Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lame: Crown Crate Dye Stamps

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Hey all,

We recently identified an issue in the Xanmeer Crown Crates that prevented dyes from being gemmable. We are currently working on a fix for a future incremental for this so please hold onto your dyes if you would like to convert them to gems at a later date.

hey the vossa-satl is a legendary item.
    xe1y9r0gynns.png
    Aren't I supposed to be getting 33 crown gems for a legendary duplicate item? 5 crown gems is what one gets for a lower quality item.

Is this intended? If not, I received two of them and was given only 10 crown gems when in reality I should be given 66 crown gems, 33 crown gems for each.

We just looked into this and you are correct, it should have been 33 gems. We will work on a fix for this to assign the correct gem values. In the mean time, can you submit a ticket so our support team can add the remaining gems to your account?

Already did, its currently in purgatory waiting for review.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This entire crate season makes me a crazy person. With so many things going on in error, I'm feeling awfully throat punchy for buying as many of these stupid things as I did this season
    Edited by Loralai_907 on December 21, 2018 11:06PM
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought three crates and got the lizard horse
    I think that will be enough of these crates for me, not a fan of the lower tier rewards besides one or two (and I got em with gems)

it owuld be super nice if we could exchange dyes and undesired cosmetics for gems
    Edited by NorthernNightmare on December 22, 2018 2:45PM
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    They are working on a fix which will allow you to return the dyes for gems. They just don't have it out yet. Give them time. They've verified that they know the problem is there, but haven't gotten the fix in.

@Alassirana
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am really confused reading all this. if there was something, we could be sure, then that the crown store is well. meanwhile
    not even this is working anymore, do people get refunds. do they need to contact zos to get their refund or will zos do it automatically? what about those people not recognizing that they got scammed for gems?

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

With regard to the dyes, what I read of their own post said that once the dye fix is in a patch (and they haven't said when that will be yet), we can turn in our dyes for gems. As for the other items, if it's a 'collectable' that you already have, you will always get gems for it (though, if there's an error, and some have had that), you will have to contact them about the pricing errors. We were asked to hold onto the dyes we get and want gems for, so that they can be transferred into gems once they get the fix out for us. IT just takes being a little patient.

@Alassirana
  • GLP323b14_ESO
    GLP323b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Yea happened to me too today.

Blame Pacrooti. He's a wily one, that cat is.

PC/NA @GP323
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With regard to the dyes, what I read of their own post said that once the dye fix is in a patch (and they haven't said when that will be yet), we can turn in our dyes for gems. As for the other items, if it's a 'collectable' that you already have, you will always get gems for it (though, if there's an error, and some have had that), you will have to contact them about the pricing errors. We were asked to hold onto the dyes we get and want gems for, so that they can be transferred into gems once they get the fix out for us. IT just takes being a little patient.

@Alassirana

did you mean to mention me?
    Actually no, that's my signing, it...I'm Alassirana (though I did see your name in one of my guilds earlier, I believe).

@Alassirana
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually no, that's my signing, it...I'm Alassirana (though I did see your name in one of my guilds earlier, I believe).

@Alassirana

@silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    Considering the ESO system tries to email the user whose forum name is Alassirana by placing the @ with your name, you should probably reconsider unless you change your forum name from silvermistktralasub17_ESO to Alassirana
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Codeman1976
    Codeman1976
    ✭✭✭
    Just my two cents, but I agree with the OP. Why on Nirn would I want dye stamps if we are paying for ESO+? On top of that, why not offer the option to extract one measly crown gem for it? Instead I must destroy it to get it out of my inventory. Pff. I know, I know. I’m the idiot that pressed my luck by gambling with crown crates, but get serious. I bought the 15 crate package and received 3 Craglorn Welwa pets in a row, 2 tattoos, a bunch of poisons and potions, 3 mimic stones and 3 dye stamps. Can we at least get an option to extract gems or “gift” the items? Until something changes, I won’t be spending any more real-world currency for this game.
    PS4 NA
    Codeman1976
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The RNG is worse because they keep adding more crap to the loot table, dyes, momentos, single style pages, and the obvious poisons and potions etc etc.

That being said, it's a gamble, which you should have known. Also, i agree with the dyes. They should be able to be traded for gems.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    so how about that fix? it's been 3 weeks
  • BackAndAngry
    BackAndAngry
    ✭✭✭
    I have 8 of those wonderful dyes in the bank. Thanks for the user experience and quick fix ZOS.
    PSA - Crown items paid for cash have a chance to soon be obtainable in game for free
    Not my quote "It took a while to sink in that we’re killing it right now..."
    Dragonhold - "...updated Activity Finder for dungeons and Battlegrounds, and also focuses heavily on the first part of the performance improvements for ESO..." ^^
  • megageeklizzy
    megageeklizzy
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all,

We recently identified an issue in the Xanmeer Crown Crates that prevented dyes from being gemmable. We are currently working on a fix for a future incremental for this so please hold onto your dyes if you would like to convert them to gems at a later date.

So uh...any news? Anybody know if I can submit a ticket to turn these stupid things into gems? Bought some crates today because I forgot this bug was still around and I'd really like to get rid of the dye stamps taking up space in my bank.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

Just want to confirm we have a fix for this slated for the next update.
    Staff Post
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

Hey all,

Not incremental patch any more?
    Thx thats great
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
    #BuffSam
  • Capsaica
    Capsaica
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's a bummer...I deleted all of the dye stamps that I got because they were taking up inventory space. The stamps had dyes I already have access to, and I am a subscriber, so no need to keep them. If I had known I should have been able to convert them to crown gems I would have hung onto them. :-\
  • j.greenmanb16_ESO
    j.greenmanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Get those dye stamps the hell outta my crates.
    "You are brave and you are strong, of this there is no doubt. But without me at your side, your deeds will go unknown, your death unwept and your story unsung - Sings-In-Shade, the Argonian Bard
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next update? Thats a bad joke. Do you know when these bugged crates came out?
  • SaucyMcSauceface
    SaucyMcSauceface
    ✭✭✭✭
    This would have been good to know before I destroyed them cause they seemed to have no value and were taking up bag space
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the fix? Still waiting :(
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perwulf wrote: »
    Where is the fix? Still waiting :(

No next update since yesterday. So no fix :#
    Edited by The_Saint on January 3, 2019 10:40PM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
    #BuffSam
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capsaica wrote: »
    Well that's a bummer...I deleted all of the dye stamps that I got because they were taking up inventory space. The stamps had dyes I already have access to, and I am a subscriber, so no need to keep them. If I had known I should have been able to convert them to crown gems I would have hung onto them. :-\

Same thing happened to me. I bought 30 crates and deleted all the dyes as inventory space is precious. This was before I knew that they would eventually be convertible to gems. Oh well, lesson learned.

• ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just wanted to confirm this is getting fixed in today's patch.
    • Fixed an issue where dyes received from Xanmeer Crown Crates could not be converted into gems.
    Staff Post
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

A better fix would be binning them.

Seriously, do the folk that plan content like dye stamps actually think this is what people want? I can just about guarantee not one person has enthusiastically celebrated being rewarded after having spent real money on a *** dye stamp.

Whats actually the thought process behind them. 'Lets include something you can already do but dress it up as a reward, yeah that sounds good'
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They're just more filler to water down the already horrendous drop rates.

Every season, they add extra filler that no one wants.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady