Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Confused, I have the complete motif but I still cant craft the style.

kinguardian
kinguardian
✭✭✭✭
I needed to do a master writ.
It asked me to craft a cuirass fron the kagrenac's hope set in morag tong style.

Should be no problem as I know both motiff sets. But when I tried to select the style it said learn style.

I dont understand I know the complete morag tong motiff so why does it say learn the style?
I tried it by different crafting stations. I logged in and out. I got the style material plus I got a lot of mimic stones.
I went all over google but I just cant figure it out. I clearly misunderstand something.

I also looked if the morag tong was the only one it did it with but it was not. There were more whom I have learned the complete motif off and it says I need to learn the style to unlock.

Has annyone any idea what to do?
Edited by kinguardian on December 26, 2018 11:59AM
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I needed to do a master writ.
    It asked me to craft a cuirass fron the kagrenac's hope set in morag tong style.

Should be no problem as I know both motiff sets. But when I tried to select the style it said learn style.

I dont understand I know the complete morag tong motiff so why does it say learn the style?
    I tried it by different crafting stations. I logged in and out. I got the style material plus I got a lot of mimic stones.
    I went all over google but I just cant figure it out. I clearly misunderstand something.

I also looked if the morag tong was the only one it did it with but it was not. There were more whom I have learned the complete motif off and it says I need to learn the style to unlock.

Has annyone any idea what to do?

You were using the character that knows the Morag Tong style for crafting? Not a character that has access to it from the outfitter style system.

Kagrenac's Hope requires you be at a special crafting station for the set, with a required amount of traits learned to unlock access for the piece. Also on the same character that knows the crafting style being used.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Grimm yes I have a special character for crafting. So she knows the motifs and she has all the traits learned.
    And I was also at the correct crafting station.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A more descriptive title might actually get someone's attention that has had a similar experience. Many avoid clickbait titles and that is all this thread has.
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    did you perhaps not have sufficient trait and style items to craft the item? if you aren't using the stones, you might merely be missing the stylestone.

@Alassirana
  • ValkyriesWolf
    ValkyriesWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Just to be sure, you are using the Character who actually learned the motif, yeah? Because with the outfit station it can get confusing with who knows what in my characters, at least for those that do not have completed the Mage Guild quest line, which gives you a library
    Metal forever \m/
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Grimm yes I have a special character for crafting. So she knows the motifs and she has all the traits learned.
    And I was also at the correct crafting station.

Is the station the Original or a attuned one? Can you link a screen shot to help us see the problem?

Do you have a crafting addon? I know that the some change craft material names to be cute on holidays, could it be a malfunction due to this? If running one, try turning it off and make the base game way.

Season of DraggingOn

PC-NA
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with @Grimm13 ... a screenshot of the craft table UI and the active quest would help us get it sorted out, @kinguardian.
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am on this forum with my phone and I also dont know how to take a screenshot LOL (yes yes shame on me :p )
    So I took a photo of the screen.

3icoixz.jpg

zWwKtn6.jpg

4pbo82o.jpg

• kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I changed the title and hope that is now better.
    Edited by kinguardian on December 26, 2018 12:03PM
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I turned the addons off and that didnt help.

I only have 1 crafting character and I double checked If she knows both motiffs and she does.

I see it does it with other styles as well by2way.

• YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm i had the same problem once but the only problem actually was that i thought that with buying/preordering? morrowind it gave me the knowledge to craft it. But naah, it only gives yout the opportunity to make outfits but not real crafts.
    That means you need to buy the motif (its not that expensive anymore) and learn it this way.

If this is not the problem just ignore me and i hope you will solve your issue!
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I turned the addons off and that didnt help.

I only have 1 crafting character and I double checked If she knows both motiffs and she does.

I see it does it with other styles as well by2way.

Can you open your achievement section of the Journal to Morrowind, General, Morag Tong Style Master. See if the chest piece it's checked off on that character. If it is, then you will have to wait for a ticket to fix and I would include the pics you posted as well as one of the style master showing it learned.

[img][/img]Screenshot_20181226_062310.png

Season of DraggingOn

PC-NA
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Grimm Thank you I will do that.

And thank you and everybody that took time to answer and help me. That was really kind.
    I will let you how it gets resolved.
  • Zenatheia
    Zenatheia
    ✭✭
    I had the same issue with Imperial style until I realized I only had the conversion from buying the Imperial edition. It might apply the same way with pre-ordering Morrowind or Summerset with Morag Tong and Divine Prosecution, respectively. I actually had to buy the Imperial motif in game to craft it for a Master Writ. The nice thing is that Morag Tong drops from doing WBs in Vvardenfell. Good luck!
    EP Dark Elf Magplar - Eva Destruction
    EP Dark Elf MagBlade - Kali Darkfire
    EP Redguard StamSorc - Maha
    EP Imperial StamDK - Lux
    AD High Elf Magplar - Aetheria

• kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zenatheia wrote: »
    I had the same issue with Imperial style until I realized I only had the conversion from buying the Imperial edition. It might apply the same way with pre-ordering Morrowind or Summerset with Morag Tong and Divine Prosecution, respectively. I actually had to buy the Imperial motif in game to craft it for a Master Writ. The nice thing is that Morag Tong drops from doing WBs in Vvardenfell. Good luck!

After reading this and because my eso was doing weird I thought I go trough it all again. And whoop whoop results. I looked in lore library as someone above suggested and guess what the style was not ticked. The other styles that did strange were also sorted out and they were ticked. So it must have exactly done like describe but I couldnt work it out because it was doing strange.

So for people in the future this was the problem and to see what you really have look under JOURNAL and then LORE LIBRARY.
    Edited by kinguardian on December 30, 2018 2:36AM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This would be my guess. It used to be you could craft in another style and then convert the item. After outfit update, you can only change your style to one of those in outfiter free of cost.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

This would be my guess. It used to be you could craft in another style and then convert the item. After outfit update, you can only change your style to one of those in outfiter free of cost.

If only I had learned about the Morag Tong conversion trick sooner and stocked up on style mats.....

Pre-outfits you could craft an iron dagger in any basic racial style, convert to Morag Tong, then deconstruct and have about a 50% chance to return a Morag Tong style mat. Ah, the good old days...
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To be entirely aware of what you can actually craft check the motif pages status under "Crafting" or under the DLCs or Chapter sections in the "Achievements" in the journal. That's the most reliable place to know if you are able to craft a gear piece or not.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP