The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Launcher freezes on update

Skander
Skander
✭✭✭✭✭
Again
I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
-Elder Nightblades Online
Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do not close this thread for the other discussion pending becouse that thread is 8 months old and still going.

No fixes.
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you restarted your PC and tried again?

How did you get it to complete last time?

Asking because the forums seem rather quiet about it so it does not seem to be a wide spread issue.1
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Asking because the forums seem rather quiet about it so it does not seem to be a wide spread issue.1

I'm not using another vpn trial for a broken game that people refuse to fix
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »

Have you created an actual tech support ticket?

Often issues that are not wide spread are a local issue or it is an issue along the internet. If I seem to not understand it is because you really are not saying anything that sheds light on the subject.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you created an actual tech support ticket?

Often issues that are not wide spread are a local issue or it is an issue along the internet. If I seem to not understand it is because you really are not saying anything that sheds light on the subject.

I did
  • shyboo
    shyboo
    Close the launcher and install a free vpn (I personally used Windscribe when I had the issue with the launcher). Connect to the vpn and then start the launcher. After the launcher finishes downloading and installing the patch disconnect from the vpn so you don't eat up all the free bandwidth. This fix only will work if the launcher is giving you woes even when coming from a fresh install.
    -Poverty Pasta on AD/EP
    -Thicc Hips on DC
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shyboo wrote: »
    Close the launcher and install a free vpn (I personally used Windscribe when I had the issue with the launcher). Connect to the vpn and then start the launcher. After the launcher finishes downloading and installing the patch disconnect from the vpn so you don't eat up all the free bandwidth. This fix only will work if the launcher is giving you woes even when coming from a fresh install.

I did till now. I'm getting sick of adding vpns
  • shyboo
    shyboo
    The vpn will pretty much be your only solution and it wont happen with all updates, but it will happen some of the time. If vpn is still not an option and you happen to be on Verizon fios like me there is another fix you can potentially do with their provided gateway. The short of it is you have change the gateway/ router's firewall settings from medium to low as its the firewall (at least in my case) that was causing me problems after further investigation. The launcher will freeze once it loses connection to the patch server, but still detects a connection to the internet so instead of a timeout error it freezes. <- Theres a lot of speculation on my part concerning things I am not an expert on so take that with mad grains of salt
    -Poverty Pasta on AD/EP
    -Thicc Hips on DC
  • shyboo
    shyboo
    shyboo wrote: »

I did till now. I'm getting sick of adding vpns

Since I changed the firewall settings of the gateway i haven't had to use my vpn since to update eso.
    -Poverty Pasta on AD/EP
    -Thicc Hips on DC
  • Dyngrin
    Dyngrin
    ✭✭✭
    I too use Verizon FIOS and this is the third patch that I've had the Launcher crash problem. Although the problem is related to some VPNs/Router Firewall Configs and WebGet, the reason the Launcher crashes seems to be how it handles the WebGet error. So I'm re-posting the following:

The Launcher has been crashing for me as well with an apparent endless loop of writing the following to the host.developer.log (this patch the file is 264to266):

12/01/2018 22:05:22 WebGet Error: (http://151.205.0.95:80/data/016c4bdf3940ecb3/live.patcher.elderscrollsonline.com/products/eso/874DCDCF-C40C-4956-92FE-E39B8DC4764E/depot/depot_262to264/depot_262to264.z01) (151.205.0.95:80) (3:956)
    12/01/2018 22:05:22 Hostname not found in whitelist (151.205.0.95)

Once the log got over 415K MBs, the Launcher would crash. Since I was able to manually download game_player_262to264.z01 with the above URL, I assumed it was a false error and the crash was from the endless loop of writing to the log (an exception in the exception handler). So by doing the following, the Launcher patched successfully (though slowly):

Set Deny Write permission to Everyone for host.developer.log in the Launcher folder (prevents Launcher from crashing).

The Launcher runs very slowly so you may only see its progress using Windows 10 Task View. Once you see Play, you can kill the Launcher, set the permissions back for the log file, then run the Launcher again and it should load normally.

Note that the download may stall, if that happens click Pause (just once) then click Resume (just once when it appears in place of Pause).

--Dyn
    Grand Overlord Dyngrin, Templar, Daggerfall Covenant (PC/NA)
  • shyboo
    shyboo
    uxsiye8kyx7y.png

^ i did that, but the person above sounds like they know more about what they're talking about :3 best of luck solving the issue all the same.
    -Poverty Pasta on AD/EP
    -Thicc Hips on DC