because it keeps them playing and then there are those that struggle with them find it too difficult and/or demoralizing for all kinds of reasons.

Not everything is truly meant for everyone at all times. There are normal difficulty MA, trials, dungeons, etc. if you are incapable of beating the more difficult content, or it frustrates you greatly, then stick with the normal versions.

That being said, you're probably a decent player if you made it to the last stage of vMA. It'll take some learning and then the Daedroth will be nothing. You won't even get hit by it soon enough and wonder why you struggled so much early on.

Keep on... you'll get it.
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also for tanks getting 1 shot... This game is nice and different in the way that tanks actually have to know how to play. They can't just "I'm a tank and can take any hit and survive because... RARRRR TANK!". There are attacks that have to be dodged and things have to be handled accordingly.

The tanks in this game have to not suck unlike every other game I've ever played where tanks are literally mindless meat shields with their thought of skill being "I faced it away!" Which is why nearly every random queue that pops that has anything remotely difficult in it, the 810 tank instantly drops. They know they're too bad to do it. Like Ruins of Mazzatun the other day.. went through 3 tanks dropping before even starting on Normal so we beat it with 3 people - 2 dps and a healer. A tank finally showed up for the last boss that didn't drop but it was a cp 500 tank.

“No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    I have OCD. It's difficult for me to give up on getting the special weapons in vMA even though I think I should.
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    I think what's REALLY messing me up is that when I get on the platform and see the light at the end of the tunnel my heart rate skyrockets. It always messes me up. Does anyone know something like an herbal tea to keep heart rate down?
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almakor wrote: »
    I think what's REALLY messing me up is that when I get on the platform and see the light at the end of the tunnel my heart rate skyrockets. It always messes me up. Does anyone know something like an herbal tea to keep heart rate down?

A good bourbon or scotch may help :)
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    Does it really work?
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run, not sprint, in a tight circle around him. His breath won't hit you
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Platform is not the end of the tunnel. The post-crystal part on the ground is. That one always was killing me until today. So from psychological point of view keep telling yourself that you are still learning dancing and eventually you'll get used to it.
    Also take a break and get back to it in calmer mood. Make sure that you can apply enough dps (I got through with 20k - 3m dummy test). Mint and/or chamomile tea also might help.
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    I feel that the platform is the most difficult part (outside the daedroth) because of the constant building damage you receive + the massive AOE that you need to hide behind the moving wall for + constantly dodge-rolling the big skull he shoots. The ONE time I did beat the platform I quickly got the boss down to %30 before a daedroth burned me in more ways than one; it really too much to ask the developers to debuff them just a LITTLE?
    Edited by Almakor on December 24, 2018 9:30PM
  • SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭
    rather than trying to avoid or survive the damage from the deadroth you need to focus on killing it ASAP. As soon as it dies the damage goes away. Same with the crystals, the sooner you kill all three the sooner the phase is complete which means the building dot doesnt build to as high amount.
    Unfortunately my best advice is as always: More DPS!
    Learn where the deadroth spawns and drop your dots on the spawn point.
    Personally I found up top hard at first so I dropped destro ult on first crystal and then whilst that is ticking focused on second crystal. If timed right you should have ult ready again as you get the third gold ghost downstairs.
    This isnt the pro strat but IMO its the easymode/learning strat.
  • SvariBK
    SvariBK
    ✭✭
    You can either run around the daedroth in a small circle or you try killing it quickly, you could also save your ulti just for the daedroth, because after the boss went upstairs you won't have to fight daedroth again. Before I got gud I used my ult when the daedroth spawned on boss and daedroth at the same time, the the boss goes upstairs and the daedroth dies. You can also out shield it. Use absorb magicka for it. You'll get magicka back when the fire hits your shield.
    Good luck
    BK-22 PC EU Player
    Tank & DD
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you kidding? Daedroth fire breath 20k damage in 3 seconds that should be enough for me to sue.

When it starts just circle around the daedroth. They cannot turn as fast as you can move.

The entire instance is about avoiding and mitigating damaqe and the final round is no different. It has been said it is the most challenging arena at first. Once you get it down it is one of the easiest arenas in Maelstrom.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah the final round is out of control for sure other than round 5 and 7 nothing else comes as close i can get to the final round in under an hour but I always get stuck on the final boss
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I normaly take 0dmg from deadroths in last stage vma.

