The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Deathmatch taking way too long now

• Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already fixed this issue guys. Look at new OP set that makes sure ifnlicted pain stays untill target dies: 5500 heal negate every 4 secs. When best counterplay is dying, you wont rant about heals.
  • Shinshadow
    Shinshadow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Piraja27 wrote: »
    Seeing that the sigil of power has been removed and the dominance of healers carrying matches not to mention the stupid idea of nerfing defile, the deathmatch type takes way too long now to wrap up. I consistently keep getting that match runs out of time and people leave because it is taking 10 minutes per match.
    Probably needed that sigil of power to force push the match forward or optionally reduce healing in battlegrounds or increase points per kill. :/
    A lot of people in my games also have mentioned ever since the update, battlegrounds is just terrible for deathmatch.

Ummmmm.... NO. Stop relying on a cheese method to get quick kills, learn and adapt the opponent's playstyle, and kill them. Deathmatch is actually competitive now with the removal of the sigil.
  • SouthernSoldjer
    Can we quit complaining about everything? The sigil is gone, and no more cp in bgs, and now your saying the matches take too long. Get some DPS and it will go by faster.
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only time I've seen a match finish before one team reached 510 was a couple of days ago when there were 3 premades of 3 facing-off against each other with 1 random (of which I was one) on each side. The premades were all build with extreme survivability in mind (like 2 templars per team) and barely had a single death between them whilst the randoms just kinda fought amongst themselves or go wrecked in the deathball in the middle of the map. Not sure anyone really had much fun in that game but it was definately the anomaly not the rule.

I think DPS is OP in no-CP right now and it's only because healing is also OP that it goes under the radar. Mitigation and avoidance (particularly for medium & light armor classes) is insufficient.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BGs have a 15 minute timer, and 15 minutes is not a long time. You're just whining for the sake of whining.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cant remember the last time a dm went full time. Maybe we are playing in very different mmrs or i just play at a time of day when organised groups arent as prevalent.
    I typically try to separate squishier targets from healers and tanks. Of course it doesn't always work but there are enough overly eager ppl in Bgs to slay.
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    BGs have a 15 minute timer, and 15 minutes is not a long time. You're just whining for the sake of whining.

When match takes 15 minutes and nothing happens, score is about 200ish for each team, it gets tiresome and boring because nothing happens and big portion of players dislike such downtime. I hear plenty of people saying those matches are the worst.
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Cant remember the last time a dm went full time. Maybe we are playing in very different mmrs or i just play at a time of day when organised groups arent as prevalent.
    I typically try to separate squishier targets from healers and tanks. Of course it doesn't always work but there are enough overly eager ppl in Bgs to slay.

There are matches that go nice and steady or quickly after my mmr got placed bit more accurately but the moment where there are 3 premades or just happens to have 2 healers each team, matches still are ended by the clock not by kills
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removing that stupid sigil was the single best Battleground change that ZOS has ever made.

The main issue with healers right now is lack of focus firing for non-premade groups. Secondarily, you have the problem(s) created by there being three teams instead of just two. Disorganized DPS often won't be all that effective in that situation; splitting up damage not just between different enemy players, but oftentimes against different teams entirely. If there are dedicated heals (or even just good offhealing/ultimates), you may not be able to land very many kills that way.

If anything, some (mostly Stamina) class/build damage is still too high.
  • Danklord
    Danklord
    ✭✭
    Im so happy they removed the dmg buff. That thing was the most stupid *** i've ever seen. I played my magsorc then. All i had to do was, pop execute, force pulse to crystalline proc and dead. Getting like 12k crystalline hits and if they had no shield on, that along with a force pulse was enough for execute range. No thank you.

I mean sure it was fun to always chase it for the easy kills, but man was it a dumb idea to add it. I've played like 40 games the past 2 weeks, if not even more. And i've probably had 1-3 games not end on a 500 score. It rarely if ever happens.

Protip: STOP playing sniper and spinnyproc. It will help you stats immensly. Play something that actually works in a teamfight. Sniper and spinnyproc is the worst *** i've ever seen, its so god damn bad, but everyone just has to play it. I dont get it why. I mean sure it boost my kills cuz all i gotta do is shock clench and deep fissure to kill people since my fissures hit for like 10k, since they have 0 defenses. But man is the "fssh fsshh fshh fssh" annoying to listen to.

I dont get it where the appeal for these *** builds comes from. I've never seen a sniper team win, never. Cuz the moment they join the battle, they're dead. If anyone knows what the appeal for this build is, plz tell me, i have to know. Its killing me not knowing WHY people play this. I have to know srsly.
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of what takes enjoyment out of BGs are the maps themselves. A lot of tight spaces, small maps, and no reason to split up the team on objective maps. This promotes organized teams to just stack and blister people’s faces off with AOE and thoughtless heal spamming.

Bigger maps, multiple relics per team, and flags in more of a random pattern throughout the map (instead of them spaced evenly) would be a good start.

Also, multiple locations coming out of your spawn would be great. Kinda like how our starting locations in cyrodiil are, just not THAT big of course. That would keep those annoying spawn fights from keeping everyone from immediately dying after jumping down