The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lag/Performace in Cyrodill

Ruckly
Ruckly
✭✭✭✭
On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate the lag/performance in cyrodill during a 48vs48 battle?

The point of this thread is to see what the poll results are. Try not to derail it. That will not help informing players what the general consensus towards cyrodill performance is.

Lag/Performace in Cyrodill 52 votes

7%
Sanct16SorisSilverPawsAhtu 4 votes
3%
HidesFromSunDivineFirstYOLO 2 votes
7%
GhostbaneWitchyWarriorSacredxskrvbb10rd 4 votes
0%
3%
Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESOCreationofgod 2 votes
3%
Rin_Senya_Crow 2 votes
9%
KnootewootfrozywozyKatahdinLutalloTzayad 5 votes
15%
ZelosbooksmcreaddtsharplesEirellaMinnoevivnadasandblackMarcus684 8 votes
5%
Ranger209DoTHurtsmayasunrising 3 votes
42%
RDMyers65b14_ESODelsskiaPalidonNutshotzgitch2Lettigall JulesmeekeyceeCurtdogg47Sanctum74vamp_emilyadirondackAjax_22gp1680Aki-RalPrince_of_all_Pugsamir412pzschrekSkysOutThizeOutJerkMctwerk 22 votes
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I rating lag or performance? Is 10 bad or good?
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

10 is good lag and performance. 1 is bad lag and performance. And 1-10 is a spectrum of options based on opinion. This is based on a 48vs48 scenario.

The 48vs48 scenario is probably about the best you are going to get out of players in cyrodill right now during primetime. Based on this poll I might make another looking for a sweet spot x in an x vs x scenario. The goal is to identify how people feel towards the status quo and based on that, if it is unfavorable, to identify what the ideal scenario is.
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    11 votes :*

Wonder why they bothered with the extra outposts doesn't seem popular this cyrodill. Then again the only reason I ever used this particular sub-forum was to ask a question.
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2. When I'm in large battles it's like I'm watching a film strip. My fps generally tanks to the teens or single digits. :(
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is so subjective, hinting on anything from PC hardware, to network hardware, to ISP, connection type, location, server issues, overall server population, and just general perception. I’d love to see better performance as would we all but this poll isn’t going to show much.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trash. All that needs to be said
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    This is so subjective, hinting on anything from PC hardware, to network hardware, to ISP, connection type, location, server issues, overall server population, and just general perception. I’d love to see better performance as would we all but this poll isn’t going to show much.

This poll shows how people feel during a 48vs48 battle. How people feel is subjective true. But there is a control and that is 24vs24 battles. Bar lock, 5 second cast times, disconnect on approach, siege is busy all depend on what the server accepts from the client. Does this happen in 48 vs 48 or does it require greater numbers?

I believe 4 campaigns ago DC had emp and was defending the emp keep ash and scroll. Ash had a garrison + emp group patrolling around the keep. The keep got hit from the north by an EP group probably around 48ish in size. That was beaten back then from the south by an AD group about 48 in size. Then from the north again by an EP group about 48 in size. I don't remember having "siege is busy". Since then has the server been downgraded is it getting hit by more DDOS these are questions I can't answer. I'm looking for the general opinion on 48vs48 battles and the lag/performance during those battles.

Right now what I'm seeing is something approaching an inverted bell curve which itself is very telling. It's not very many data points but it might suggest anything from people who would have voted a low number quit because of lag to people using the general forum for issues and not this forum to personality cults distorting the data(something which might also happen in alphas and betas) to these forums being useless for data.
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruckly wrote: »

10 is good lag and performance. 1 is bad lag and performance. And 1-10 is a spectrum of options based on opinion. This is based on a 48vs48 scenario.
    good lag *giggles*
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    48v48 feels horrible for everyone. Stop it.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Merlight wrote: »
    Ruckly wrote: »

good lag *giggles*

good lag is better than bad lag :)
  • HidesFromSun
    HidesFromSun
    ✭✭✭
    Oops, I thought 1 was hardly any lag and 10 was dying of lag
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^ yeah same here... my 9 is a 2 in your rating system... its laggy AF.
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

• Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the problem is more performance than lag. Lag is when you character is in one spot then suddenly appears in another spot 2 seconds later. Or when you disconnect on approach to a dense battle. Bar lock and siege is busy I think is a performance issue with the server/client structure. 5 second cast times if that was lag would imply a ping of 5000+. I know a class representative has appeared in this forum before. They signed some NDA and have insider info whatever that is. Can this problem be improved? Can battles be partitioned on the megaserver? The megaserver was supposed to be a big feature of ESO. Cyrodill lag is definitely partitioned from everything outside cyrodill.