When it spawns, start dmging it while you're running around it. You run around him faster than he can turn =) hope this helps.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The bosses from the newer DLC dungeons have far more punishing mechanics even on non-HM and on HM if someone dies the wipe is almost guaranteed. They are cleraly on a higher level of difficulty. If the game had only easy content, it wouldn't be fun for the good players. I've done vMA on all my characters at least once and I actually found stages 5 & 7 harder and more rage inducing than 9. If your DPS is low try stacking Daedroth, Voriak and healer together and AoE them. Healer is actually more annoying since once you get up she will spam DoTs on you and make it harder to live trough the AoE.
    Edited by Asardes on December 25, 2018 9:37PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    After wiping on the last boss off the last arena in Maelstrom arena for the who knows how manyith time, I can't continue ESO without raging a bit. I've been with ESO since the beta, and a lot of the dungeons and the bosses are perfectly balanced for both new and veteran players. However, there are a FEW bosses that are plain over-powered. Given how good the vMA weapons are, I can understand that they need to make it EXTREMELY difficult. But I've been building a character solely to run vMA for months, fencing stolen loot like crazy to get all gold gear, farming transmute stones where ever I could, looking all over the internet for the perfect build, and I keep getting KOd by the daedroths' fire breath on the last boss. NOTHING the boss does bothers me, it's the daedroth that bothers me because they deal too much damage and have too much health for a mob. At the very least I think they should give you a least 15 seconds to kill them before they breath fire. At the very, very least they should give some kind of loot that's worth 100k at the end to cover all the gear repair, potion, and soul gem expenses. As for other over powered bosses, there is Fang Lair. The lich boss is extremely annoying because with all the AOEs he makes the tank almost irrelevant. My group died like more than thirty trying to get past him, and when we did get kill him there was only one member left standing. The dragon boss was BEYOND annoying because the poison beetle he spits is just one-hits you and it's EXTREMELY difficult to dodge when he spits. Also, the Skull Behemoths in that dungeons are over-powered, plain and simple. Even our tank kept getting one-hit. Next is the Moon Hunter Keep, Vykosa is so rage inducing it makes you want to break the computer. After about two hours my group hour finally got her health low enough that we felt hope. Then the ghost of the previous boss showed up and wiped us with his signature mechanic. The worst part was that some guys who had beaten it on vet before said this was new; they added it just to annoy the players. For the record, this is my vMA build:

1. Maelstrom
    2pwtf8.jpg

2. Fang Lair (lich boss)
    - dont stack (stand in a square around the boss) and simply step out of the AOEs
    - more dps?

3. Fang Lair (final boss)
    - just dodge roll when the beetle aoe almost built up completely beneath your feet, root the beetles and move away?

4. Fang Lair (skull behemoths)
    - just dodge roll the heavy attack?

5. Moon Hunter Keep
    - lel

conclusion: l2p
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This game generally has a hard time finding the right balance between brain dead easy and instant death difficult.

It would be nice if they could find some middle ground.
  • dogman
    dogman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Almost everything you've said really boils down to git gud, as much as I hate to tell you. Maelstrom is difficult, true, I spent countless hours to get a Bow. The DLC dungeons are quite hard indeed, that's why people love them. I spent months trying to get my first HM clear to get the personality that all my friends had, Vykosa is *** but whatever your friend told you is ***, the last boss from 35% (i recon) spawns the ghost of the previous boss, all you gotta do is do the mechanic properly. That only occurs when hardmode is activated, so your friend has only beaten it in non-vet or non-HM, cause thats been there since day one. Also Caluurion is quite easy, even if you don't have the damage to beat him just kill the correct crystals he activates, that shaves off health from him. And the Bone Collosus is not that hard to deal with, once you get the rythm or just get an addon that pops a huge message before it happens, Code's Combat Alerts comes to mind in that regard. Honestly all you talked about here are not "overpowered" I will agree that MHK has some bad designs with all the one-shots in vet from heavy attacking adds which renders some healers useless, but rest of it I really can't see your problem. Fang Lair is by far my favourite dungeon to run, and it has been nerfed since release, everything really has. Just, and I can't not sound condesending, get better. Watch other people do it, practice your rotation, improve yourself and find decent team mates and you'll be doing group content on HM in no time.
    i'm just tryna have a good time
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took me a couple of attempts but I found the last boss comparable in difficulty than e.g. the frost giant or the spider stage. Pretty doable as long as you have a good internet connection and pay attention. Sometimes its also just bad luck.

