Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

broken superscript characters

GandalfOfMiddleEarth
GandalfOfMiddleEarth
Soul Shriven
Somebody needs to fix the text typing panel, superscript numbers are failing. I tried opening a ticket on this, but got the following response:

<game support>
The use of any script even for text use is not supported by ESO and we can not offer any help with any issues with it.
</game support>

Really? That seems pretty lame. So, using the text input feature to submit a support ticket is unsupported? Really?

¹ ² ³ becomes ▯ ² ³

So, C¹²H²²O¹¹ = sugar, while C▯²H²²O▯▯ is gibberish
(yes, I know chemical equations really use subscript)

<rant>
If you are going to use BBcode, make sure you properly map (link) the characters to their graphical representations. I am guessing this is a very simple fix of linking your character mappings, not a structural error.

You all appear to be competent coders, but this simple error is visible at the GUI level and makes you all appear amateurish.

Incidentally,
  • technically, i wasn't using script, i was using the text input panel.
  • check the other broken superscript characters, 1/4 3/4 N0*.
  • add the mappings for ⁴ ⁵ ⁶ ⁷ ⁸ ⁹ ⁰, so I can build more complex chemical equations, or mathematical formulas.
  • game support should send these back to engineering as open tickets.
  • I don't think game support understood the problem.
</rant>

Since I am being harsh, it is OK to be harsh back. :)
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] I don't think game support understood the problem.
    [/list]

Least assured, not only the support didn't understand. :D
  • GandalfOfMiddleEarth
    GandalfOfMiddleEarth
    Soul Shriven
    69f6kc3d8lbw.jpg
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, well... ok... uhmm... for the covenant!... Honestly, I am missing proper words to express my thoughts, but at least now its clear what you talk about. Thank you for clearification.
  • GandalfOfMiddleEarth
    GandalfOfMiddleEarth
    Soul Shriven
    Lol, Elsterchen

Thanks for coming back. I was an IT architect at a very large, multi-national engineering firm for decades. They/We would never let us get away with something so childish.

I still hold these folks are competent coders.

BTW, I am guessing they are using AWS/Akamai. We had problems with Akamai, it could use some work. Connection mapping optimization is exceptionally difficult to manage. But, that is another thread.