The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2019 Crafting Wish

EpicRekkoning
EpicRekkoning
✭✭✭
I know there are many threads talking about crafting and crafting changes, but I have a couple of things on my wish list for 2019. This is mostly related to PVE because I'm not much of a PVPer and not as familiar with how crafted sets impact PVP.

1) Rework craftable sets so there are more 9 trait end game options for PVE. They don't have to be BIS, but close enough to use in trials and arenas. The amount of time spent learning all 9 traits should come with some sort of benefit.
2) This could be 1a, but fix the crafting sets so that lower trait sets don't out perform higher number trait sets. It blows my mind that two viable PVE crafting sets, Julianos and Hundings, out perform every 9 trait set.
3) Give crafters some love. Crafting is such a cool idea for games like this and there's so much that can be done with it. Allow characters to specialize in a crafting subcategory? Add new specialized crafting materials for end game craftable items (opens up a market)? The options are endless.

Anyone else have any wishes? Please keep it positive and non-toxic in here.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These ideas aren't bad on paper ... crafters do need a bit more love than they currently get in-game.

We've been asking ZOS to buff the underperforming crafted sets for years now.

Don't forget: Learning all 9 traits does have some benefits in terms of improving the modifier for master writ drops.
  • EpicRekkoning
    EpicRekkoning
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget: Learning all 9 traits does have some benefits in terms of improving the modifier for master writ drops.

You're right, but 9 traits just for writs seem a bit blah. Who knows, maybe we'll get that change in the next year or two...
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I was still a new crafter I was aspiring for Twice born star.. when I got to it, it wasnt used anymore sadly.. Its still not bad I suppose but not for my type of gameplay..
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crafting has been nerfed in this game. The rewards for all that time learning 9 traits on every piece is just not worth it. You're better off putting that time into trials for better gear.
    It disappointing to see crafting be so underwhelming.
    I'm with you 100% OP. It's long past time to revitalise the crafted sets. And ZOS, please stop mixing stamina and magicka in crafted sets.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Crafting has been nerfed in this game. The rewards for all that time learning 9 traits on every piece is just not worth it. You're better off putting that time into trials for better gear.
    I'm with you 100% OP. It's long past time to revitalise the crafted sets. And ZOS, please stop mixing stamina and magicka in crafted sets.

well mixing would be allright, when the damage etc would scale on on the maximum of ONE of those ressources..
    PC-EU @lientier
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2) This could be 1a, but fix the crafting sets so that lower trait sets don't out perform higher number trait sets. It blows my mind that two viable PVE crafting sets, Julianos and Hundings, out perform every 9 trait set.

*cough* torugs *cough*
  • EpicRekkoning
    EpicRekkoning
    ✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »

I understand that ZOS wants to give new players a chance to compete once the hit max level. I think that's why hundings and julianos is 6 trait. The unfortunate thing is the 9 trait stuff is terrible. In general, I think 9 trait gear should be better than almost all undaunted gear/rewards of the worthy and the same as a few sets, and strong enough to get you into trials. Not to mention the additional economy it would create!

I think their also missing opportunities with crafting. They could create specializations that allowed each character to pick one. Items crafted would be just below the top tier sets found in arenas and trials. They easily have 10 specialized crafting categories.

1) Heavy armor
    2) Light armor
    3) Medium armor
    4) 1h melee weapons
    5) 2h melee weapons
    6) staves
    7) Bow/Shield
    8) poison
    9) potions
    10) jewel crafting

Ill get off of my soapbox. Crafting is always been one of my favorite things and I wish ZOS did more with it.