Regarding the Deadroths: Just circle around them, you won't get hit by their fire breath.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copy-pasting other people builds without understanding it or the content that builds are designed for. What could possibly go wrong ?....

Sorry but if someone complains about vMA or 4 man dungeons at the end of 2018 it's just l2p issue nothing more.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're not rocking 50k DPS, which most aren't at this stage, last boss vMA is more about patience and strategy than raw DPS.

As has been mentioned, once you interrupt the boss, the Crem guard will spawn. This is the perfect time to drop your ult and finish the boss to 70% and nuke the Crem guard in the process.

If he doesn't die outright, the key here is not to panic, even if your DPS is on the low side. Orbit the guard while dropping AoE and single targeting him. Heavy attack if you have no resources, but keep moving in a circle, in the same direction as you started, and you'll finish him off before you die.

When you go up, again, patience. Focus a crystal, dodge the skull throws, get behind the wall. You can jump down early if you feel the DoT is too much and to buy some time. Know that a Crem Guard will be waiting if you do, so try to have an ult up, and repeat the process.

When you finally get the 3rd crystal down, you're going to be tempted to go for broke. Until you're used to the timing, don't. Dodge the skull throws, interrupt the channels, kill the summoners.

The Bone Collossus is a far bigger pain than the Crem guard and the boss ever will be. Your best bet is to avoid the spawn.

So long as the boss doesn't collect 3 gold ghosts, you literally have all the time in the world to finish the boss off, because the mechanics simply repeat.

Until you're familiar, if you get greedy, you're going to die.

Once you get used to it more, you can choose when you have time and when you don't.

Regarding Fang, it's intended to be rough, but it's manageable. The lich boss is also about patience. Step out of the lich crystals, focus the active totem, repeat.

End boss does require a lot from the tank. Dodge/block the shalk, then snare/CC and run away. If the DPS can't nuke the shalk in time, it will die on its own in about 15 seconds.

Focus one crystal at a time, stop damage on boss so you don't get two crystals up at once.

Bear in mind, the content you are asking about is intended for advanced audiences (when you first enter, anyway), so the
    '2018' comments are not fully relevant if you're in there for the first time.

If you can get to the end bosses of each, you can clear the end bosses of each. You simply have to adjust your strategies.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Stratloc
    Stratloc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Copy-pasting other people builds without understanding it or the content that builds are designed for. What could possibly go wrong ?....

Sorry but if someone complains about vMA or 4 man dungeons at the end of 2018 it's just l2p issue nothing more.

This statement is just so 2017
  • pluckpluck
    pluckpluck
    ✭✭✭
    ..there is Fang Lair. The lich boss is extremely annoying because with all the AOEs he makes the tank almost irrelevant. My group died like more than thirty trying to get past him, and when we did get kill him there was only one member left standing. The dragon boss was BEYOND annoying because the poison beetle he spits is just one-hits you and it's EXTREMELY difficult to dodge when he spits. Also, the Skull Behemoths in that dungeons are over-powered, plain and simple. Even our tank kept getting one-hit. Next is the Moon Hunter Keep, Vykosa is so rage inducing it makes you want to break the computer..

Hello. Tank here. With my group we're running for achievements. So here some tips for your tank, and your party, on these bosses that seem hard to you.

Lich Boss :
    The AoE are only a pain if one or both of DDs are melee. Now your tank may be "useless" on the boss, because it's a mage with AoE attacks mostly, but when a stone around activates, the tank becomes the primary element on the group, since he has to chain the skeletons and taunt them next to the activated tone in order to destroy it thru their corpse explosion. During that phase, ranged DDs kill the skeletons faster once they are on the tank. Skels explosions are bearable for a tank, not for other members of party.

For the next, let's speak about an addon you really want, Code's Combat Alerts. It will tell you when to rolldodge the heavy attack of the Behemots, but also will help you on other bosses, in many other situations. It's a raid notifier for dungeons. Tank can manage them with a damage shield and raising shield. Best it to equip the undaunted shield skill.

Dragon :
    When taunted, the boss only spits on the tank. I suggest the tank to go from a corner to another so the poison AoE is restrainted to a border area. Also, when taunted, the boss only launches schalks on the tank. My method to not suffer too much is to replace the Talons (DK) but Timestop. When I see the AoE on my feet announcing shalks, I tell my mates, I put timestop on me, then i rolldodge. I may get damage but not enought to kill me, the shalks got stopped and one of the DDs, the one not putting ultimate on crystal (in hm), is killing them. If not possible for a DD to come, the tank can "run" around the map. After a while, Schalks will die eventually.

