The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Radiant Magelight vs Nightblades.

UltimateBias
There are many ways in this game to counter the Cloaking/Stealth capability of Nightblades with varying degree's of effectiveness.

One of the ways is via Radiant Magelight. From what I've heard ingame and read here on the forums, there seems to be a narrative that Radiant Magelight is ineffective at revealing Nightblades that are in Stealth.

Thus I have a video demonstrating that the narrative that Radiant Magelight is ineffective at revealing Nightblades is false.

Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvP5xfAtd6o&t=27s
Magicka Templar Build
PS4
NA
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dat musik
  • UltimateBias
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    dat musik

You like it?

The first song is The Touch by Stan Bush

The second song is We Will Rock You by Queen.
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not 1 of them fears you before using it, not 1 of them uses shade and then cloaks, half of them are backing up and moving at a snail's pace bc thier clueless on what to do.

This is like saying the duck is a ferocious predator bc it squashed a worm walking to the pond. Go fight drakeheart, knsdesigns, jejeunum and tell me how you do keeping them out of stealth.
    Edited by Brutusmax1mus on December 15, 2018 5:47PM
  • UltimateBias
    Not 1 of them fears you before using it, not 1 of them uses shade and then cloaks, half of them are backing up and moving at a snail's pace bc thier clueless on what to do.

This is like saying the duck is a ferocious predator bc it squashed a worm walking to the pond. Go fight drakeheart, knsdesigns, jejeunum and tell me how you do keeping them out of stealth.

The point of the thread is to demonstrate that Radiant Magelight can be effective at revealing Nightblades who utilize Cloak.

I believe the video demonstrates that very well.

If you have nothing of importance to contribute as pertains that, then maybe you shouldn't be here.

Btw, maybe you dont see too well, but one of the Nightblades DID use Shade and attempted to Cloak.

Radiant broke his Cloak, he went to his Shade, and Doom turned around and killed him.

It's all there.

PS.

I've seen Doom kill Drake. I haven't seen him fight the others, but Drake has definitely been killed by him before.

Edited by UltimateBias on December 15, 2018 6:42PM
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The point of the thread is to demonstrate that Radiant Magelight can be effective at revealing Nightblades who utilize Cloak.

If you have nothing of importance to contribute as pertains that, then maybe you shouldn't be here.

Btw, maybe you dont see too well, but one of the Nightblades DID use Shade and attempted to Cloak.

Radiant broke his Cloak, he went to his Shade, and Doom turned around and killed him.

It's all there.

PS.

I've seen Doom kill Drake. I haven't seen him fight the others, but Drake has definitely been killed by him before.

Dude, stop. You're doom, stop taking like you're not. It's weird.
  • UltimateBias

It's all there.

PS.

Dude, stop. You're doom, stop taking like you're not. It's weird.

So.

Do you have anything significant to contribute as pertains to Radiant Magelight's ability to reveal Nightblades in Stealth?
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • UltimateBias
    @Brutusmax1mus

Looking back at the video, I see you are wrong yet again; the Nightblade killed around the 2 minute mark DID use Fear on Doom and attempted to Cloak.

Doom immediately broke the Fear Effect, revealed him with Radiant, and killed him.

Now that's twice in this thread that your arguments have been proven false:

1) You stated that no Nightblade in the video used Shade and then Cloak. This was false.

2) You stated that no Nightblade in the video used Fear and then Cloak. This was false as well.

Aren't you tired of being wrong?

Why can't you simply admit that Radiant Magelight is effective against Nightblades?
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Brutusmax1mus

Looking back at the video, I see you are wrong yet again; the Nightblade killed around the 2 minute mark DID use Fear on Doom and attempted to Cloak.

Doom immediately broke the Fear Effect, revealed him with Radiant, and killed him.

1) You stated that no Nightblade in the video used Shade and then Cloak. This was false.

2) You stated that no Nightblade in the video used Fear and then Cloak. This was false as well.

Why can't you simply admit that Radiant Magelight is effective against Nightblades?

Doom, that nightblade who feared you and cloaked RAN INTO YOU. If he ran the direction he was originally headed, you'd have missed it.

The one that used shade DIDN'T CLOAK AFTER, so you gap closed and used mage light.

Neither player did it right.
  • UltimateBias
    @Brutusmax1mus

Doom, that nightblade who feared you and cloaked RAN INTO YOU. If he ran the direction he was originally headed, you'd have missed it.

The one that used shade DIDN'T CLOAK AFTER, so you gap closed and used mage light.

@Brutusmax1mus

Was Radiant Magelight effective at revealing the Nightblades in these instances?

The players decision making is another argument.

The question here is did Radiant do its job?
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Brutusmax1mus

@Brutusmax1mus

Was Radiant Magelight effective at revealing the Nightblades in these instances?

If your goal was to prove that radiant magelight can do its job against a nightblade who does not know how to counter it, sure.
    But to kill a potato nightblade, you do not need radiant magelight to begin with.
  • UltimateBias
    Sharee wrote: »
    @Brutusmax1mus

@Brutusmax1mus

If your goal was to prove that radiant magelight can do its job against a nightblade who does not know how to counter it, sure.
    But to kill a potato nightblade, you do not need radiant magelight to begin with.

The question isn't if a given Nightblade can counter Radiant Magelight.

The belief that some have is that Radiant is not good at revealing Nightblades at all; the video shows that it is good at revealing them.

What happens after the reveal is irrelevant.
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for proving that Cloak is not the worst of concerns coming into 2019.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Brutusmax1mus

@Brutusmax1mus

The belief that some have is that Radiant is not good at revealing Nightblades at all; the video shows that it is good at revealing them.

That's like saying a bamboo stick is a good anti-aircraft weapon.

Sure it is - if the aircraft is parked on the ground.
  • UltimateBias
    @Brutusmax1mus

@Brutusmax1mus

Look, the point of the video is simply to show that Radiant Magelight is effective at revealing Nightblades.

Nothing more. Nothing less. There is no ulterior motive here.

Did you watch the video?

Was Radiant effective at revealing Nightblades who were utilizing Stealth?

Yes or no?
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Brutusmax1mus

@Brutusmax1mus

Look, the point of the video is simply to show that Radiant Magelight is effective at revealing Nightblades.

Did you watch the video?

Yes or no?

It was about as effective at revealing nightblades as a bamboo stick is at damaging aircraft.
    After all, the circumstances do not matter, right?
    Edited by Sharee on December 15, 2018 9:54PM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think a good player with radiant trumps a good player with cloak. A great player with radiant will probably fail to keep a great playe from cloaking. Detect pots are superior imo.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • UltimateBias
    @Brutusmax1mus

@Brutusmax1mus

Did you watch the video?

Yes or no?

It was about as effective at revealing nightblades as a bamboo stick is at damaging aircraft.
    After all, the circimstances do not matter, right?

Ok.

Thanks for your input.
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a good player with radiant trumps a good player with cloak. A great player with radiant will probably fail to keep a great playe from cloaking. Detect pots are superior imo.

This guy is great at using cloak. Pinning him down solo is literally impossible.
    Edited by Brutusmax1mus on December 15, 2018 10:04PM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eh. Detect+gap closers usually works If I'm not using shade.

sanguinare vampiris

• UltimateBias

I can agree with you to a degree.

Those God Mode Nightblades as pertains utilizing the combo of Cloak/Shade/Speed can be brutal to lockdown; 1v1 you can't do it.

But that's one of the reasons I prefer Radiant to Detect Pots; you won't lock them down with a Detect Pot either (the really good ones will evade you with a combo of Speed and Shade) and during the Pots cooldown the Nightblade has complete control of the fight.

With Radiant, at least I can use an Invis Pot and get out of the situation completely.

Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • UltimateBias

Who are you ingame?
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same name. I've recently met your friend in the sewers. Very friendly person, it would seem.

sanguinare vampiris

• UltimateBias
    Ah.

Excellent.

:)
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Brutusmax1mus

@Brutusmax1mus

Did you watch the video?

Yes or no?

Mindless cloak spam ≠ utilizing stealth playstyle
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main a stamblade, done so for over 3 1/2 years. I will attest that radiant magelight IS effective.

Not all NBs gank. Some are simply trying to go from point A to point B without getting attacked by a pack of ravenous wolves. Sometimes you think you are taking a relatively 'safe' route (less traveled routes), but you never know when or where you will run into the enemy.

*Whether or not one can successfully escape after getting 'caught' is primarily situational (moving in stealth to travel as opposed to ganking).
    If you are a stamblade trying to get from point A to point B, you probably spend more time in sneak mode than in cloak. Cloak costs magica ... casting a shade costs magica ... stamblades don't have limitless supplies of magica (remember, 'fear' costs magica too). If you unexpectedly get caught, you will probably try to run, but it won't do much good. Remember, right before you got caught, you were in sneaking around in stealth -- something that costs stamina. And, what sort of stamina were you regenerating during that time? LOL! Stamina pots? For most races, what you get from a stamina pot is a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of stamina needed if there is any hope of outrunning some enraged mob closing in behind you. LOS? Maybe, sometimes ... depends where you are.

Something else I will point out - radiant magelight also works against non-NBs ... you don't have to be a NB to be in stealth (sneak eye closed) or to use invisibility pots. Just saying.

If you are cloaking / stealthing for the purpose of ganking, then I do agree more experienced players will have a back-up or escape plan. Less experienced gankers who get caught and subsequently killed are NOT bad players -- you get gud by putting yourself out there and learning from your mistakes. I admire that person so much more than a whiney snowflake who, instead, comes to the forums crying 'nerf'.
    Edited by Maryal on December 16, 2018 2:22AM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same name. I've recently met your friend in the sewers. Very friendly person, it would seem.

Doom and ultimatebias are the same guy, burs just pretending to be some one else to avoid a forum ban.
    Edited by Brutusmax1mus on December 16, 2018 4:09AM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doomsday isnt banned currently (?). Don't know why he would be either.

But if that is you, doom, sock puppeting is almost universally more bannable than whatever youre in trouble for, unless you're attacking someone.

sanguinare vampiris

• Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloak combined with anything else is just too much.

Cloak + snipe, cloak + teleport, cloak + fear, cloak + dodge roll, cloak + miss chance etc...
  • UltimateBias

Doom and ultimatebias are the same guy, burs just pretending to be some one else to avoid a forum ban.

We are not the same person; I am someone entirely different.

Your thoughts on this are misguided.

Just let it go.
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found magelight to be very effective in exposing NBs and keeping them exposed. It is my preferred method when on a magicka character. It really is fun. Especially since it seems they often keep trying to go into stealth, effectively not trying to damage you while you are killing them.