The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

4K Resolution (3840x2160) not working properly, nor true full screen

Zybane
Zybane
Anyone else running a 4K monitor? Seems 4K resolution isn't working, it’s using like down-scaled 1080p and looks horrible. Changing the resolution field only changes the blocky'ness of the image, not the actual resolution. It's like the game engine is designed to only render at 1080p. Also, full-screen isn't true full screen, it’s just a border-less window.
  • psufan5
    psufan5
    ✭✭✭✭
    The lack of true full screen really bothers me :( You cant downsample, adjust graphics in your driver control panel, and you lose a ton of performance. Not to mention, SLI / Crossfire wont work.

This needs to be added ASAP.

Surgical Incision
    Former Emperor
    USPS4
    Options
  • psufan5
    psufan5
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game currently only maxes out at your SINGLE monitor setup. So if you have 1 screen plugged in at 2560x1440 (like me) it will work. If you have multiple screens, good luck. Window mode is terrible, and they really need to address this.

Surgical Incision
    Former Emperor
    USPS4
    Options
  • Zybane
    Zybane
    I have a single 4K monitor, and it looks like low resolution 1080p just blown up on my monitor. Looks horrible.
    Options
  • Zybane
    Zybane
    For those of you with multi-monitor setups, is the game/resolution/detail scaling up or does it also stay low resolution like on a 4K monitor?
    Options
  • Eneq
    Eneq
    ✭✭✭
    Running three screens but not in nvsurround/eyuefinity but instead in windowed mode and externally blown up to cover all three screens (this works fine and I see nothing like whats described in the OP).
    Options
  • AnneFleur
    AnneFleur
    psufan5 wrote: »
    The game currently only maxes out at your SINGLE monitor setup. So if you have 1 screen plugged in at 2560x1440 (like me) it will work. If you have multiple screens, good luck. Window mode is terrible, and they really need to address this.

Well, having it work is relative. I too run 2560x1440, but I have a crossfire setup consisting of two 7870XT's (nerfed 7950's). One of my cards is not used at all, because crossfire only works in a true full screen. This results on maps like Auridon in 45 fps on ultra, with drops to 38 if there's combat or lots of magic going on for example. While this is perfectly playable, it is not as smooth as one could wish. I don't even want to go into Cyrodiil at the moment. So yeah, true full-screen ASAP would be nice to have :).

Options