The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there any patch you found cydrolli performance to become worst or better?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Has performance in cydrolli been same always for you or has anything changed between patches? Good or bad?
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    ...bad! I hope a better year in 2019 to ESO.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskras wrote: »

How has performance changed throughout the year? Any shifts between good and bad?
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually worst after the patches

Cant make it an absolute rule but the performance degradation over time is real
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

How has performance changed throughout the year? Any shifts between good and bad?

To me, in US prime time, game just dont work anymore.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Every patch it gets worse. Whatever, if any, performance improvements they are making are not keeping pace with the things making performance worse.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We had the infinite load screen patch. We had the stutter lag/randomly freeze and crash patch. We had the stuck in combat patch (and still have the pleasure of this one). They take one step forward and two steps back. I've never played another game where performance has gotten consistently worse over time.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The moment they added the lighting change back in 2014-15? And after that it has become worse and worse untill todays unplayable state...
    Edited by Kikke on December 29, 2018 5:14PM
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikke wrote: »
    The moment they added the lighting change back in 2014-15? And after that it has become worse and worse untill todays unplayable state...

Agreed. Shortly after the game went basically free to play and alot of players jumped ship never to return.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It gets worse every major update / dlc / chapter whatever, But its got a lot worse since Murkmire.
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    It also gets worse with every new proc set they add as a "feature". They could easily use Battle Spirit to disable all proc sets in Cyrodiil to reduce an enormous load on the servers as well as on the outdated and inappropriate game engine. That alone should help server performance tremendously.

Unfortunately, the only way to truly improve performance for the long term is to hire experienced programmers who document everything they do to rewrite, streamline and optimize the game code and build it on top of a modern game engine that is actually capable of handling large scale combat. ZOS does have the resources to do it, they just won't. I believe it's as we all suspect, they don't care about the long term prospects for the game, they just want to rake in as much money as they can in the short term and walk away rich when it all comes tumbling down.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me personally wolfhunter and summerset both have had noticeable negative impact on pvp performance compared to the beginning of the year.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    For me personally wolfhunter and summerset both have had noticeable negative impact on pvp performance compared to the beginning of the year.

For me I'm finding Murkmire to be one of the worst states of lag I've seen in the game in awhile now. But you're right, it degraded significantly in Wolfhunter too. Towards the end of it I was noticing just massive input lag consistently. Then Murkmire hit and it's even worse. /:
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably the worst was a patch in 2014 where healing springs caused frame rate to hit single digits and make the game unplayable.

There were other issues that cropped up the first year. Server crashes with roll backs were more common. The an issue with offline players in your group causes issues. That’s when auto-invite gained an option to kick offline members.

The first year was the worst and where we saw a huge exodus from Cyrodiil that’s has never recovered. Most really good guilds that didn’t leave early in that year left after 1.6. Some of those came back to give it another try less than a year after 1.6 but didn’t stay long.

Yes, we still have some good PvP players but it pales compared to early in the game.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

For me I'm finding Murkmire to be one of the worst states of lag I've seen in the game in awhile now. But you're right, it degraded significantly in Wolfhunter too. Towards the end of it I was noticing just massive input lag consistently. Then Murkmire hit and it's even worse. /:

i have to admit - i haven´t even tried to pvp in the evening since murkmire hit so i can´t comment :(
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on January 23, 2019 5:20PM
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The performances got much worse when a certain guild started running with 3 raids on top of each other.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Server performance fluctuates patch to patch, but the best experience I can recall recently was 3.0 (Morrowind). It was the update following the performance tests ZOS did during 2.7.

In particular, I can remember huge Midyear Mayhem fights that were laggy, but not close to as laggy as smaller fights are today.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My performance was best before 25th June 2014. Since then it only became worse with every patch.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started PVP several months ago. Performance issues seem to be the same for me. Some days are worse than others. I have been in large battles and everything is fine. I have been in medium size battles and performance is horrible. For what ever reason performance is always bad when fighting organized group zergs even if that battle is small in numbers.
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I forget what patch it was, ZoS did something and we lost sound.

Bad yes, but skill lag went poof, fast paced combat was all there. I wish I took a video of an Ash seige but it looked like 2014/15 that cool awesome chaos talking at least 2 full raids for AD/DC plus pugs on both sides . Aside from no sound (would come back if you back away from combat) performance and responsiveness felt amazing. It felt very good to have that old feeling back.

They should revisit whatever they were testing then.

Murkmire patch has been atrocious. Not just for increased performance issues but for the reintroduction of stuff like "stuck in combat" on steriods. Whoever thought of changing the ability to soft swap while in combat while never addressing stuck in combat made a doozy of a misjudgement to put it kindly.

The real frustration comes from using the crown store as a work around to get out of combat.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After Homestead and Morrowind, PvP performance tanked for me. It was never good again...

Oh wait, it was good that time the audio was bugging out after a "fix" that was later reverted.

Somehow battles are smaller than before, yet the performance of the client and server are both terrible.