Based on what I am seeing the server is throttling certain actions such as casts and siege and simply not allowing more players to enter a densely populated radius which would reduce load but at the same time bars a faction from reinforcing an area. And that disconnect wall doesn't depend on how many of your faction is in an area but rather on the total number in the area so you can't reinforce and have an evenly matched battle. And evenly matched battles are the cream of cyrodill whether you win or lose that battle.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Normally I don't lag much unless in a huge fight. If i do lag it isn't "OMG this game sucks" kind of lag.

Well recently, not sure if after the last update/dlc I've had major lag. So bad that I tend to do more PvE than normal. I also have lagged in places where Lag is very seldom seen ( kyne ).

I checked my addons and everything was up to date. So this morning I decided to unplug my modem and pull the battery out for a few min. I'm no longer experiencing the horrifying lag that I have been fighting with for days.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Normally I don't lag much unless in a huge fight. If i do lag it isn't "OMG this game sucks" kind of lag.

Well recently, not sure if after the last update/dlc I've had major lag. So bad that I tend to do more PvE than normal. I also have lagged in places where Lag is very seldom seen ( kyne ).

I checked my addons and everything was up to date. So this morning I decided to unplug my modem and pull the battery out for a few min. I'm no longer experiencing the horrifying lag that I have been fighting with for days.

Doing that should reset your IP. That solves most problems on the ISP end of things I find.
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's worse than it was after the lighting patch. Fire off a skill and it can take as much as 10 seconds before it actually goes off. Going from 100% health to dead in less than a second with no idea how you died because 6 or 8 skills that someone used lagged and hit you all at the same time. "Your ballista is busy". Can't slot a repair kit, mount or transit because you can't get out of combat. I spent 2 hours and 20 minutes in PC NA Vivec last night and crashed 8 times. The crashes happened in the middle of nowhere riding toward a keep, approaching a fight, during a fight, after all the fighting was over... There's no rhyme or reason to it. After the crashes it's never as simple as just logging back in. For at least the first 3 login attempts, sometimes more, you get "can't connect to the server" and "make sure you have a valid internet connection".

How ZOS can justify taking anyone's money for anything while the performance is this bad is beyond me. They're selling a VERY flawed product and don't appear to be doing anything to make it right.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Delsskia wrote: »
    It's worse than it was after the lighting patch. Fire off a skill and it can take as much as 10 seconds before it actually goes off. Going from 100% health to dead in less than a second with no idea how you died because 6 or 8 skills that someone used lagged and hit you all at the same time. "Your ballista is busy". Can't slot a repair kit, mount or transit because you can't get out of combat. I spent 2 hours and 20 minutes in PC NA Vivec last night and crashed 8 times. The crashes happened in the middle of nowhere riding toward a keep, approaching a fight, during a fight, after all the fighting was over... There's no rhyme or reason to it. After the crashes it's never as simple as just logging back in. For at least the first 3 login attempts, sometimes more, you get "can't connect to the server" and "make sure you have a valid internet connection".

How ZOS can justify taking anyone's money for anything while the performance is this bad is beyond me. They're selling a VERY flawed product and don't appear to be doing anything to make it right.

giphy.gif
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crashing during a fight or after a fight is a bit odd. Normally a crash occurs when you cross the lag line around a fort.

10 second cast times seems to happen when there is to many people in an area. It might be a good idea for raid caps to be reduced to 18 so a two raid stack will amount to 36 instead of 48. DC is currently running two open pug groups I think to offset what EP throws at us I don't know the effect it has on AD. Fantasia was in glade last night and that seemed to run smoothly.

If you are crashing randomly you might want to reset your IP. If that doesn't work then it might be a problem of buff stacks de-localizing characters maybe I dunno.

If you slot equilibrium and have a stack of ravage health pots you can get out of combat + a blood port guaranteed. There should be pots that remove your toon from combat. I think that would solve a lot of problems. A 5-10 second cast time on it to avoid it being abused. Buy from a siege vendor.

Now that I think about it some that stuck in combat bug might not be a bug at all. It might be people who are chasing the top 2% in ap leader boards using some hack to keep people in combat with them so that when they eventually die they get ap from it.
    Edited by Ruckly on December 16, 2018 10:48PM
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10/10 would play again
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]