The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Ok. I give up. I tap out. How do I get to the event if I have never been there?

• Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    One of the most enjoyable parts of the events is finding my way around with newer characters that haven't explored the areas before. Post One Tamriel it's both a doddle and rewarding.

I was having fun until it became frustration. First two hours was a blast, third hour getting tire being 3am and flustered. LOL
    Aurielle wrote: »
    ... you spent 60,000 gold to get to Eastmarch?

Oh, honey. *shakes head*

Just travel to someone in your guild...

At least I have a house now that is not an Inn. :disappointed:

Thank you everyone. I didn't know I could use guilds. I totally forgot I signed up for a guild since I play ESO as if it was a single player game. I was luck someone was there.

I really appreciate all the help everyone gave me.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need me a guild rooster sooo bad...

mosjoen-chicken.png
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odovacar wrote: »
    This is what happens when PC players come over to consoles...Where's me addon to tell me what to do and when to do it and how much time I have to do it.... >:)>:)>:)>:):p

Oh you mean like TES:Morrowind. :wink:

Yeah Bethesda dumbed me down real good. :)

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    myskyrim26 wrote: »
    @Davor
    I experienced exactly the same during my first New Life Festival. I travelled by foot, no mount, no wayshrines discovered. It was terrible. Than I figured out the quickest way to get to places: a guild rooster. You need to go to Betnik? Open a rooster, find somone on Betnik and travel to him. A lot of guilds a recruiting now, so you can easily find one. Also, if you don't know where a place is exactly, you can ask in a chat: where's Bergama? They will say: Alikr. Now you open a rooster and find someone in Alikr and port. It is a crazy long job for the first time, but only the first. Next day you'll have all wayshrines open. Just give it a try.

Great tip. I don't know how the social aspect of the game works. I will try and remember this for next time. That is unless my gold fish super powers kick in. Thank you that.

• myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Davor
    When porting through a rooster, you don't need to ask that person - just port. Also, if the game will say that it is impossible to port, it just means that a person is travelling, too. Find another and try once more. I created a new char today - no wayshrines known, and it took me 1-2 minutes to port through all quests in this way. I hope this will help. Good luck!
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »

mosjoen-chicken.png

I ***-a-doodle-do, too.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Type in zone chat (or whatever console equivalent is): "help I'm a noob, can someone please port me to the event tent?"

This is exactly what I was going to type minus the noob part. I started a few months ago and getting to Eastmarch is not possible without going through a long line of quests, you have to get through the Rift first and you can't get to EM without doing a quest or so in EM. I finally did just that, I asked for a port to EastMarch in zone chat and was there in minutes.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    Tandor wrote: »
    One of the most enjoyable parts of the events is finding my way around with newer characters that haven't explored the areas before. Post One Tamriel it's both a doddle and rewarding.

I was having fun until it became frustration. First two hours was a blast, third hour getting tire being 3am and flustered. LOL
    Aurielle wrote: »
    ... you spent 60,000 gold to get to Eastmarch?

Oh, honey. *shakes head*

Just travel to someone in your guild...

At least I have a house now that is not an Inn. :disappointed:

Thank you everyone. I didn't know I could use guilds. I totally forgot I signed up for a guild since I play ESO as if it was a single player game. I was luck someone was there.

I really appreciate all the help everyone gave me.

I assume you understand the map system, and I'm talking default UI not addons as I don't use them. No way should following a map from Davon's Watch to Breda take that amount of time! If you use the world map to get a rough zonal progression then the zone maps will show which roads you need to take from entering the zone to exiting it for the next one. I tend to run rather than ride because I'm harvesting as I go, but of course a role-player will take longer if walking.

However, I accept that we're all different, and as a pointer to some here - not everyone belongs to a guild. Fortunately, it seems that the OP does, albeit he'd forgotten that he did.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join a guild. Look at roster. Travel to player.

Or text chat in zone. Ask for a taxi. Join group. Travel to player. Tip your cab driver.
    Edited by Gnortranermara on December 14, 2018 10:39PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Type in zone chat (or whatever console equivalent is): "help I'm a noob, can someone please port me to the event tent?"

This is exactly what I was going to type minus the noob part. I started a few months ago and getting to Eastmarch is not possible without going through a long line of quests, you have to get through the Rift first and you can't get to EM without doing a quest or so in EM. I finally did just that, I asked for a port to EastMarch in zone chat and was there in minutes.

