The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Charity Crafting Writs

Amorpho
Amorpho
✭✭✭✭
So, I am making a ton of money selling these on X1 EU. I sell them super fast at 40-60k each. Initially I wanted to farm them for the skin (which is actually pretty) but I couldn't resist making an easy million out of this event. I reckon prices are going to come down as people start completing the achievement. Maybe that's when I'm going to stop sell them and farm them for myself. Are you doing the same? How much are you selling them for across platforms?
The Gaming Rev
YouTube channel - https://youtube.com/c/TheGamingRev

Characters

PVE
Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer - Master Crafter
Magicka Templar, Altmer
Magicka Nightblade, Breton
Stamina Nightblade, Khajiit

PVP
Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
Magicka Templar, Altmer
Stamina Templar, Orsimer
Stamina Dragonknight, Dunmer
Stamina Warden, Orsimer

Aldmeri Dominion - 1700+ CP

XboxOne EU
  • Dr3sden
    Dr3sden
    ✭✭✭
    >.> I hope prices go down....
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dr3sden wrote: »
    >.> I hope prices go down....

I've had "debates" with people that demanded much lower prices (in the region of 10k). This means that you can easily acquire a fairly nice skin for 120k. If you think that the Soul Shriven Skin (which is much uglier) sells for anything between 400k and 600k, selling charity writs at 40-50k each is quite reasonable.
    The Gaming Rev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Templar, Altmer

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

XboxOne EU
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've seen people selling the writs for between 25-40k on pc/na. Trying to at least.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amorpho wrote: »
    So, I am making a ton of money selling these on X1 EU. I sell them super fast at 40-60k each. Initially I wanted to farm them for the skin (which is actually pretty) but I couldn't resist making an easy million out of this event. I reckon prices are going to come down as people start completing the achievement. Maybe that's when I'm going to stop sell them and farm them for myself. Are you doing the same? How much are you selling them for across platforms?

I bet you are.

Players who made an alliance of alts to increase their gold income are being served a special treat this event.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 15, 2018 11:36AM
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did get the crystal frost skin within first 24 hours of event, now I do dailys and send the writs to less lucky guildies ... F**k capitalism.
    Edited by Jamdarius on December 15, 2018 12:30PM
  • Dextail
    Dextail
    ✭✭✭
    Considering how boring the event is, I’m suprised people have the patience to farm it. I’ve heard the drop rate is ***.

Prices will drop they always do as demand lowers and stocks increase. I’m just gonna but these things. Not wasting hours of my day doing these on all my toons. Waste of time
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny how peeps already dropping 100k or more on a writ, and there are 20 days worth of this event. Lazy peeps... their gold, though. $$$ Ha ha ha
  • TeamSeinfeld
    TeamSeinfeld
    ✭✭✭
    I’m on NA PS4. Sold two today for 30k each. First day, I linked a writ on zone chat, no price listed. A million “HM?” popped up immediately. Didn’t really know the value. Someone offered 100k. Done! Nobody has offered that much since.
  • EphemeraCrawford
    EphemeraCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do the charity writs use up furniture crafting mats? I'm saving mine and don't want to waste them
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    7 characters, 3 days and I got my 12 for the skin. Now farming for selling. Tbh I don't care if the prices drop I will still get a few thousand from them.
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do the charity writs use up furniture crafting mats? I'm saving mine and don't want to waste them

Yes, green item writs only have you craft one item. White item writs have you craft 12, and so will use up 12 furnishing mats.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • EphemeraCrawford
    EphemeraCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, green item writs only have you craft one item. White item writs have you craft 12, and so will use up 12 furnishing mats.

Well bugger that! I have houses to furnish. :#
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I have done two charity writs. One writ used 4 heartwood, 9 pitch, and 5 nickel. The other used 12 regulus and 24 nickel.

I think this new achievement is partly designed to get furnishing crafting materials out of the economy.
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you actually find them easily in the guild stores on console? My RNG is so terrible, I only have 2 writs from about 80 boxes so far.
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    msetten wrote: »
    How do you actually find them easily in the guild stores on console? My RNG is so terrible, I only have 2 writs from about 80 boxes so far.

Most are just selling through zone chat, but they are generally for 30-90k Guild stores are probably just selling out too quickly
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    It's funny how peeps already dropping 100k or more on a writ, and there are 20 days worth of this event. Lazy peeps... their gold, though. $$$ Ha ha ha

They are my target lol I'll buy 12 on the last couple of day of the event for a fraction of the price ;)
    The Gaming Rev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Templar, Altmer

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

XboxOne EU
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using mine to work towards the achieve first. I'll sell what I get later.
    I'm in a position where I can't guarantee if I'll be able to obtain my 9 boxes every day for the whole event (waaaay too lazy to do it on multiple chars) and so I'd rather nab my skin before I start selling 'em.
    Edited by RogueShark on December 17, 2018 10:49AM
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.