Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Creative Director’s Letter: That’s a Wrap on 2018!"

• Brandanus
    Brandanus
    ✭✭
    thanks to devs, writers(!) (and producers, too...) for the great game, moving quests, the endless content and the fun events!
    only one request from my side - if you plan for another "collectors edition", please bring back the quality of Imperial and Morrowind and consider public holidays when doing release maintenance.
    merry christmas, also to the bestest community!
    Edited by Brandanus on December 20, 2018 9:28AM
  • Kitty_Quietly
    Kitty_Quietly
    ✭✭✭
    Another great year! Thanks for all the hard work that goes into keeping this game going.
    Tandor wrote: »
    It was certainly more of a "Wrap on 2018" than a "Look ahead to 2019" letter, and as such was pretty pointless I thought.

Perhaps, or maybe there is so much to look forward to in 2019 that a separate letter is needed. At five years in, they may have something really big that’s been in development for quite some time.

I agree that I was hoping to see a “look ahead” thing too. The suspense is wild! Wish there was at least a small tease. Could have picked any race and just said they are going to be awesome in the new year. Oh well, only a couple weeks until a new year.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure we will have a new chapter released in 2019 along with a few more dlc. Looking forward to it with expectation.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the hard work. I look forward to what 2019 brings to the table in this wonderful universe.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love to see Vamps get a makeover like WW did this year... Just saying....
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    These end of year missives always make my mouth curve upward and my eyes leak 😂
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for another great year!
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will Matt Firor still post his annual letter? :blush:
  • Synthwavius
    Synthwavius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bruh that news is like no news. I was hoping to see something about racial passives at least.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruh that news is like no news. I was hoping to see something about racial passives at least.

That is coming from the Lead Gameplay Designer, probably next year, at this point.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No news is good news????...lol... :)
    Actually, call me nostalgic.....But,
    I really miss the days when they actually TOLD us what they are planning, discuss new content, etc. They would do videos, ESO-Live would have Matt, Rich, (Paul in the day), there would be interviews by streamers and YouTube game sites.
    @ZOS_MattFiror , will we ever see such "Road Ahead" like we used to see??? Videos, informative articles, special ESO-Live episodes, etc?

For those who are new, here are a couple of examples of what the "Road Ahead " used to entail in spoilers...
    Just my 2 drakes, and my opinion, but I find less and less reason to get excited about expecting new news.... :(
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really miss the days when they actually TOLD us what they are planning, discuss new content, etc. They would do videos, ESO-Live would have Matt, Rich, (Paul in the day), there would be interviews by streamers and YouTube game sites.
    @ZOS_MattFiror , will we ever see such "Road Ahead" like we used to see??? Videos, informative articles, special ESO-Live episodes, etc?

For those who are new, here are a couple of examples of what the "Road Ahead " used to entail in spoilers...
    Just my 2 drakes, and my opinion, but I find less and less reason to get excited about expecting new news.... :(

I miss this, too. :neutral:
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All of that was also before we had a set release schedule. Now, we know there is a major update every quarter with a chapter in Q2.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last year we had outlines about dlc for Q1
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Dragon Bones feels older, that was really this year? Excited to see what's being planned for next year.

Still dreaming one day I'll have that necromancer class. :sweat_smile:

@Turelus Necromancer class? NO, HELL NO!

No more Classes, but Skill Lines.
    No more Races, but Skins.

That is, Necromancer skill line please!
    Edited by joaaocaampos on December 26, 2018 8:43AM
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your favorite race will get nerfed....

But that's ok, because your favorite streamer will tell you what to play and you will either a)purchase a race change token to mirror what <insert favorite streamer> tells you is most OP b)grind a new toon to be the best mid-max race
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    So, does this mean we will finally get dragons?!

You got your Dragon....it's Skeleton anyway.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • sunwalkyr
    sunwalkyr
    Soul Shriven
    Turelus wrote: »
    Dragon Bones feels older, that was really this year? Excited to see what's being planned for next year.

Still dreaming one day I'll have that necromancer class. :sweat_smile:

@Turelus Necromancer class? NO, HELL NO!

No more Classes, but Skill Lines.
    No more Races, but Skins.

That is, Necromancer skill line please!

I'd be happy with either, but I'd prefer class. And regardless, it has to be treated as universally anathema as lore has it (insert justice system on use in cities). I would like to see a Briarheart skill tree, that could be interesting.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still performance is an alltime low
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was certainly more of a "Wrap on 2018" than a "Look ahead to 2019" letter, and as such was pretty pointless I thought.

This right here. What happened to The Road Ahead? I am really hoping to see better business practices regarding the crown store and houses I really want to buy... no behemoths I will not be able to decorate fully but with the max amount of players allowed. Of course improved item counts and player caps are my personal Holy Grail for next year, as well as my darned day/night toggle! And please, Breton DLC. ZONE DLC, not dungeons!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

This right here. What happened to The Road Ahead? I am really hoping to see better business practices regarding the crown store and houses I really want to buy... no behemoths I will not be able to decorate fully but with the max amount of players allowed. Of course improved item counts and player caps are my personal Holy Grail for next year, as well as my darned day/night toggle! And please, Breton DLC. ZONE DLC, not dungeons!

Guess no Road Ahead before the end of the year. The last one was in December 2017, so I guess we don't get one in 2018. My guess is that Firor is not paying as much attention to ESO while Game 2 production is getting started. Maybe he can scrape together a few minutes in January to do one.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such a tease Rich. :smile:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, @ZOS_RichLambert ... it is officially "early next year". Time to cough up details! :smiley:
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, @ZOS_RichLambert ... it is officially "early next year". Time to cough up details! :smiley:

Here's hoping we get SOMETHING today. AT LEAST January's Showcase.

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All there …

Just a press of a button away - or maybe automatically scheduled already.

Slowly they sip the coffee, go through the uneaten bits of the advent calendars, all wishing they were still safely far away in blanket town.

"Soon" a voice whispers. "Sooooon".

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to share this gem with everyone:
    I'm glad he's taking the time to eyeroll at people on Twitter and remain silent here on real issues. Looking forward to another year of silence on performance issues while the Crown Store gets full focus.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    Just wanted to share this gem with everyone:
    I'm glad he's taking the time to eyeroll at people on Twitter and remain silent here on real issues. Looking forward to another year of silence on performance issues while the Crown Store gets full focus.

That is just sad

Let s seat here and avoid the real issue while congratulating ourselves