Um. I didn't do any quests in either place. There are boats that take you to Riften. From Riften it's not far to Eastmarch on the roads. I got every one of my girls to both places pretty early - like maybe level 10 or so.... Skyrim nostalgia FTW!
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think of the docks as a transit train, you can't get to your destination directly but instead you had to have stop overs from places near your destination.
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • AnonomissX
    AnonomissX
    ✭✭✭✭
    myskyrim26 wrote: »
    @Davor
    I experienced exactly the same during my first New Life Festival. I travelled by foot, no mount, no wayshrines discovered. It was terrible. Than I figured out the quickest way to get to places: a guild rooster. You need to go to Betnik? Open a rooster, find somone on Betnik and travel to him. A lot of guilds a recruiting now, so you can easily find one. Also, if you don't know where a place is exactly, you can ask in a chat: where's Bergama? They will say: Alikr. Now you open a rooster and find someone in Alikr and port. It is a crazy long job for the first time, but only the first. Next day you'll have all wayshrines open. Just give it a try.

if you keep opening all your roosters, your hens will never lay eggs!
    Ebonheart Pact, Nord Templar/healer on NA Xbox server. My main toon WAS a tall and foxy redhead - now she has been gamma-irradiated and has green skin and black hair. 3 other characters I only use for writs. Can't be bothered to create multiple toons - EXCEPT now my WW is getting spooled up for Cyrodiil - Blood For The Pact! IRL cranky sometimes redhead chick at large in Las Vegas, NV
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can actually walk all the way there from Stonefalls without using any wayshrines, do any quests or any other some such.

Stonefalls -> The Rift -> Eastmarch

You can pick up the trail at any point and walk the whole way ...
    smile.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on December 15, 2018 12:17AM
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others said, guild roster. Currently everyone and their mother is doing the new life festival quests, you will find there constantly multiple guild mates in Eastmarch.... I don't even bother to go to a wayshrine when I'm done with a quest, just port to the first member in Eastmarch and usually end up right at Breda ;)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new life quest giver is in Eastmarch, just south of Windhelm.

If you're starting at Davons Watch, head out and go all the way West then turn north to the very northwest corner of the zone. There should be Fort Virak "seemingly" blocking your path. However you can just bypass the fort entirely. Approach along the north end of the fort walls, head down into the gully the bridge goes over, pass underneath and there should be a path that takes you back upward to the opposite end of the bridge. Congrats, youre on the road to the Rift.

Once in the Rift, head north through or past Riften. There will be this fort in your path, the doors are open though, just run right through ignoring the npc's. Keep going direct north and slightly east once you hit a road. There will now be the entrance to Eastmarch.

Once in Eastmarch, just go direct north toward Windhelm. Nothing will be blocking your way. The giver is just north of a wayshrine.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh Lord, takes what 5 min (maybe) to hoof it from Davon's Watch up north to Breda's tent?
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh. I couldn't find any way to get through from Fort Virak.... Now I'll have to go back and check again!
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Huh. I couldn't find any way to get through from Fort Virak.... Now I'll have to go back and check again!
    @Sylvermynx
    You don't need to go through the fort, you can just go around it on the east side, cross under the north bridge and up into the Rift.
    smile.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on December 15, 2018 12:44AM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    @Sylvermynx
    You don't need to go through the fort, you can just go around it on the east side, cross under the north bridge and up into the Rift.
    smile.gif

Ah. That makes sense then.... thank you kind SirAndy!
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Davor Which house did you buy, that was 60k? I'm genuinely curious because I can only find a 250k house and would really like a faster way to port using a house ^^;
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ride your horse, you can get to every zone excluding Coldharbour that way
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Davor Which house did you buy, that was 60k? I'm genuinely curious because I can only find a 250k house and would really like a faster way to port using a house ^^;

The house is in the Rift, called Autumn's gate. From there I was able to walk since I couldn't to it as I described before so poorly. :)

It was the only way I could figure it out by myself on the PC. Since I didn't have the funds on Xbox to do it, I tried a different way till became no fun and frustrating, so hence why I asked here.

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odovacar wrote: »
    This is what happens when PC players come over to consoles...Where's me addon to tell me what to do and when to do it and how much time I have to do it.... >:)>:)>:)>:):p

the length some people go to trying to sneer all over addons with false sense of superiority... amazing. you don't need addons to understand how maps/carvans/boats work.

dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    I tried. I spent hours trying to do it on my own. I can't do it. I give up. I need to ask how it's done. On PC I was able to cheat because I had enough gold to buy the 60 000 house and get there from there. Since I am getting back to playing on Xbox, I don't have enough gold to do so. I spent half the night about 3 or so hours, trying and I can't find a way to get in there. When in Morrowind (no Vvardenfell) I tried going that way, but it seems a building/city/town blocks my path and I can't get it. I went on both sides of it, left and right, and went down into the cavern below and I am assuming the only way in is the bridge where I can't get access to. I tried jumping but I can't get over the wall.

Is there another way to get it that I can't figure out? I am stuck. Even though I can't get the Indirk I would still like to get the tickets or tokens (forget what they are called) for next time.

