Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unstoppable Spinning Toon again

Romilly
Romilly
✭✭✭
So, this is back. Hasn't happen in a while. Macbook Pro Mid 2015.AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Have to quit the game. And with a 5 min login sequence, a huge pain in the rear. This bug has been around since the forced Mojave upgrade. Please fix.

Trigger condition was clicking on another toon, turning it a bit, then going to another toon.

W
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The troubleshooting steps listed below can help resolve the camera spinning under MacOS Mojave.
    1. Open "System Preferences"
    2. Select "Security & Privacy"
    3. Select the "Privacy" tab
    4. Scroll down and select "Accessibility" on the left
    5. Unlock the menu to allow changes
    6. Either add or uncheck and recheck "ZeniMax Online Studios Launcher"

For the best results, follow these steps after you've logged into character select. You may need to click into the game after checking the option before you lock the menu for the change to take effect.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • krismissee82
    krismissee82
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE Are we going to have to do this every freaking time there is an update? Is there any kind of fix for this in the future instead of a workaround?
    Kaelindi - Stamblade
    Maelindi - Magblade
    Lindi - Magblade healer
    Lindi the Builder - Stamblade
    Lindi Stardust - Magplar
    PC NA
  • demerdecanswrath
    demerdecanswrath
    ✭✭✭
    @ZoS_BillE if your developers don't understand the following you'll never have a good client on the Mac:

Apple has user experience guidelines. They're not optional, they are mandatory. You want to expand your audience and take on competitors by investing on the Mac, but you haven't invested enough. No game should ask for Accessibility permissions, let alone force the players through a buried forum topic to manually allow them every time there's a patch.

You're trying to do the factually impossible, which is to create a top-to-bottom cross-platform client. No.
    Platforms have core differences between them. You have to at least abide by them, or you'll never make the experience seamless enough so both Mac and Windows players experience the game fully, on their own respective platforms.

The more you play by Apple's rules and guidelines, the more you'll gain out of your Mac efforts (just look at Bethesda's own TES Blades). It's a big shame to allow a game with such potential to go to waste on an ever-thriving ecosystem.
    Characters:
    • Arien Larethian (High Elf Templar)
    • Relus Demerdecan (Redguard Dragonknight)
    • Elisia Bonaire (Breton Nightblade)

Proudly playing and producing content on a 2018 15" MacBook Pro.
  • Callah
    Callah
    ✭✭
    You Do Not need to exit the game to fix this known issue (it would be nice if it didn't happen but most likely will happen every time there is a client update)
    1. First step is to enter any static menu: character, inventory, crown store , etc
    2. Second Command M to go into a windowed mode
    3. Finally follow ZOS instructions above to re-register ESO in the System Preferences
    When you get back to the open game the spinning will be gone .... overall not a difficult issue to resolve nor should it receive such a condescending rebuke from Mac users ... we should be able to handle known minor issues without sounding like 5yo
  • krismissee82
    krismissee82
    ✭✭✭
    Callah wrote: »
    (it would be nice if it didn't happen but most likely will happen every time there is a client update)

Here's the thing, it didn't use to happen every time there was an update.

This started with Murkmire. A workaround is fine as a temporary solution, not a permanent one.
    Kaelindi - Stamblade
    Maelindi - Magblade
    Lindi - Magblade healer
    Lindi the Builder - Stamblade
    Lindi Stardust - Magplar
    PC NA
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had to do this after today's patch. Anyone else?
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Mainman99
    Mainman99
    ✭✭✭
    @Wintergreen
    Not on the first char but got the spinning char after first crash....
  • garling
    garling
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    The troubleshooting steps listed below can help resolve the camera spinning under MacOS Mojave.

For the best results, follow these steps after you've logged into character select. You may need to click into the game after checking the option before you lock the menu for the change to take effect.

Thanks for the help now I can play again
  • Wodinn
    Wodinn
    ✭✭✭
    Disabled all add ons and checked accessibility settings. Mouse is spinning on character log in again.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens to me every time I log in on my Mac. Have to uncheck and recheck the boxes. Thankfully I mostly play on PC.
  • ishtr
    ishtr
    So, did the "make sure it's checked, uncheck and check again if it is checked" and that fixed it for about an hour, then upon a loading screen it happened again.

Can this please just get resolved once and for all?
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tried deleting them from permissions , rebooting and adding them from scratch, no success. One time it nearly worked but the mouse only turned left whichever way i moved it.
    This is not great...
  • ishtr
    ishtr
    Yeah, just tried the "fix" five times in a row and still spinning. Got a REAL fix?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @ishtr

If the troubleshooting steps posted above are not stopping your camera from spinning, please go ahead and start a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not helpful
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s a bad look for sure.

ZOS seem to be the only company in my experience who can’t make an app that quits properly and can’t update effectively.

Clearly they also don’t do any testing otherwise they would have dealt with this issue before ‘releasing’ it.

I thought that was the whole point of the PTS server.

Have ANOTHER ticket
  • stealthyevil
    stealthyevil
    ✭✭✭
    And frequent visual tearing etc :(
    Ex-Gf/Steálthy MagNb Destro Spam
    Cliff Racer Spam MagDen Bird Spam
    @stealthyevil

RÁGE RIP
    Venatus
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    error is back again and even on the character selection screen now, where the picture of the toons are spinning...

Edit: re-checking the privacy/accessibility fixed it for me (without closing eso)
    Edited by vgabor on May 20, 2019 7:07PM
  • Atlan_daGonozal
    Atlan_daGonozal
    ✭✭✭
    vgabor wrote: »
    Edit: re-checking the privacy/accessibility fixed it for me (without closing eso)

Thank's. That saved me. Would not want to reload in the intro sequence. Who knows if that works!

• vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems spinning now back with vengeance:

Updated game, 1st start -> spinning
    Re-check privacy/accessibility -> fixed it
    Game crashed, restart -> spinning again
    Re-check privacy/accessibility only for launcher -> fixed it.

The interesting part, when the game crashed, the launcher didn't, so I started the game 2nd time from the already running launcher, so why the launcher re-check fixed it??
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    Its started again - hilarious - I just came back to report that every time I restarted ESO I have to go back and reset the Security and Privacy App settings. Unlike before it only fixes it once. Goddamit. L2Code or L2QA
  • aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, the workaround no longer seems to work for me after installing the 10.14.5 update...

EDIT: OK, after repeating the incantation for both launcher and ESO with both running it does work...
    Edited by aldriq on May 21, 2019 6:37PM
  • qbkitsune
    qbkitsune
    ✭✭
    Same issue here. I have to uncheck and then recheck the accessibility boxes each time I launch the game. With all the random crashes, I have to relaunch quite a bit. It’s getting a bit old. Please tell us there is a fix coming?
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    None of those workarounds in ll posts above seem to be working for me. Game is completely unplayable atm.
  • Atlan_daGonozal
    Atlan_daGonozal
    ✭✭✭
    Damm, like this others said: it comes back. Very annoying.
  • Atlan_daGonozal
    Atlan_daGonozal
    ✭✭✭
    One more Workaround option: Not using the launcher and starting eso.app directly. The location of eso.app is:
    /Applications/Spiele/The Elder Scrolls Online/game_mac/pubplayerclient/eso.app

If eso.app is in your privacy/accessibility setup then your can use reveal in finder to find it.
  • Carmina
    Carmina
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the truth is, the workaround works. But, you have to do it EVERY TIME you restart the game. Apart from the slow graphics, the forced windowed mode and more this is seriously enough to just stop playing the game.
  • Lauk
    Lauk
    This so called "fix" is no longer a solution with the latest update as it seems that permission has to be set every time the game is launched now. There is no reason why the user should have to give permission more than once, this is a bug not a feature, and it really needs fixing asap.

[edit] I've filed a bug report as suggested above by ZOS_BillE , I would recommend everyone with this issue to do the same thing because the more reports they get the more likely it will be taken seriously.

Edited by Lauk on May 21, 2019 9:33PM
  • mistermacintosh
    mistermacintosh
    ✭✭✭
    @ishtr

If the troubleshooting steps posted above are not stopping your camera from spinning, please go ahead and start a ticket with customer support.

Yes, start a ticket with support so they can tell you there's nothing they can do and to post it in the forum. Do you guys talk to each other @ZOS_BillE?
    Legalize Nirnroot!

Mac User, NA Server (CP810+, PVE focused):
    Magicka Templar Ra the Everlasting (Level 50 - Main Character)
    Stamina Sorcerer Khazaka-ri (Level 50 - Crafter)
    Dragonknight Tank Skalda Flamewreath (Level 50)
    Pet Sorcerer Hellias Ocume (Level 50)
    Magicka Necromancer Socelon (Level 4)

Templar Healer Mends-Through-Panic (Level 50)
    Stamina Nightblade Adanna-daro (Level 50)
    Stamina Warden Marely Sprigs (Level 50)
    Stamina Dragonknight Ursula Trollcalmer (Level 50)
    Stamina Necromancer Daengeval (Level 4)

Stamina Templar Cornellus Graves (Level 50)
    Warden Healer Pays-For-Luxury (Level 50)
    Magicka Sorcerer Sophia Flash (Level 50)
    Magicka Dragonknight Cinvalo Aloavel (Level 50)
    Magicka Nightblade Esmerelda the Cruel (Level 50)
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EVERY TIME I LOG IN

Every bloody time

How is it that ZOS can continually break the game in the exact same way EVERY BLOODY TIME?

You would have thought they might have learned after the first five or six times.

But no. More full on contempt for the Mac