The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Disk?

LadyLethalla
LadyLethalla
✭✭✭✭✭
TL;DR - if I buy Summerset on a completely new disk, will it contain all the previous patches to date?

First off, I'm on PS4.
I still have the original release disk, which is perfectly fine; no scratches etc. And last week I pre-purchased the Summerset Standard digital upgrade.

For a while now I've been having some issues with in-game Chat. If I use the RDF, my Group chat turns itself on. If I join a pre-made group, I have no Group chat available - it's not in the list. If I try to use a guild chat channel, it disappears. It does work very occasionally if I restart the game... what happened on the weekend in a trial after two disconnections and restarts, was that it said I was in Group chat; I could hear people, then partway through a boss fight the chat just went silent. The names of the last speakers got frozen on my screen, which persisted when I swapped characters, and only restarting the game cleared that.
And yes I have posted a ticket about it in-game, and in the Bug Reports section, but I didn't even get an auto-email response to my ticket.

A friend suggested that it could be something in my game data has corrupted and that I should try to uninstall and reinstall - but since the patch is quite large, if I have to redownload all of that on my potato Internet I won't be playing for two or more days.

The question is therefore, if I was to buy Summerset on a new disk instead, would it already have all the patches to date, so that I would only need to download the most recent?
TYIA :)

Edited by LadyLethalla on May 14, 2018 4:04AM
x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I wouldn't think so, for starters the update wouldn't have been finalized before the disc would have had to have gone into production. Also, I seem to recall when I first installed the game (PS4) it had to download everything first. I think the disc works more as a passkey, just allowing you access to the game.

But perhaps there's someone who bought Morrowind on disc who can confirm how big the original download was for that, would guess it will be similar for Summerset!
    PS4 EU
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks... though that's not a definitive answer. I think I need to post this in the Tech Support section.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The disc would only be the base game.
    In the packet would be codes to enter for chapters

The patch update is on the server so i wouldn’t expect that “new files” would be on the disc but perhaps the patch from two months ago would be as those discs are already created.

(That’s how it works on Xbox one at least)
    Not sure why you’d not buy it digital as right now it’s the same price for the base game and chapter.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 15, 2018 2:42AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why you’d not buy it digital as right now it’s the same price for the base game and chapter.

Because of the aforementioned Potato Internet. I wouldn't want to spend more than a day waiting on the entire game to re-download to possibly fix the Group Chat issue, and I certainly wouldn't want to have to put up with my eldest son screaming for that long (or, in fact, at all) that said download is affecting his ping for Overwatch...

I hate my country's internet.
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voice chat/Group chat is ENTIRELY broken on console it seems. All XBox users are reporting the same issue. Nobody knows the cause, but ZOS are aware of it. Its not you, its the Voice chat server(s). On Xbox now, we all have to use XBox Live Party chat instead of the ingame chat. There is nothing you can do that will make the slightest difference.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    I have the game on xbox one and PS4 and I can tell you this: every time new patches came out they seemed to compile on each other a bit. After a year I ran into similar issues you have. I uninstalled and reinstalled and the file, while still large, was slightly smaller and the game (while always somewhat laggy anyway) ran smoother. So, while time consuming, I would at least try it.
  • veerlen
    veerlen
    I have also a issue i did buy summerset on disc i have morrowind also and the original game on disc but summerset the ps4 dont recognize it it start the game that's itbutstillask for summerset I don't get it of. My PS4. I try to delete the hole game and reinstall but nothing HELP!