Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tasear's third year Birthday Story

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
12/22/2018

(I know I am a bit late... but was sick all yesterday)

I remember it well, I had been sitting on 60 dollars( 40 amazon, and 20 steam) worth of gift cards thinking what do with it. I eventually came across this game again and remember my days in skyrim and the beta. I saw the reviews and had my doubts, but a chance at million dollars sounded fun, so I decided. Though, had gift care on amazon and steam which came down to do I want horse and imperial class. I eventually decided amazon, though I wipe cold sweats on my face every time I see our steam friends having trouble... that could of been me too.

it took almost a day to download... but I remember how exciting it was after I clicked play. It's like my heart knew that the future would be grand. I must say in my rush and sleep deprecation I made some poor aesthetics choices on my first character. I picked red hair to remind me of my favorite character from Kyo Kara Maou. Next is the most mysterious thing... to this day... I swear I picked bosmer nightblade as my first character, but as many people know ... I picked Bosmer Sorc somehow.

I wanted to redo... but I was afraid... I was lose my beta rewards if I didn't bank them. I know in hindsight ... this sure was silly, but during my time with my Sorc I got to fall in love with it. Having my little minions run around was so much fun that I didn't leave cold harbor till level 6. (missing the real starter zone :persevere: ). Even back then my hoarder tendencies blossomed... I looted everything including my first pair of amour off that ship! That nice shiny heavy amour would most defiantly serve me well ... when I started my healing career in next few levels.

First thing though, I went exploring...going east I found murcrabs to kill and many things along the coast till I found a glorious mansion to continue hoarding many things. I ask myself how I manged my bag, but the outlaws den was close enough that I became friends with npc merchants inside. I even cooked my lvl 6 pork meal inside there often. I eventually reach lvl 10 and decide we start a guild!

This is one thing I am still laughing with amazement at because 3 years later I actually still have that guild. I had to learn a lot of about being a better leader and person in process, but I now I provide a comfortable home for dungeoneers and weirdos who like to socialize with me. Though, it did take a lot, at one point it was also a trade guild, and a trial guild. In fact, raised some of best players in game under our misshaped trial adventures. Some left, but the others who I happy stayed to continue to share other adventures or just talk about the day. Sometimes I regretted the responsibility that I took so earlier on, but I am sure the game would not be same without them for me.

By all rights... I should of been a solo player enjoying questing and new dlcs as they come out. Like I am antisocial! (...why doesn't anyone believe me anymore) I love to read books and immerse myself in stories. Lets not forget my love for exploring! Though that's want I am grateful about... eso made me realize some truths about myself. Though don't get me wrong, I am still antisocial! It's just that I like living my own stories while watching and hearing about peoples own stories not in words, but right beside them. I don't really like exploring, but my thirst for adventure had me clicking random queue so often that I swear I lived in dungeons.

Now I had my lessons to learn though, like how in the world then I become a Sorc healer from back then :lol: . Just imagine what the world would be like if I had clicked nightblade or started on Templar... To this day nightblade is my worst characters, but I like to think I would of found myself as one of the gankers of cydrolli or a champion for nightblade healers. On the other hand, where were all these nahsayers when I was starting off, I might of listened earlier on and became one of those many proud main Templar healers at End game. Still faith is what it was and I became ESO most notorious Sorc healer.

I had to learn from ground up and sometimes go backwards in my mistakes. There weren't actually any builds either for what I wanted to at the time either. I had found called dark exchange healer that influenced some of builds I would later do. Indeed, I remember the day, I state down and wrote by pug proof healer build. It took me a weak to get used to using the overload bar, but before that I had doubts if this was going to work. Though years later, it had 30,000 views before it was decommissioned.

Somewhere in between that experience, I got myself into healing veteran trials. I was just bad... no like real bad... you should of kicked me, but thank you that you didn't. Thanks to protection of guild leader Alivn, I learned mechs and how to gear myself properly for trials. I learned how healers work together to support allies with buffs and healing. I learned different tactics that I haven't seen repeated by others. I was so bad... but as I sit in vSO HM pug run other night as last 3 alive after mankoria went boom or boss turned on with cleave. I am like ... I grew up to be one of the great ones so thanks for teaching me.

