The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The ESO Team Would Like to Send You a Special Gift – Info Requested!

Jazz_Funk
Jazz_Funk
✭✭✭
Received the below as an in game message as well as email from Zos (The Elder Scrolls Online Team <teso_help@mailmw.custhelp.com>). Not sure how many others have received this but I do not believe that this is legitimate. I am not sure how to report this so would appreciate if someone could forward it to the proper people at ZOS to ensure none gets scammed.

Greetings,
As a special thank you for being such an important part of the Elder Scrolls Online community over the past year, we would like to send you a special surprise in the mail! We have a feeling you will enjoy what we have in mind. To do so, we'll need the following information from you:
• Full Name:
• Full Mailing Address:
• Phone Number:

We will not save this information or use it for any purpose other than to send you this gift.
Please reply directly to this email with the information above by Friday, December 14, 2018 so we can ensure that you will receive your free gift!
We understand this email may seem suspicious, so feel free to reach out to us at community@elderscrollsonline.com or PM ZOS_GinaBruno on the ESO forums with any questions!
Sincerely,

Your Elder Scrolls Online Team

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot of in-game mail?

Support says that's a valid address (assuming when you reply, it goes back to the same.)

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21335/~/i-have-received-an-e-mail-asking-me-to-activate-my-account-via-a-suspicious

o5wxevcrlghh.png
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on December 6, 2018 1:19PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mailmw.custhelp.com not legitimate from the looks of it... guessing it would come from elderscrollsonline, zenimax or even bethesda.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit would suggest you e-mail the address they gave you to express your concerns perhaps :)

Posting here may just lead to many comments along the lines of - "why am I not getting a present too". Everyone likes presents of course yes!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Myrm
    Myrm
    ✭✭✭
    If this were genuine I am sure you’d be addressed personally, and not by simply “Greetings”.

It’s like when I get emails purporting to be from, say, Apple, or my bank, telling me there’s been a problem with my account, and I need to click the link supplied and log in.

The first thing that I see in such emails is that I am not addressed personally. It’s always something like “Dear Customer”, or simply, “Greetings.” Immediately that screams FAKE! SCAM! at me.

Personally, I’d forward the email to the official ESO support so that they are aware of this scam and can alert others.
    PC & Xbox (EU)

I am employed as a member of Emperor Palpatine's Imperial Royal Guard. (Class of 2017, Yinchorr)
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just do a header trace, but i would say thats not real, if it were zos surely they start with Dear (insert username).

Some mails do look legit at first glance, but simply expanding the header may show its not, and will come from something like this,

bgyufcgegcftwfcvruifgz@gmail.ze
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was lucky enough to receive a gift from ZOS this time last year. The email I received had the same originating address, the salutation was just "Greetings", and it had the same body text, word for word as the one you received by the look of it.

PC EU
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Jazz_Funk

We have sent you a PM to follow-up on this email and the message you received in game.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post