The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

December showcase

• LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t agree or like where this is going with gem only mount and pets now . Especially as they taken all free crates away no chance I’m gonna bother Zos getting to greedy .
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭
    Atallanta wrote: »
    They seem to offer 10% of for ESO+ deals

:/ As an ESO+ subscriber i feel very rewarded ... :s
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Atallanta wrote: »
    Klasen wrote: »
    im guessing probably 400-500 gems for that cat mount

I’m afraid it’s going to be very very expensive :(

That is what I am thinking to!! Maybe even 600 gems, I wouldn't be surprised. :o

Edited for not making my emoji quota.
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on December 4, 2018 10:23AM
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kiyakotari wrote: »
    I love the Sabre Cat Frost Atronach mount and the Ice Nixad pet. However, I won't be purchasing them, as I'm disgusted that ZOS has decided to move towards selling things directly for a currency type that can only be acquired by purchasing and then trading in particular items using another currency type that can actually be directly purchased.

If ZOS started to sell crown gems directly, I would likely change my mind. But the way the system is set up now, I won't be partaking of those items.

And I'm not one of the players that is against spending money on this game. I've been an ESO+ subscriber since I started playing, and continue to be. I've spent literally thousands of dollars on crowns, to purchase crates, costumes, houses, etc. I am squarely in the middle of ZOS's target demographic. But this particular marketing choice leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Same boat
    I will buy things I like but putting things behind a gem paywall reeks of greed.
    Love the mount
    wont be getting it

^ This. ^

My wallet is remaining very closed.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twitch drops rates falling, no more free crate rewards, and then these exclusive gem-purchasable items all point to ZOS wanting people to off-load their gems... so they can get moar crates for the next cycle of gem-exclusive things, since it seems they are here to stay :expressionless: It's such a bad model, and with creates containing mostly consumables, they feed the gem cycle... and it leaves the customers who don't want to buy crates no alternative to get these items, and thus ultimately disappointed.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I want is the horse, everything else is kinda meh.

Also are Storm Atro Crates going to return soon?
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm beginning to wonder if they're not bringing them back because they didn't contain a radiant apex mount, therefore much less sales than the crates that do have radiant mounts. Maybe storm atronach will be the rare in the "classic crate" season or something?
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tactx wrote: »

I'm beginning to wonder if they're not bringing them back because they didn't contain a radiant apex mount, therefore much less sales than the crates that do have radiant mounts. Maybe storm atronach will be the rare in the "classic crate" season or something?
    Oof damn, that’s the only crate I haven’t got anything from yet, and I’ve been saving up gems to get some soul-shriven costumes from them.

But yeah, the “classic crate” does interest me... wonder if they’re going to put the old crate seasons in them.
  • NekoGaDaisuki
    NekoGaDaisuki
    Soul Shriven
    Hey, it's nice to see frost themed december, but i'd like to know if the Frost Mare mount will come back one day or not. I was hoping it to be available again this month.
    It's been a while since plenty of people asked for this great mount to have some love and come back along Stalhrim crown style. Plus it would fit with the theme.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    Kiyakotari wrote: »
    I love the Sabre Cat Frost Atronach mount and the Ice Nixad pet. However, I won't be purchasing them, as I'm disgusted that ZOS has decided to move towards selling things directly for a currency type that can only be acquired by purchasing and then trading in particular items using another currency type that can actually be directly purchased.

If ZOS started to sell crown gems directly, I would likely change my mind. But the way the system is set up now, I won't be partaking of those items.

And I'm not one of the players that is against spending money on this game. I've been an ESO+ subscriber since I started playing, and continue to be. I've spent literally thousands of dollars on crowns, to purchase crates, costumes, houses, etc. I am squarely in the middle of ZOS's target demographic. But this particular marketing choice leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Same boat
    I will buy things I like but putting things behind a gem paywall reeks of greed.
    Love the mount
    wont be getting it

^ This. ^

My wallet is remaining very closed.

Same for crates, I won't buy them anymore. And it's looking like the FTC may outlaw them anyway, no more loot boxes in any games. Be interesting to see what ZOS does then to keep their revenue stream flowing since the crates seems to be a big part of that. I have bought crates before and I have gotten lucky and got some nice stuff, but more often than not I got garbage. I don't gamble for a reason, ya know? I'm not ok seeing my money fly out the door and I walk away with nada.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Farscape76
    Farscape76
    ✭✭✭
    I hope there is more to this crate season because the highlights shown are all kinda awful.
    CP 1200+ Xbox - NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Characters
    Dargo Crichton - VR16/lvl 50 StamDK - Stormproof
    Talon Crichton - lvl 50 Stamsorc
    Kara Crichton - lvl 50 StamDK
    Erza Crichton - lvl 50 MagDK
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    'The Sabre Cat Frost Atronach mount is a Crown Gem exclusive. It will appear in the Limited Time Offers in the Crown Store’s Crown Crates category for a limited time on all platforms,"

so gems only?

I loved the mount but come on, not for 400gems are you crazy

And lots of $$$ to get those gems...
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone is good with math, I would love if someone can help figure out how much $$ you'd need to spend on crates to earn 300 gems (for the pet) and ~500 (for the mount), assuming someone has zero crowns and zero gems to start with. We'd also need to factor in that some items you might want to keep, not convert, and not everything can even be converted.

Putting the data here so I can come back to it. LMK if anyone can do a rough estimate or help me figure out how to approach it.

Crate tracker
    Live crate tracker

Crown packs (PS4 NA pre-tax):
    • 750 crowns - $7.99
    • 1,500 crowns - $14.99
    • 3,000 crowns - $24.99
    • 5,500 crowns - $39.99
    • 14,000 crowns - $99.99
    • 21,000 crowns - $149.99
    Crate prices:
    • 1 crate - 400 crowns
    • 4 crates - 1,500 crowns
    • 15 crates - 5,000 crowns
    Conversion rates (AFAIK):
    • White items return 1 gem
    • Blue items return 5 gems
    • Purple items return 13 gems
    • Yellow items return 33 gems
    "According to Faunter, every crate contains two cards which are always white or green, and one card which is always blue or better. The fourth is random, and the bonus card is always purple or better."

Anyone know of someone on the forums who is good with this kind of stuff?
    Edited by weedgenius on December 4, 2018 6:41PM
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oof damn, that’s the only crate I haven’t got anything from yet, and I’ve been saving up gems to get some soul-shriven costumes from them.

But yeah, the “classic crate” does interest me... wonder if they’re going to put the old crate seasons in them.

What's this about classic crates? I've not heard anything about this (not that I buy crates, I'm just curious).

Also, Wild Hunt didn't have radiant apex mounts either (they started with the Dwarven crates). Has Wild Hunt ever returned?
  • Dithieon
    Dithieon
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

What's this about classic crates? I've not heard anything about this (not that I buy crates, I'm just curious).

Also, Wild Hunt didn't have radiant apex mounts either (they started with the Dwarven crates). Has Wild Hunt ever returned?

Wild Hunt returned recently,not that long ago,for a week IIRC
    "There is a beast in every man and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand" - Ser Jorah Mormont
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

@Jayne_Doe I believe the "classic crate" refers to something from a recent datamine. Crown Classics Vol. 1 and Crown Classics Vol. 2 to be exact. Not sure if there is any other info about this out there.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed that the snow bear/cub (regular variety, not the "blackface" one) didn't make it. It's way too long since they were available.
  • GWINDHA1R
    GWINDHA1R
    ✭✭
    Well I am keeping my Wallet shut from now. Eso plus is all they get from me.