The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

In game mail sent to another player has gone missing.

phairdon
phairdon
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I was trying to help out one of the players on the forum by sending 6 spare new life crafting writs. The person gave me their @name. The mail was sent to the @name, yet the mail with the attached items had not arrived to their in game inbox, 7 hours after being forwarded. Can anyone at Zenimax help me with this? Btw, how do I create a ticket with support about this? @ZOS_BillE
Edited by phairdon on December 20, 2018 12:46PM
Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can create a support ticket either in game or via this link: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com

I would personally file it under missing items (don't remember the exact term used in tickets)
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you COD it? If not, I would in future, even for people you know.

If you send an attachment without (possibly to the wrong individual), it takes 30 days before it returns back to you.

If you COD (1g is sufficient), it will auto-return in 3 days instead.

I consider it hazard insurance against limbo.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one wishes there was a sent mail history.

Then you could see for certain who you had sent it to yes - with just perhaps the odd chance that the name was wrong in some way or something.

The clever people with all the forbidden knowledge will sort it out for you though. They see all we do … yes even that.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That would be an excellent addition, along with the ability to cancel delivery/recall if unclaimed.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Merlin13KAGL Was not C.O.D. as I was not selling the items, just giving them away. Will keep your suggestion in mind for a next time.

@SantieClaws The feature would certainly be helpful in this situation.

@Turelus Already looked at the support page before putting up this discussion. Damned if I could find anyway to generate a ticket. Was going to create one in game until I found out you need the item in your inventory.

Should add this. Got a message from the person in game saying they had not received the writs. The name on the message was different to the @name provided. Does this make a difference?
    Edited by phairdon on December 20, 2018 6:35PM
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    The name on the message was different to the @name provided. Does this make a difference?

Yes, it could be their character name in the message header.

If it’s another @name in the header, the player may have typed the wrong @name in the first place ... which means they’re out of luck unfortunately.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    The name on the message was different to the @name provided. Does this make a difference?

Yes, it could be their character name in the message header.

If it’s another @name in the header, the player may have typed the wrong @name in the first place ... which means they’re out of luck unfortunately.

@Taleof2Cities The person provided with the their @name through a private message here on the forum. Kind of suspect this won't turn out well.

One piece of good news. 4 writs dropped for me today with another three characters to run event. Who knows, might end up with another 6.
    Edited by phairdon on December 20, 2018 10:56PM