The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ok. I give up. I tap out. How do I get to the event if I have never been there?

Davor
Davor
✭✭✭✭✭
I tried. I spent hours trying to do it on my own. I can't do it. I give up. I need to ask how it's done. On PC I was able to cheat because I had enough gold to buy the 60 000 house and get there from there. Since I am getting back to playing on Xbox, I don't have enough gold to do so. I spent half the night about 3 or so hours, trying and I can't find a way to get in there. When in Morrowind (no Vvardenfell) I tried going that way, but it seems a building/city/town blocks my path and I can't get it. I went on both sides of it, left and right, and went down into the cavern below and I am assuming the only way in is the bridge where I can't get access to. I tried jumping but I can't get over the wall.

Is there another way to get it that I can't figure out? I am stuck. Even though I can't get the Indirk I would still like to get the tickets or tokens (forget what they are called) for next time.

So how can I get to the Winter event so I can take part and not do the quest that I think takes a few hours to do. If I have to do the quest, then I will, I just want to make sure I am not wasting my time since I don't even know what quest it is that will let me in.
Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are boats that take you there, you can walk from zone to zone, or you can ask some one for a port.
  • Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    You go to the navigator (Anchor symbol) each one takes you to different places- for free. Take the one to eastMarch

You need to do 1 quest each day for Breda - when you turn in the 1st quest completed each day, you will get an event ticket.
    Edited by Tabatha on December 14, 2018 8:34PM
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried the boats. It lead me to Devon's Watch and from there the white indicator told me to go to where I got stuck. Will try again and look for East March.

Thank you so much the both of you. Will be back if I did something wrong.

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to go to it
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are you part of any guilds? For my new characters I've been abusing guild roster to get around to the locations. If not, usually you can ask in zone chat and see if someone will provide a port for you.

If you wanted to do it an in-game way, you can take a boat to Mournhold, then Shadowfen, and then Eastmarch. That should get you to Windhelm. Most docks have a boat that goes to the capitols of each Alliance.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little confused about which event you're talking about, but if it's the New Life Festival......

Go to the Crown Store / Featured tab. Find the free item for the New Life Scroll. Buy it, and then check your inventory for the item. Use it, and you'll start getting quest markers. Travel to Eastmarch and talk to the NPC, and you've completed the quest and received your first reward box. Do one of her random daily quests, and you'll get another reward box as well as a Mystery Box (1 per day) and an event ticket (1 per day).
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, there's the inter-zone travel NPCs. Use one of the inter-faction ones to get to any zone in Ebonheart Pact, then use the zone travel ones to get to Windhelm.

(I got to Rawl'ka this way. Wayshrined to Grahtwood, then talked to the travel NPC to go to Greenshade -> Malabel Tor -> Reaper's March.)
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on December 14, 2018 8:35PM
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO_GOD wrote: »
    You have to go to it

Just reread what I said. I should have said, "How do I get there?".

• Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couple things. Are you in any guilds? You can travel to players in the right zones via the guild roster and/or friends list even. Or you can ask for ports in the zone you are in. You will need to do a fair bit of porting around, since the quests are all in different zones. Even if you only do 1 a day, you might need to go to a different place every day. But they are fairly quick quests and you get reward boxes for them. Once per day you also get a reward box from the last event too.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    I'm a little confused about which event you're talking about, but if it's the New Life Festival......

Yes that is what I was talking about. I have super powers. Sadly I have super powers of a gold fish. I have a very bad memory.

• heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Btw, I remember the very first New Life. I had no idea what I was doing, had few friends, and no guild. I ran one of my characters through all the zones on the road to get to that poor tent. She was exhausted. lol
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Claire
    Claire
    ✭✭✭
    It's a two-boat hop: Take the boat from Davon's Watch to Riften. In Riften take the boat to Windhelm (Eastmarch). Short walk/ride from the boat.
    Edited by Claire on December 14, 2018 8:39PM
  • Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    The boatswain Falvis Rarsam will take you to east march from The Rift (probably from Stonefalls as well, it’s the same guy).
    Stonefalls Falvis will take you to The Rift, just in case.
  • Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    You can get everywhere in the game without doing quests or help - except Coldharbor. I have yet to figure out how to get there without porting or doing the storyline.
  • tspecherb14_ESO
    tspecherb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Boat to Windhelm. Walk or ride to area just south of Windhelm. All alliances have boat travel to the others. Then once in the correct alliance, ask the navigator to take you to Eastmarch (Windhelm).
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel terrible for OP. Once they finally get to Eastmarch, THEN they have to try and get to 9 other different places with the daily event quests.

If I didn't have a guild roster to use as free transport on my alts, I wouldn't even bother. LOL
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the most enjoyable parts of the events is finding my way around with newer characters that haven't explored the areas before. Post One Tamriel it's both a doddle and rewarding.
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps this will help. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Navigators

Each alliance has 5 zones that are ideally played in a specific order. The navigator in a specific zone can take you to the previous zone, the next zone or a zone at the same "level" in one of the other alliances.

