The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Looking for a casual guild with some older players.

HappyHaunt1000
I am in a few guilds for crafting and such, but I really would like a social guild also. Unfortunately I am probably old enough to be a lot of players parent twice over. I like to group up some and really need help getting my game set up so I can use the text feature without missing half of what is going on. Even if I don't get an invite could someone direct me on how to 1. move chat box up ( when you use a controller the chat gets covered up when you try to type), 2. put some sort of alarm on text box so I don't miss anything. 3. Explain some of the shorthand used ingame, and 4. Not look down on me for using said controller, as above I am an old dog who doesn't learn new tricks so well. Please feel free to message me ingame at @HappyHaunt1000 . I accept all friend requests, until someone treats me badly for one reason or another. Hopefully I haven't scared everyone off... Also my husband plays (very differently than I do) if he could be invited that would be awesome as we are grouped up most of the time. He is @mulger
Thanks
I sat quietly with my own thoughts today
Remind me to never do that again
  • Zippy81
    Zippy81
    ✭✭✭
    Our guild has a bunch of old dogs and cats and parrots and filthy pirates and ... well you need to join to get the big picture. Anyway, I'll try to catch you online after this maintenance is over. Do you use discord? You can visit it to see what we do, maybe talk to someone in the meantime.

For now, I'll just leave our usual commercial here:
    the Cutthroat Mutineers https://discord.gg/nwcq2rj
    We explore all the time, we started trials a bit, we do PVP in EP faction every weekend, we've discord, a trader, there is an established group of helpful players. I guess you need to contact us!
    Kind regards,
    Zippy
  • cmccarter
    cmccarter
    Also older player but very active. interested
  • Savina
    Savina
    ✭✭✭
    Vanquish might be what you are looking for. You can check out our website and fill out an application.

Here is our recruitment thread if you'd like to read about us on these forums.

All alliances are welcome however our guild PvP events are held within DC.

Hope you find what you are looking for,

Savina
  • Lady Grim
    Lady Grim

Hey Happy Haunt
    We are a social, casual guild looking for more people to run dungeons, delves, bosses and questing. Please check out my post : https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/448012/pc-na-evolved-gaming-new-casual-guild-looking-for-laid-back-adults-to-explore-tamriel#latest
  • plastercaster
    plastercaster
    Soul Shriven
    HI Happy and cmccarter. Also look into RustyOld Dragons. We have discord , a merchant (at times) and a very relaxed outlook on things.
    https://www.facebook.com/RustyOldDragons/

The facebook should give you a idea of the people in the group .

Hope this Helps
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @plastercaster Who would one contact ingame to join RustyOldDragons?
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An active social guild with events, a trader, awesome discord, no dues, fees or obligations of any kind and a generally older wiser player base?

Bacon Rats is for you. 490+ members and the friendliest rats you'll ever meet.

Contact @Zathrass or @Hand_Bacon for an invite or more information.
    #AlmostGood@ESO
  • Zwyla
    Zwyla
    Soul Shriven
    Please check out my recruiting post for our guild"Band of Elders" - We are a guild of older players who came to ESO almost a year ago and are now actively recruiting for more "senior/mature/"elder" "players to join us. We take an easy going, no pressure approach to the game. We want to focus on having fun as we move forward at our casual pace. - Check us out!
  • plastercaster
    plastercaster
    Soul Shriven
    Apologies for the lack of information the guild launch site is

http://rustyolddragons.guildlaunch.com/sections/about_us/?gid=450318

this should send you to the about us page with the guild roster. There is also a registration link on the main page of the site. Observer Tim does a good job of getting back to people.If there is any problems let me know.
  • plastercaster
    plastercaster
    Soul Shriven
    Also Zippy is a good egg and very helpful on theory crafting for the game and end game content. Just have fun playing the game and learning.. and always remember it is YOUR toon.. not the meter humpers that tend to criticize at a moments notice.
    ESO is an open format game.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @plastercaster

Thank you for your response. I have one question. Do you use Discord or Teamspeak? In your post here, you said Discord but on the website, it says Teamspeak. I have Discord and really don't want to download another program as my computer is near capacity on space.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • plastercaster
    plastercaster
    Soul Shriven
    Discord.... the teamspeak went belly up about 4 months ago due to licensing issue with the former GM that started the guild years ago and no longer plays
  • plastercaster
    plastercaster
    Soul Shriven
    Oh there is one firm requirement for ROD. Dont be an ***.... other than that the usual no politics and religion to keep everyone game focused.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @plastercaster

I have two accounts so submitted two applications. I hope that's OK. Convos about politics or religion usually anger me and I don't play to get angry. I play to relax and have fun. :)
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Glockaholic
    Am 64 y/o retired USN, just starting to play on PC (L20 Magsorc). Also looking for a guild with players that are chronologically challenged, and believe in helping newbs level.
    I was a Dovahkiin..then I took an arrow in the knee!
  • Amarreh
    Amarreh
    Feel free to friend me in game. @Feithe I'm a returning player and looking for new friends/players to group with. I play various times as well and I'm a Templar Healer. And my BF & I usually group together in the evening. You and your hubby would always be welcome to join us. We late 20's to mid 30's but we don't care young/old. Age is nothing but a number! :)

Oh and you know ... a lot of "Twitch Streamers" that stream ESO are using controllers. I myself, use keyboard / mouse because I am a healer and never been good with controllers.
    Edited by Amarreh on March 26, 2019 3:48PM