The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Radiant Magelight vs Nightblades.

• Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This one is a Khajiit and he is told many times that his means of speaking confuses others. Khajiit finds that silly of course. He wonders now with this whole Doom and not Doom thing, if perhaps Khajiit is understanding how others feel, because he has become confused now. Servant thinks he will eat some moon sugar and go to sleep, yes? It is after all New Khajiit Life Day and his new fur is growing in for the winter season.

That said, perhaps the changing of the signature link may be advised?
    Edited by Delsanab14_ESO on December 16, 2018 7:07AM
    Account: @Delsana
    FREE CRAFTING (NA PC) SIDENOTE: Hel'phaer is a Grand Master Crafter with almost every motif (excluding Buoyant, Meridian, Coldsnap, Grim Harlequin, Tsaesci, Pellitine, and Elder Argonian because can't afford it) and will craft attractive quality and visually appealing training gear or combat sets for those interested. FREE gear for players below CP 160 (equivalent level of 210), and paid gear in some form from those CP 160 or higher.
  • UltimateBias
    idk wrote: »
    I have found magelight to be very effective in exposing NBs and keeping them exposed. It is my preferred method when on a magicka character. It really is fun. Especially since it seems they often keep trying to go into stealth, effectively not trying to damage you while you are killing them.

I've noticed this as well.

It's like panic sets in when they see that their Stealth has been broken.

Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • UltimateBias
    This one is a Khajiit and he is told many times that his means of speaking confuses others. Khajiit finds that silly of course. He wonders now with this whole Doom and not Doom thing, if perhaps Khajiit is understanding how others feel, because he has become confused now. Servant thinks he will eat some moon sugar and go to sleep, yes? It is after all New Khajiit Life Day and his new fur is growing in for the winter season.

That said, perhaps the changing of the signature link may be advised?

I just put the link there as a favor; it's nothing more than that.
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Radiant is great against trashblades, or Xv1 against blades of any calibre when you're zerging them down.

1v1 vs a competent NB (especially stam) is a different story entirely, though.

In the time it takes you to respond to cloak and cast Radiant, which further puts you on GCD for another 1s, a good Stamblade would've bought enough time to recover. Not to mention you're at an innate disadvantage due to always having one less slot on an already tight bar.

Cloak is that powerful a tool. Even when broken almost instantly it still provides an invaluable window of total pressure relief, which is often enough to salvage a fight.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • UltimateBias
    Maryal wrote: »
    I main a stamblade, done so for over 3 1/2 years. I will attest that radiant magelight IS effective.

If only others could bring themselves to admit this simple fact.
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say it works like 50% of the time and gets me killed but my nbs are pve healers and not really spec'd to survive or kill anyone so idk.

Skill mostly sucks imo radius is garbage
  • UltimateBias
    I'd say it works like 50% of the time and gets me killed but my nbs are pve healers and not really spec'd to survive or kill anyone so idk.

Skill mostly sucks imo radius is garbage

I dont think the detect radius is bad; 12m is decent.

Cast Ritual of Retribution or Extended Ritual on yourself; the resulting circle is pretty big.

That's your the size of your reveal area with Radiant Magelight. And Radiant's AoE is centered on you and moves as you do for 6 seconds.

Watch the video and you'll see how effective the range is.
    Edited by UltimateBias on December 16, 2018 2:59PM
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA