The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

4 Man Group Tank. The Big Secret.

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I have a tank. It’s not my main. I’m alright at tanking. This is always like a side project for me, and I’m not overly invested in it, but do have a plethora of tanking sets.

More and more recently, I run with 3 DPS and a tank. I find the Ebon/Alkosh setup to be not so great unless I need more than 35k health, and then I swap out to Ebon plague doctor.

When I was getting more into VDSA groups, I was finding players come out of the woodwork with really oddball setups. At one time, the highest VDSA group tank was using SPC/ Alkosh. Of course, I had to try it out...it got me dead. A lot. These guys are a bit more skilled than me.

There’s a perfect combination for 4 man tanks now though. Galenwe/ Olorime is pretty freaking good imo.

You know, Alkosh/ Olorime might not be that bad either if you can find a way to not die. Uhm, I think I went about it the wrong way though. I went 5 medium, 2 heavy or 5 1 1. Maybe tanking in 5 light 2 heavy or 1 1 would be better? Of course, everything must be sturdy and probably closer to 40k Health would be optimal, but light armor passives would be much more beneficial to a tank than medium.

And food. I’ve used witchmothers, which was awesome for magic. The orsinium food... The clockwork citrus fillet would likely be more optimal. They’re a bit expensive to try, but what else you gonna do with all that gold?

So. Any of you hardcore tanks use 5 light armor? I’m curious what the real big dogs do. When I first mentioned Galenwe/ Olorime people look at me crazy. Now half my guild is farming it. Awhile back when I used SPC...well it’s not as good as Olorime.

This is all on a DK tank, it may not be so great for others.
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    I'm kind of confused. Galenwe is a heavy set.
    If you want to be 5 light, go for it and use galenwe chest and legs. I do that with my LA warden frost tank; ebon and necropotence.
    A great thing about LA tanking is Harness Magicka. After the patch it's even stronger on a tank, plus gives a little resource return.
    Resistance cap is the bigger issue, but a monster set and CP can fix that.

I hope that kind of helps. Good luck with it. I dont like Alkosh or Galenwe in dungeons personally as I find they are pointless with PUGs, but sure u could have some fun with them in guild groups.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Galenwe and Olorime together are much safer. That would be 5+ heavy.

My other thaught is Olorime Alkosh, but 5 light, probably 2 heavy.

I hadn’t even really thaught about Harness Magic, but yeah that could work. It would be much much more for a pre made group. 3 DPS, 1 tank. Fail hard in Pug.
  • malicia
    malicia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thorstienn wrote: »
    I'm kind of confused. Galenwe is a heavy set.

I think he ideally wants to use Olorime+Alkosh. :smile: I'm also thinking of doing something like this, but I may doubt my own skill even more than @kylewwefan does theirs.
    PC, EU
    Not elite, not the best. Just enjoying ESO.
    Not the worst either. "Casual" != "totally ignorant"
    @taciti
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What AOE do you use to proc Olorime on your Tank? Just curious...it'd have to be something like Ash Cloud, or else you're using a resto staff on back bar?
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    Ah I see now.
    Just did a quick check on build editor.
    For DK (I went argonian as that is popular):
    5 body Olorime (I went non perfect), alkosh jewels and SnB. Lord Warden both heavy!
    With Major Reaolve and Ward, and lord warden buffs:
    Spell Resist 32k
    Physical 30k

Health 30k
    Mag 20k
    Stam 21k
    Mag rec 1692 (not a vampire)

Note that is 44 points in Light armor focus for physical resist.
    Looks very doable to me.

Also note, as LA tank you can get away with a little less health if u keep shields up; in the above example, Harness Mag tooltip at 8711, which gives you effective health of ~39k.

• Nolic1
    Nolic1
    ✭✭✭
    Thorstienn wrote: »
    Ah I see now.
    Just did a quick check on build editor.
    For DK (I went argonian as that is popular):
    5 body Olorime (I went non perfect), alkosh jewels and SnB. Lord Warden both heavy!
    With Major Reaolve and Ward, and lord warden buffs:
    Spell Resist 32k
    Physical 30k

Health 30k
    Mag 20k
    Stam 21k
    Mag rec 1692 (not a vampire)

Note that is 44 points in Light armor focus for physical resist.
    Looks very doable to me.

Also note, as LA tank you can get away with a little less health if u keep shields up; in the above example, Harness Mag tooltip at 8711, which gives you effective health of ~39k.

This looks like it could work but you could get alittle better stats I think if you ran an imperial yes not as much magicka or the potion passive but the mag recovery would be the same.

As for the person asking how you proc Olorime you use the Earthen heart ablility ash cloud morphed to cinderstorm.
    Sherman from Sherman's Gaming

Youtube content creator that is dedicated to the Casual and Roleplay community for News, Lets Talks, Guides, Help and character builds.

Youtube channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cinder storm. It’s also a small heal, takes the place of igneous and it becomes your magic to Stam converter.

I’m using a lightning staff back bar. It’s charged with a weakening glyph. My dilemma there is keep the Wall of Elements for off balance. or try the black rose one out and use pulse for maim.

Could throw a Resto on for more small heals.

In all Stam groups, you’re never gonna get a Synergy to take advantage of Alkosh. Something else to consider.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well if someone have Vigor (+ Echoing Vigor from tank + Igneous Shield). Though it's hardly ok for vet dlc dungeons.
    Also, running everyday static premade group can became boring as hell - everyday same as other day. It's like a job you never get payed.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    well if someone have Vigor (+ Echoing Vigor from tank + Igneous Shield). Though it's hardly ok for vet dlc dungeons.
    Also, running everyday static premade group can became boring as hell - everyday same as other day. It's like a job you never get payed.

I kind of agree with you a little. I don’t always run with premade groups. But things go better with them.

Forget all about pugging. Major courage is gonna be redundant. That completely ruins the idea of running 5 light on a tank.

If you choose to drop the HA though, light will give you much more useable stuff than medium. Now you can give the buffs a healer normally gives and bring another DD.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Love the idea. Seems like its made for vDSA. Kind of want to try it now
  • Dr3sden
    Dr3sden
    ✭✭✭
    T.T taking healers jobs....tanks debuff... healers buff
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dr3sden wrote: »

:D
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dr3sden wrote: »

tenor.gif?itemid=10165889
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When olorime procs, where is the circle? Same spot where you place the ground effect?