Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Constant crashes

ken2238972
I have issue with game crashing constantly. It happens quite frequently. It ranges from every 2 minutes to every 15 minutes.
My video card driver and window is up to date. I tried reinstalling the game. Nothing has worked so far.
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • ercmillab14a_ESO
    This is happening to me as well. It just started tonight. I will be running from 2-10 minutes and my whole computer freezes with a black screen. It only happens once I start Elder Scrolls Online. Hopefully this thread will help us.
    Options
  • Midgardian
    Midgardian
    ✭✭✭
    This has been happening to me since early access began, and still no word on a fix.
    Options
  • lissatygercub18_ESO
    I have also been having issues with the game crashing that only began tonight. (In my case, it's just the game, not my whole computer.) There doesn't seem to be any common element in what I'm doing when it happens, though I should perhaps mention that I continue to have issues with the game freezing for a few seconds then starting again. (I doubt it's related, as I've had this issue the whole time and I hadn't been crashing until tonight, but just in case.)
    Options
  • Midgardian
    Midgardian
    ✭✭✭
    I have also been having issues with the game crashing that only began tonight. (In my case, it's just the game, not my whole computer.) There doesn't seem to be any common element in what I'm doing when it happens, though I should perhaps mention that I continue to have issues with the game freezing for a few seconds then starting again. (I doubt it's related, as I've had this issue the whole time and I hadn't been crashing until tonight, but just in case.)

I've also had problems with the game freezing momentarily then starting again. I think they might be related, since I've had both problems since early access began.
    Options
  • Chingowey
    Chingowey
    ✭✭
    I've had two problems:

1. The game freezes on a frame for about 3 seconds then jumps back to normal.
    2. The game freezes and the screen goes black, audio is working but after about 5 seconds the game crashes and I get the critical error update.

My drivers are up to date as well. I've experienced this in both the beta and since the early access began
    PC//NA//AD
    Varomyr: v16 Sorcerer
    Lord Reek: v16 Nightblade
    Options
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, been having this as well. Not as often as yours, but generally I crash at least once every 1-2 hours. Also have had a lot of the momentary freezing for several seconds before the game resumes, and every time it happens I fear a crash is coming.

Don't know if it's related or just lag but also it usually takes me anywhere from around 1-3 minutes to phase into an area (such as from traveling to a Wayshrine or entering/exiting a dungeon or building).
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
    Options
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this game playable on laptop with Integrated HD :) I would be surprised if not because I play EVE, Skyrim, Star Trek Online, Neverland, SWTOR fine, but this game keeps crashing or the graphics don't show in places and the npc and player toons display as purple?
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • darkknightfan91
    This is happening to me as well. It just started tonight. I will be running from 2-10 minutes and my whole computer freezes with a black screen. It only happens once I start Elder Scrolls Online. Hopefully this thread will help us.

I've been having the same issue since I started playing, I can get anywhere from 5-35 mins, and then I freeze, get the black screen of death, and then the game crashes.

I hope a fix is coming soon from support, because this game is outstanding so far, and I'm looking forwards to many more years of adventure in ESO.
    Options
  • Lizzrdd
    Lizzrdd
    ✭✭✭
    Yes this keeps happening to me as well. Things will be fine then I cant do anything in the game. Pull weps, fight, as a signal this is going to happen, I use the monkey pet. He dissapears when this is going to start. Then I get kicked to the log in screen with the message that an unexpected error has occurred. This began tonite, and there is no specific area to trigger it. I check my internet connection (ping) and it is running at 85 or below.
    Play how you want to, not how others tell you to! Live and let Play!
    Options
  • tokyov
    tokyov
    ✭✭
    happening to me as well. no help from support. its not my rig. everything else runs fine.
    Options
  • g33kcub
    g33kcub
    ✭✭
    Happening to me as well, MAC Client.
    Options
  • darkknightfan91
    Any idea if Customer Support is working this issue as a general glitch/problem, or are they going to contact each of us individually to let us know they are aware of it?
    Options
  • Chingowey
    Chingowey
    ✭✭
    I've received no e-mail, and my above post says that customer support has been contacted for my problem. My guess is that they are aware of the issue, but not the cause. If they do find a fix it will most likely be in one of the upcoming patches. It'd be nice to know how far along the are however.
    PC//NA//AD
    Varomyr: v16 Sorcerer
    Lord Reek: v16 Nightblade
    Options