The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Which bow to use for a stam NB following Alcast built (as starter)?

monczhang
monczhang
Soul Shriven
Hi all,

I want to ask about a stam NB build. I have been following Alcast for my beginning game and I collected relequen (although not perfect version) and Selene's mask and shoulder and AY jeweries and daggers. I have this one question about which bow should I use?

Alcast recommended vMA bow and stated that it had a 1-piece effect which if I checked correctly, vMA became a 2-piece set recently. So I am wondering which bow fits better in this build?

Thanks!

Best Answers

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vMA bow is BiS for all stamina builds.
    Answer ✓
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Use the vMA one if you got it. Or the master bow but if you don't have either, buy an agility bow till you do.
    Answer ✓
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vMA Bow counts at 2 pcs like very 2h weapon in the game. That means you just need 1 vMA bow to get the set bonus.
    Answer ✓
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    It might proof difficult for now to get the vMA bow, so maybe you could find a group that is willing to do veteran Dragonstar arena. That also drops a nice bow. It isn't as strong as the vMA bow, but it's good to have as replacement. Especially when your frontbar is AY which doesn't drop a bow.
    https://eso-sets.com/set/the-masters-bow
    Answer ✓
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Master bow isn't all that bad; I'm by far not the best at much, but I've tested them side by side (as a khajiit sDK) and on 47k parse, Master bow was behind for me by 0.5-0.8k dps, if that. Sure, there's a drawback of it being single target, but most of the time, it's all you care about. Many people call for vDSA groups in Craglorn, especially on weekends.

Failing that, you can use Agility bow, it's better than a random non-set one. Or... I know it's non-orthodox, but if you don't have either of the bows - try Leviathan in place of AY. It will give you almost identical stats (slightly higher crit and slight loss of weapon power because of weapon damage -> max stamina tradeoff). And it does have a bow in loot table.
    Answer ✓
  • monczhang
    monczhang
    Soul Shriven
    WOW! Thanks all for the input! I know what to do now!
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master bow isn't all that bad; I'm by far not the best at much, but I've tested them side by side (as a khajiit sDK) and on 47k parse, Master bow was behind for me by 0.5-0.8k dps, if that. Sure, there's a drawback of it being single target, but most of the time, it's all you care about. Many people call for vDSA groups in Craglorn, especially on weekends.

Failing that, you can use Agility bow, it's better than a random non-set one. Or... I know it's non-orthodox, but if you don't have either of the bows - try Leviathan in place of AY. It will give you almost identical stats (slightly higher crit and slight loss of weapon power because of weapon damage -> max stamina tradeoff). And it does have a bow in loot table.

U messed up on your dos test with the vma bow.. I promise you.

I have tested both and clipped it to show my friend and vma bow is +2-3k dps compared to master. This was when summerset came out and nothings changed since
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and once you have your bow sorted...…
    https://www.xynodegaming.com/sting
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Ihatenightblades , I'm not alone, @Masel tested earlier this year: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/394129/testing-the-master-bow-vs-the-maelstrom-bow/p1

I'm not sure how vMA bow can be 2-3k dps compared to Master. Thing is, vMA may give 2-3k on average (from testing: 2.5k on my 47k parse, 3-4k on 57k stamblade self-buffed 6mil parse from a guildmate) compared to a random non-set bow. So it can't be that far ahead of Master. You sure you're not swap-cancelling Poison Injection? If you swap-cancel it, Master bow's bonus doesn't work, it's a known bug.
    Edited by John_Falstaff on December 22, 2018 8:30PM
  • shadowofnarsil
    shadowofnarsil
    ✭✭✭
    Or... I know it's non-orthodox, but if you don't have either of the bows - try Leviathan in place of AY. It will give you almost identical stats (slightly higher crit and slight loss of weapon power because of weapon damage -> max stamina tradeoff). And it does have a bow in loot table.

Exactly what I run, getting 75% crit while buffed (not counting Rearmimg Trap) and 3700 weapon damage, with TFS on body. Having a Leviathan bow got very interesting when they changed bow/2H to get the +2 set credit, enabling 5/5 Leviathan front and back bar.

EDIT: I do PVE only.
    Edited by shadowofnarsil on December 23, 2018 5:06PM
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relequen, AY or Agility bow until you get vma bow.

Really no sense running Stam without a vma bow
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Stratloc
    Stratloc
    ✭✭✭✭

No sense at all in running a stamina build without vMA bow? Is this what you mean? That's some stretch.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

AY bow does not exist in the wild. And yes, "no sense" is quite a stretch. vMA bow doesn't offer enough to make or break a build.
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A stretch?

That statement, riddled with factual errors and coming to an absurd conclusion, is like meta for that whole anti-YouTube spree of threads last week.
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AY bow does not exist in the wild. And yes, "no sense" is quite a stretch. vMA bow doesn't offer enough to make or break a build.

Further, assuming the wearer has Relequen on the body, (as is the point of the build), a RQ bow would be a waste. Literally *any* 2-piece bonus would be better.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vMA bow doesn't offer enough to make or break a build.

smh

PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vMA bow doesn't offer enough to make or break a build.

smh

So, no comment about AY bow not existing, or having to run Relequen in weapons in order to use Relequen bow? Thought so.

As for vMA bow - if you feel that aforementioned boost it gives (over non-set bow, no less) makes or breaks a build... well. Shake your head harder, just don't fall off that high horse, and good day to you.