Vykosa :
    What is your issue (what are your issues?) with her? Technically, you want the tank to taunt a dog close to the boss. His only task during this part is to stay next to boss so boss conic attack don't hit the team (still, blocking is enough for the team to manage that attack), while dodging the conic attack of the dog (it puts a bleed). The three others, during that time, kill the second dog that is chained to the wall. If you don't kill the dog fast enought, (the addon tells you) the tank needs to switch the taunted dog, and group has to rolldodge to escape the jump of the dog. Then it's time to hit boss. from 100% to 90%. 90-80%, boss becomes a melee, that your tank taunts, while werewolves come from the walls. We have 2 players (tank and a DD) with timestop to manage the werewolves coming. When WWs are dead, you again go for the boss. At 80%, boss ports to his initial place and doggies come again.

When boss is melee, he becomes a pain for the tank. Because he launches from time to time a fear AoE. If tank is next to the boss, the only way to manage that is rolldodging. Since this phase is really stamina consuming, I suggest the tank to use undaunted taunt and ignious shield to conserve most of his stamina for blocking and rolldodging. After a rolldodging to escape that fears, the tank can put one to two HA to get some stam back. The boss will do a heavy attack too, this one has to be rolldodged, but can by tanked. I suggest again to equip the undaunted shield but be careful that he do not bareswap during that or he'll die.

In hm, at 50% come the wardens. Boss, Dogs and even WWs can turn rageous. Your DDs have to focus on wardens, and if the boss or adds are red, to bring them in AoE left by dead wardens. At 30% comes the "puzzle" phase, like the previous boss. During that phase, boss turns invincible but does nothing, but till the light comes on the ground, the WWs continue to attack. Slow them, timestop them, and get to the safe circles. Rince and repeat.

Edited by pluckpluck on January 2, 2019 3:47PM
    "The net is a waste of time and that's exactly what's right about it. "
    -- W. Gibson
  • BadShogun
    BadShogun
    ✭✭✭
    I too struggled with the daedroth on the last boss of VMA until I changed up my strategy a bit:

first, run the one bar pet sorc build from Mistress Apocrypha. Alcast also promotes that build.

Next, when facing Voriak do the following:

Get right up in his face, drop wall of elements, heavy attack.

Block the skull attack.

When he teleports, run to him, interrupt, then drop wall of elements, and raging storm ( destro staff ultimate, can't remember the right name )

The ultimate + wall of elements will make the daedroth trivial.

Do this a few times and you will start to get to phase two consistently.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I keep getting KOd by the daedroths' fire breath on the last boss. NOTHING the boss does bothers me, it's the daedroth that bothers me because they deal too much damage and have too much health for a mob.

Practice circle-strafing them. If you stand kind of on their shoulder and pivot around them, the flame never hits you. It's tricky and takes practice, but a few runs just focused on getting that movement dialed down will solve your problem.

...then it's just a matter of doing it perfectly between 3 and 10 times without messing up, plus learning the crystal mechanics and not letting the boss get crystals. I recommend drilling the mechanics for phase 1 and crystals so you don't have to take any powerups until phase 2--then you can grab all 4 sigils during the cluster-y phase 2.

It took me like 3 hours to clear the boss the first time. The next time I got to him, I killed him on the 3rd try. It's a relatively easy, but very mechanical challenge. IMO, the boss on round 6 is more challenging. And the RNG on the round 7 boss can be more frustrating.

That's more or less the thing about ALL these fights. They're challenging while you learn them, then they become doable, then they become easy--and that's the curve of satisfaction, if you have the will and time to power through it!

It's a good thing! If you could just muscle through each new PvE encounter then...why bother having new encounters?

Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • BadShogun
    BadShogun
    ✭✭✭
    The real test of vMA fortitude begins after you get your first clear. Are you willing to run it enough times to get the weapon(s) you want?

I'm starting to get frustrated, all I want is a bow, and it's the only thing that hasn't dropped. 20ish clears now. ( yes I know that lots of people have had to run it MANY more times to get the weapon they wanted )
  • Marvinthebeast
    Like others said, kite him in tight circles and burn him down. Yes it's difficult, daedroths are annoying to hell and back, especially if you fall back down and one *** is just waiting for you...but hey, it is most difficul solo content in the game and it should be that way. Wear your stormproof title proudly when you finally beat the ***.