It may require talking to one navigator, going to a zone, talking to the navigator in that zone, and repeating the process depending upon how far away from the destination one may be. In this process, if one wishes, nearby wayshrines can also be unlocked.

Many prefer to "hitch a ride" with another player as it can be less time consuming provided another player going to that location or already in that location can be found.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    I tried. I spent hours trying to do it on my own. I can't do it. I give up. I need to ask how it's done. On PC I was able to cheat because I had enough gold to buy the 60 000 house and get there from there. Since I am getting back to playing on Xbox, I don't have enough gold to do so. I spent half the night about 3 or so hours, trying and I can't find a way to get in there. When in Morrowind (no Vvardenfell) I tried going that way, but it seems a building/city/town blocks my path and I can't get it. I went on both sides of it, left and right, and went down into the cavern below and I am assuming the only way in is the bridge where I can't get access to. I tried jumping but I can't get over the wall.

Is there another way to get it that I can't figure out? I am stuck. Even though I can't get the Indirk I would still like to get the tickets or tokens (forget what they are called) for next time.

So how can I get to the Winter event so I can take part and not do the quest that I think takes a few hours to do. If I have to do the quest, then I will, I just want to make sure I am not wasting my time since I don't even know what quest it is that will let me in.

lol jeeze i guess i take a lot for granted in this game sometimes. I feel bad that you're having such an issue.

So you can go through stonefalls to the rift to eastmarch (at least you used to be able to, i doubt they would change that)...

However you can also use different boats. If you are in stonefalls go to davons watch and look for the anchor near the dock.. There are a few anchors so you want to find the one that says travel to the rift, the captain should be Falvis Raram. Once you get to the rift go to the anchor again, with the same captain, and travel to eastmarch. And from there all you have to do is head out of the city and up to the event near the kynesgrove wayshrine.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing's changed, you can still run from Davon's Watch to Breda. The advantage of doing it that way rather than via boats or friends is that you pick up wayshrines along the way as well as having the odd fight (scaled as normal}, chest and harvesting node etc. It's called "playing the game" rather than "taking shortcuts" :smile: !

Besides, once you've spoken to Breda you're going to have the same issue with all her quests, assuming you haven't been to all the locations concerned. They're all on the map, getting there the first time is all part of the fun!
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tabatha wrote: »
    The boatswain Falvis Rarsam will take you to east march from The Rift (probably from Stonefalls as well, it’s the same guy).
    Stonefalls Falvis will take you to The Rift, just in case.

Yup, and nope (not from Stonefalls). Falvis will will only take you to zones in order (forward or reverse), and to the equivalent cross-factional zone (<- Deshaan <-> Stormhaven <-> Grahtwood ->). So for EP (New Life Quest Zones in bold):

<- Stonefalls <-> Deshaan <-> Shadowfen <-> Eastmarch <-> The Rift ->

Same with all the alliance navigators. There are also separate navigators to get to starter zones (you may need one to get the Betnikh), and to get to DLC zones.

For reference AD is:
    <- Auridon <-> Grahtwood <-> Greenshade <-> Malabol Tor <-> Reapers March ->

DC is:
    <- Glenumbra <-> Stormhaven <-> Rivenspire <-> Alik'r <-> Bangkorai ->
    Edited by Number_51 on December 14, 2018 9:25PM
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you ever actually played the game?
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What 60,000 gold house...? O__o the only house there costs 250,000 as far as I know... or the crown store house that is 4000+
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Map here helped me greatly:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Transport
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »

... you spent 60,000 gold to get to Eastmarch?

Oh, honey. *shakes head*

Just travel to someone in your guild...
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been around since 2014 and not read or used the navigators....
    Edited by Ragnork on December 15, 2018 6:05PM
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is what happens when PC players come over to consoles...Where's me addon to tell me what to do and when to do it and how much time I have to do it.... >:)>:)>:)>:):p
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Type in zone chat (or whatever console equivalent is): "help I'm a noob, can someone please port me to the event tent?"
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Davor
    I experienced exactly the same during my first New Life Festival. I travelled by foot, no mount, no wayshrines discovered. It was terrible. Than I figured out the quickest way to get to places: a guild rooster. You need to go to Betnik? Open a rooster, find somone on Betnik and travel to him. A lot of guilds a recruiting now, so you can easily find one. Also, if you don't know where a place is exactly, you can ask in a chat: where's Bergama? They will say: Alikr. Now you open a rooster and find someone in Alikr and port. It is a crazy long job for the first time, but only the first. Next day you'll have all wayshrines open. Just give it a try.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Travel to a guild mate. Trading guilds and large social guilds are great for that.