Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What makes you buy an item from luxary vendor?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Is it the price?
Resell value?
The set look for week?
Need for house?
Or something else?
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    latest?cb=20150515175159
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    latest?cb=20150515175159

This :D
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do I have the housing slots for this item or do I like it better than the item I'm going to have to remove from the house to make room for it?

Yes, I realize ZOS blamed console performance for housing slot limitations, but more housing slots would still be nice :)
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 9, 2018 11:28PM
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I will buy it if I want to use it.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only buy things that I want for my houses.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    “Does it look unique and interesting?”
    “Would I use it?”
    “Is it reasonably priced?”

If it checks two of three then I’ll buy it
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not found anything compelling at the vendor for a long time, and I can easily afford anything offered.

Part of it is the lack of furniture storage. I have said before that bound furniture that is not placed in a home should not take up inventory space. The lack of this has to impact crown store sales to some degree since storage in this game has always been among the worst I have seen (and I am ESO+) with furniture to this significant pinch point.

Especially among ESO+ members unlimited furniture storage seems like a no brainer if Zos does not want to do unlimited bound furniture storage for all.

It would be like the crafting bag so it should not be to complicated to add either.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i like it and it suits one of my houses ill get it.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I have not found anything compelling at the vendor for a long time, and I can easily afford anything offered.

Part of it is the lack of furniture storage. I have said before that bound furniture that is not placed in a home should not take up inventory space. The lack of this has to impact crown store sales to some degree since storage in this game has always been among the worst I have seen (and I am ESO+) with furniture to this significant pinch point.

Especially among ESO+ members unlimited furniture storage seems like a no brainer if Zos does not want to do unlimited bound furniture storage for all.

It would be like the crafting bag so it should not be to complicated to add either.

I don't see the reasoning behind this either, but I wanted a forge in my house anyway so i bought kragenhome for 70k and use that as a 200 slot storage shed
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I buys things I think primarily on if it matches my personal aesthetic tastes. Tho many times I buy items based off what I think I might use them for - can they be turned, twisted, flipped, or combined with other things to make fun looking additions to my homes.

I think I bought WAY too much of all the dwarven stuff just because I think it's pretty but also because the big globey things have potential as fun machinery and I just love how that brass glows in candlelight.

It's very rare that I will buy an item specifically to hold onto it to sell later. I'd make a terrible businesswoman. lol
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭
    I buys things I think primarily on if it matches my personal aesthetic tastes. Tho many times I buy items based off what I think I might use them for - can they be turned, twisted, flipped, or combined with other things to make fun looking additions to my homes.

I think I bought WAY too much of all the dwarven stuff just because I think it's pretty but also because the big globey things have potential as fun machinery and I just love how that brass glows in candlelight.

It's very rare that I will buy an item specifically to hold onto it to sell later. I'd make a terrible businesswoman. lol

Pretty much this for me too...if it looks cool and isn't ridiculously overpriced I'll buy it! I don't buy things just to sell them later either. I don't like the torture/gross/bones/primal stuff, so I simply don't buy it. :smile: Having a spot in a house for it right then and there isn't important to me, I'll definitely hang onto things for future use.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rarity items is why i browse and purchase.
    i am always looking for rare items to place on display in my home.
  • Asha_11_ESO
    Asha_11_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If an item matches the particular aesthetic of one of my homes I'll snatch it up regardless of price.

Several homes are just jumbled piles of furniture storage. Every now and then I get the urge to go on a week long decorating bender, and rearrange a home to better fit in items I love that I've collected, or create some new, fun room or arrangement in my home.

• Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the first things I do when I see a new piece of furniture there is think: How would it look if you sunk parts of it in a wall, would it be interesting to have it turned upside down?^^ Such things I am curious about - preview does not offer 360° turning, so I need to buy it (mostly) to see for myself. Thats why I also buy things I don't have immediate use for - I will need them some day, I just know it. Of course I also appreciate nice furniture that you just place as it is ;)

TBH the predictability of what the luxury vendor will have is both good and bad.
    I think by now the time has come that ZOS treat the luxury vendor like the master writ guy - give him a helper for the old furniture each week, and let him have a whole set of new furniture each week.
    There's so many wonderful furniture we do not get to explore if its just always those same themes of furniture.

I loved the thrill of that first year of his existence, every weekend was a complete surprise package^^
    PC/EU
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I buy them when I thibk they´ll look nice and be a nice addition for my home.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only buy items I like or think I might use in a future home. I don't buy to resell.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thing is I need to remember the vendor is there.

Then I have to get up there during the weekend.

Finally, if all the stars align, I look at the inventory and if it's cool I will buy it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Visermmy wrote: »
    What makes you buy an item from luxary vendor?

It's all about the looks ...
    shades.gif
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love or Fear!

Love = if it's just so delicious that I must have it!

Fear = I may not need it, want it, even like it, but what if? What if I find in the future I need it, and don't have it?

About 60% for the love of it. About 40% for the fear. I have a ton of fear items tucked away for "just in case."
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    “Does it look unique and interesting?”
    “Would I use it?”
    “Is it reasonably priced?”

If it checks two of three then I’ll buy it

This right here. I'm actually a little relieved when it's so often not anything I want! LOL
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No love for my in-game gold.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    He has the monopoly on big mammoth skulls and purple glow bushes.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    because I want it and can.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I need to have it, its an impulse buy.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Foxpaw93_ESO
    Foxpaw93_ESO
    ✭✭
    *bathing in luxory furniture*
    Mooooar ono
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the reasoning behind this either, but I wanted a forge in my house anyway so i bought kragenhome for 70k and use that as a 200 slot storage shed
    I'm using Moonmirth the same way. I originally thought my Khajiit would live there, but it's too far from wayshrines etc. So my crafter ports in to rummage from time to time, and then goes direct to another home. Khajiit is now happy at Sleek Creek.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always buy at least one of everything, if only so I can have them on display in my primary. What gets me to buy more tends to be:
    • Resell value - I tend to flip a lot of lux items I buy.
    • If I need it for a specific house
    • If I think I *might* want it down the road.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I love my housing guild and reading chat, but I am primarily a PvPer. So I tend to have very little in common with housing guild members. As a result, I typically don't participate in housing challenges and the like. So, I contribute through donations.

Funny enough, guildies typically want flour more than luxury furniture items. I started crafting for my PvP guild at early release and have absurd amounts of mats. But I also literally have 5+ of every item ever sold on lux vendor other than the 100k tents that I think aren't worth 5k gold... still trying to figure out how to give that stuff away without being scammed by merchants, which has already happened once. Probably will just start donating 1 of everything to the guild auction every couple of months.

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beyond the standard 2-of-each, Noah’s Ark policy that seems to be common, my test for buying a third, fourth, fifth, etc. is:

Can I construct something interesting out of 5, 10, 20, 50 of these and, if so, how many can I afford?
    ;)
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    latest?cb=20150515175159

This :D

Well, and taking pictures for posts here, in group discord and two more places.
    This makes me buy at least one of each item even if I don't really like it. I buy more, if it may be useful for some of my houses (current or future), or can be sold later for a good price, or is cheap. Or I just liked it.

Though, honestly, I forget half of what I have, and I'm too lazy to sell it. And even with villa there's so little space... But gift exchange showed me it can be nice gifts :D
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!