Ah, but I skipped a important part of my story. I don't think I every really talk about that time I almost quit being a Sorc healer. No really, I was ready to give and follow the rest on a prescribed destiny. I had fully leveled champion Templar healer as my second healer. The thing was it wasn't as fun. I felt repressed and just ready to give up game itself. Yeah might of been different if I started as Templar healer, but I didn't. So this one day, one of the most amazing people I meet in my life mk introduced me to my bestest friend southrain. Well apparently he says we meet before when he was healing on his dk, but I don't remember that. I just remember getting stuck in the tree and trying to tank boss in a tree and how amazing the healer was at the time. Back on point, I sent a message to Southrain at the time. I told my story and I think I got some life advice more then just game advice when he said "Don't heal like a templar healer, but heal like a Sorc healer" . It was like someone saying be you no others. It was that moment I think eso healing changed forever.

Especially when I got to forums.... oh so many fights I got into with others. Such a rebellious healer I had become. Still no matter the class, I created 792 threads, and made 8, 400 comments in past 2 and half years... with most of it being about healing. Though sadly not often for Sorc healers, but more so for the other classes. I later did some other things... but you will have to read about that part of my story later on my blog. (https://healersgrove.blogspot.com/)

In between those days, I became a less of rebel ..cough after morrowind game us orbs and raised 5 more healers ... . My Warden felt like a different species between other two.... but here is my secret. It's my best healer :open_mouth: or so whatever one says when I use it. The ongoing joke is why do I use sorc when I am so good with my Warden. I also made peace with my past and fell in love with Templar style of healing and got sprouted as I got achievements on them both for awhile, till someone reminded me I hadn't updated Sorc build in a long time. Then I balanced some time between dk healer and Sorc healer. Got to say dk healing is the most interesting... but maybe because I like throwing rocks at people. My nightblade had some time here and there, but would love to one day give it the time it deserves.

So now I moved on from the next part of my story as I care for medical plants, and expand my healing knowledge even further. I am not sure where this well take me, but I want to thank Zos and all that made this game possible. I have spent ungodly about of time in game, but with no regrets as I grew from that shy, confused girl to that confident, charismatic woman that haunts the forums with her list of threads to create.

~ Thanks for creating a great game with many adventures for people
Edited by Tasear on December 23, 2018 10:41AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So nice to hear your story and all the background. @Tasear thank you for all you have done for Pet Sorcs image and the community in general as part of your recent roles. It's appreciated!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So apparently I have a poor memory and it's 27 not 22! Tasear jumped ahead.... I will come back and edit this and more before then.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    So apparently I have a poor memory and it's 27 not 22! Tasear jumped ahead.... I will come back and edit this and more before then.

LOL

Hope you are feeling better. Happy almost birthday.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happy early birthday.

Thanks for what you do for the community by making us think and defend what we think and not what someone else told us to believe and think.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I decided to keep this as is now. While it is messy and far from my best writing it tells my tale like how I remembered it. The good and the bad. So yeah eso you weren't just a game, but somewhere my soul adventured and grew these past 3 years. I was really lost when I started this game, but it helped me find aspects I enjoy and appreciate about myself.

Thanks! It was a life changing decision when I bought this game!
    Edited by Tasear on December 28, 2018 5:12AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy ESO Birthday.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Happy ESO Birthday.

Thanks you guys are what made this game and continue to make memories that I will share when I my hair turns gray. Thanks all, while some would say it's just a game or we don't even know each others faces, but I wouldn't of had these last three years any different. You guys are an amazing community!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy ESO Birthday.

Thanks you guys are what made this game and continue to make memories that I will share when I my hair turns gray. Thanks all, while some would say it's just a game or we don't even know each others faces, but I wouldn't of had these last three years any different. You guys are an amazing community!

My hair is already great. Been grey for a long time.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy ESO Birthday.

My hair is already great. Been grey for a long time.

Grey is a wonderful color! But yeah my point is I hope many years to come.