The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to repair whilst taking damage / standing in ground dots etc. Animation starts then cancels

Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
As per the title.

Appears that doors / walls can no longer be repaired if there are ground dots (or you get hit). Especially noticeable on doors.

Unsure if it's intentional I thought the only change to this system was going to be preventing interupt immunity from applying to repairs.
@Solar_Breeze
NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I reported this issue yesterday, but in relation to repairing siege weapons. Seems like repairs in general are bugged out when taking damage.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/443588/siege-repairs-cancelled-upon-taking-damage-murkmire/p1
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    This is actually working as intended, as mentioned in the Update 20 patch notes:

"Using a Repair Kit on keeps, siege, doors, milegates or bridges can now be interrupted even when CC immune."
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is actually working as intended, as mentioned in the Update 20 patch notes:

"Using a Repair Kit on keeps, siege, doors, milegates or bridges can now be interrupted even when CC immune."

Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno :)

I understood the patch notes to mean that a player can physically bash me or crushing shock interupt (take an action to interrupt). Currently taking any damage seems to interrupt the animation and prevent repair.

Test condition: with a door down fire a scattershot siege between the door (not hitting the frame) then try and repair whilst standing in this.
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno :)

I understood the patch notes to mean that a player can physically bash me or crushing shock interupt (take an action to interrupt). Currently taking any damage seems to interrupt the animation and prevent repair.

Test condition: with a door down fire a scattershot siege between the door (not hitting the frame) then try and repair whilst standing in this.

Unless the patch note really wanted to say that taking damage is considered you are being "interrupted" (like how you used to prevent players from burning camps.)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently they're treating wall/door repair like node harvesting: Even the slightest little attack from a daedrat will distract your full heavy armor wearing, CP810, buffed out, daedra-slaughtering warrior from doing the most menial of tasks.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Apparently they're treating wall/door repair like node harvesting: Even the slightest little attack from a daedrat will distract your full heavy armor wearing, CP810, buffed out, daedra-slaughtering warrior from doing the most menial of tasks.

I guess it is worth a real life test! Ok start mixing concrete, and placing a layer of bricks to form a small wall. During this task, fight an MMA fighter while he completes his combos.

Let us know how far you get and make sure to video record the results!
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Feric51 wrote: »

I guess it is worth a real life test! Ok start mixing concrete, and placing a layer of bricks to form a small wall. During this task, fight an MMA fighter while he completes his combos.

Let us know how far you get and make sure to video record the results!

I appreciate your inspiring request to make me a viral YouTube star, but...

Fortunately, in real life, I have to neither repair a large fortress wall, nor fight off Ken Shamrock while doing so. Were my attacker Ray Mysterio, and my task at hand simply mending a wooden dog-eared fence, I might have a puncher's chance, however.

But to my other point. If a small rodent decided to nip at my leg while I was in the process of plucking a valuable columbine plant out of the ground. I do believe I could finish my botanical collection before dealing with the pesky ankle-biter. Unlike my current situation in ESO which does not permit that.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    OG Bruno is aware. There are few people that i hold anywhere near the respect i hold for Gina. I remember sitting in a team speak in the old days with a bunch of super meta nerds who were raging over the changes to the game soon to come. And they were raging and she just came in told them how it was that it is what it is. OG Gina has no fear. So much respect for her after that haha.Thats what her @ should be, it should be @OG_Bruno haha
    Edited by killahsin on November 2, 2018 4:36PM
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Could you confirm if this mechanic is intended?
    @Solar_Breeze
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Correct. The change to make it interrupt-able even when CC immune will also mean repairing can be interrupted from taking damage. This does not prevent the ability to repair while you're "in combat", but does mean the avoidance of taking damage is now necessary. We are monitoring how this effects keep capture/loss patterns and overall Cyrodiil flow.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Current state:
    1. Keep door 80% I stay inside and repair. An enemy player cast an AOE outside infront of the keep door. This AOE hits me behind a closed door? Is this intended?

2. A keep wall has 2 level. An enemy sorc on upper level use "Streak. This stuns me on the lower level. There's a wall between him and me.Is this intended?
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interrupts should be interrupts, i.e a deliberate decision to use a bash, CC, or dedicated interrupt skill (like Crushing Shock). It's part of the play/counterplay dynamic.

Having ALL damage prevent a repair is just nonsensical. The only time I'd want to use a siege repair kit is when my siege engine is UNDER FIRE AND TAKING DAMAGE, which is now the exact scenario in which i CANNOT use said kit.

In the end it just means I place more replacement siege instead of repairing damaged ones, so no diff to me ultimately. But this new system has made the siege repair mechanic nearly obsolete, and that's bad design.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct. The change to make it interrupt-able even when CC immune will also mean repairing can be interrupted from taking damage. This does not prevent the ability to repair while you're "in combat", but does mean the avoidance of taking damage is now necessary. We are monitoring how this effects keep capture/loss patterns and overall Cyrodiil flow.

Welcome back to the forums Brian! we missed ya!
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_BrianWheeler thanks for clarifying.

So essentially we currently have the following interrupt mechanics in game:

1. Repairing Doors/Walls/ gathering skyshards - Interrupted by taking any form of damage & negate even if immune
    2. Picking up scrolls - taking damage & negate (depending on what stage of picking up the scroll you are at), bash, interrupt abilities, cc abilities also unable to pick it up if you attacked someone within the last ? seconds.
    3. Placing siege/Ressing other players - Interrupted by interrupt abilities, bash, and negate even if cc immune and cc's if not immune
    3. Burning siege - interrupted only when not cc immune by interrupt abilities & bash
    4. Channelled abilities #1 such as meditate/darkdeal/beam/cfrag - Interrupted by interrupt abilities and cc's but only if not cc immune and negate.
    5. Channelled abilities#2 such as jabs - only by cc abilities if not immune or negate.
    6. Channelled abilities #3 such as soul assault & bow ulti - not interrupt-able.

It would be really helpful if when implementing a change to one of these areas if we could know what the intended level of interrupt checking is because just:

I assumed this was making repair kits similar to '3. ressing/placing siege' rather than similar to '2. picking up scrolls.'
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on December 15, 2018 2:16PM
    @Solar_Breeze