So how can I get to the Winter event so I can take part and not do the quest that I think takes a few hours to do. If I have to do the quest, then I will, I just want to make sure I am not wasting my time since I don't even know what quest it is that will let me in.

i'm surprised that this wasn't the first half dozen responses to the OP. Yes there are lots of different ways to get there from here, but the above is simply the easiest, especially during holiday events like this...

As far as the entry quest is concerned, once you get there, you simply have a conversation with the pavilion keeper, Breda. After that, you continue to speak with her and she will keep giving you daily quests, one at a time, until you exhaust the entire 9 quests for the day. The quests themselves are not hard or lengthy, although a couple of the achievements, may be difficult to do without assistance. Also, they do take you all over much of the Tamriel map, 9 different zones actually, so you'll need additional assistance once you initiate the festival for yourself, so the idea of making friends through chat, and/or joining a social guild will go a long way to help you through the event. Due to the wayshrine aspect, your first time through the quests will take longer, until you open up the wayshrines that you need. But then subsequently, the quests will go much faster the following days, as you can jump directly to them and get accustomed to them. Finally, if you're recent to the platform, then possibly the best aspect for you is the reusable mug that you get from Breda. It is a 2 hour 100% XP buff that you can simply refresh every 2 hours, so that you can have unlimited and constant buff for the entire event for the next 2 weeks. This buff also stacks with XP potions and scrolls as well, so that's another perk, because then you're buffing your buff, so to speak.

• Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »

mosjoen-chicken.png

Thank you, reading through the thread already had me chuckling (nothing to do with the OP's plight), I am now crying with laughter and that is completely awesome D:
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i'm surprised that this wasn't the first half dozen responses to the OP. Yes there are lots of different ways to get there from here, but the above is simply the easiest, especially during holiday events like this...

As far as the entry quest is concerned, once you get there, you simply have a conversation with the pavilion keeper, Breda. After that, you continue to speak with her and she will keep giving you daily quests, one at a time, until you exhaust the entire 9 quests for the day. The quests themselves are not hard or lengthy, although a couple of the achievements, may be difficult to do without assistance. Also, they do take you all over much of the Tamriel map, 9 different zones actually, so you'll need additional assistance once you initiate the festival for yourself, so the idea of making friends through chat, and/or joining a social guild will go a long way to help you through the event. Due to the wayshrine aspect, your first time through the quests will take longer, until you open up the wayshrines that you need. But then subsequently, the quests will go much faster the following days, as you can jump directly to them and get accustomed to them. Finally, if you're recent to the platform, then possibly the best aspect for you is the reusable mug that you get from Breda. It is a 2 hour 100% XP buff that you can simply refresh every 2 hours, so that you can have unlimited and constant buff for the entire event for the next 2 weeks. This buff also stacks with XP potions and scrolls as well, so that's another perk, because then you're buffing your buff, so to speak.

[/quote]

Wait, what? I can do this 9 times? I only did it once. I thought it was once per account so I left after completing it. Oh man my head is spinning. Now I think I get it. This is two events in one correct? I thought once you do the event you get your ticket to get the feather and that was it. I just thought it was an event to lead into the holidays.

Thank you so much. Man have I gotten things wrong LOL. So to make clear is this 9 times a day, and that is it or 9 times a day per character?

So if I can do this over and over each day, that is a lot of loot if I can handle to doing this. What do I do when I get stuff that are the same but account bound? Can we sell them to vendors or give them away to anyone who wants it like the mud balls or sugar swords or what ever they are called?

Again thank yo so much for posting @Kingslayer513 I didn't know this stuff. Some of it I did, but other stuff I didn't.

At least these events are getting me to be more social now. After you guys told me how to get there, someone needed to go somewhere where they were not before, and I said, "give me a sec let me change my character and I will go there for you".

Man I have been missing out. It was nice to do a favour for someone.

• IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Davor
    Breda gives you character 9 quests in total. Each quest is in a different zone. Some of the quests are in multiple locations within that zone. Once the character has completed those 9 quests, they are done for the day and must wait till the next day to repeat the same 9 quests. However, you can do the quests with each character that you have.

Any duplicates you get that are account bound can be sold, traded or banked as desired.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Davor
    I didn't see your platform in your bio.
    If you are PC/NA, get hold of me in-game @Wenchmore420.
    Our guild will be MORE than happy to help you out..
    Huzzah!!!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest joining a large trading guild. These are the best for porting to people in places you need to go.

I'm currently playing on my alt account and have had no trouble travelling to players in a guild. Someone is always somewhere you need to be.

Plus, once you finally make it to Eastmarch and you think it's all over, you'll realise you have to travel to several other places across Tamriel.

Good luck.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Agobi
    Agobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boats and navigators and ports...bah humbug!

In my day we had to walk all the way there ,barefoot,in the snow, uphill both ways.......kids today have it too easy ;)