Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase – December 2018"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
cdbb795bd2507c78aeb328f1246a7483.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the Crown Store Showcase – December 2018 blog article.

Wintery creatures of the north, frozen arms and armor, and unique ESO Plus exclusives make up December’s chilly Crown Store additions. Preview everything that’s coming to the in-game store and get ready to celebrate the New Life Festival. Don’t forget, there’s new ESO Plus deals and a Crown Crate season on the horizon, too!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the Silver Dawn motif begin dropping from Moon Hunter Keep on December 5th as well?
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But will the Enchanted Snowglobe home be available for gold? With a New Life Achievement?
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, no new "permanent" items to the CS this month? Again? All limited-time stuff. EDIT - the new motif, Silver Dawn, is a permanent item, but it's the only one.

Plus, ESO Plus members are now getting exclusive CROWN GEM deals. Seriously? This is ridiculous.

But, we do get 2 free items this month, so that's pretty cool.

I might get the exclusive outfit, depending on how it looks on females. Otherwise, there aren't any exclusive deals I'm remotely interested in.

I passed on the white-river ice wolf pup last time and regretted it afterward, but it's been a year, now, and I've got far too many pets I never use, so I'll probably pass again on that.

As for the other returning items, already have the motif and the hood is just the free one you can get in-game with just a sprig and maybe some extra embroidery. Already bought the scouts back when it was in the store originally. Pass again on the horse and ridiculous hats.

Also, the new motif will be available in-game at some point. So, it looks like I'm saving a lot of crowns this month.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on December 3, 2018 5:18PM
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So the only way to get the Sabre Cat Frost Atronach mount is gambling with crown crates and then convert the useless items for crown gems until you have i suppose 400 crown gems. That will be a huge money sink. What a rip off, gg ZOS...
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to the Iceheart stuff :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDIT: Never mind, was mistaken.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on December 3, 2018 6:36PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown gem exclusives? WTF?
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »

Same was with pet netch in the crates last month.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find myself more excited at the prospect of a complimentary tabletop Tribunal figure set than I am at a Prince figure set.

But I'm not liking the Crown Gem direction. The Hollowjack Netch was a nice alternative because I didn't want an Apex mount from that season. A Crown Gem Xanmeer lizard pet or two would have been nice for people who didn't want lizard mounts but still liked the spirit of the crate theme.

But sticking in a small-window Sabre Cat Frost Atronach and Ice Nixad when there was absolutely room to fit them into the regular December store schedule is getting a little bit carried away. Keep the Gem exclusives tied to the theme of the crates currently available. Which, of course, I'm assuming is Xanmeer but even if it isn't there's no evidence of the next season being ice themed. So it's basically 'buy a lot of one thing and then redeem it on something completely unrelated' which feels like a barrier to upsell, not something to encourage it.

Anyway, biggest surprise is no Xanmeer house. Did the Argonians already forget it exists? I mean, it's really out there in
    Kotu Gava country so it's almost a lore-friendly explanation...
    signing off
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Ready check succeeded, crown store opening.

The store declined the request. You were placed at the front of the queue."

^
    What you will never have to experience.

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    I find myself more excited at the prospect of a complimentary tabletop Tribunal figure set than I am at a Prince figure set.

But I'm not liking the Crown Gem direction. The Hollowjack Netch was a nice alternative because I didn't want an Apex mount from that season. A Crown Gem Xanmeer lizard pet or two would have been nice for people who didn't want lizard mounts but still liked the spirit of the crate theme.

But sticking in a small-window Sabre Cat Frost Atronach and Ice Nixad when there was absolutely room to fit them into the regular December store schedule is getting a little bit carried away. Keep the Gem exclusives tied to the theme of the crates currently available. Which, of course, I'm assuming is Xanmeer but even if it isn't there's no evidence of the next season being ice themed. So it's basically 'buy a lot of one thing and then redeem it on something completely unrelated' which feels like a barrier to upsell, not something to encourage it.

Anyway, biggest surprise is no Xanmeer house. Did the Argonians already forget it exists? I mean, it's really out there in
    Kotu Gava country so it's almost a lore-friendly explanation...

I agree about the Crown Gem exclusives. At first, I was assuming they were also ESO+ exclusive, but rereading the article, I can see that the header is distinct from ESO Plus stuff and there is no mention of ESO+ in the description.

So, it's not quite as bad as I had originally thought, since another ESO+ exclusive deal being locked behind crates was not appealing AT ALL. However, it's still pretty lame that they're locking yet more content behind crates. If they had been themed to the upcoming crates, as you say, AND available during the entire time the crates were available, then it's not so bad. But throwing out LT gem items just smacks of them being desperate to get more people to buy crates.

Just look at the ESO Plus exclusive "deal" last month: 30% off on the 5,000 crown pack of crates, not the 1500 or the 400, but just the 5000 pack. Basically, 30% off on gambling, but only if you buy the most expensive pack. This month, we get no exclusive deal, but we do get 2 free items.

ETA: It also looks like they're not planning to give out free crates anymore. At least not to ESO+ members during free trial days or prior to the start of a new season. I'm fine with that, since I don't buy crates, though I was able to get some items I wanted from all the free gems I got, if I wasn't lucky enough to get the item I wanted in the free crates. We might still get some as daily rewards, but I suspect that the free crates weren't generating additional sales, as they had hoped they would.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on December 3, 2018 7:03PM
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TiaFrye wrote: »

Same was with pet netch in the crates last month.

Except that pet was available for the full cycle of the crates, right? Like it was "part of" the crown crate rewards. Now they're expanding that concept to LTOs? Just sad.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    ETA: It also looks like they're not planning to give out free crates anymore. At least not to ESO+ members during free trial days or prior to the start of a new season. I'm fine with that, since I don't buy crates, though I was able to get some items I wanted from all the free gems I got, if I wasn't lucky enough to get the item I wanted in the free crates. We might still get some as daily rewards, but I suspect that the free crates weren't generating additional sales, as they had hoped they would.

They've seemingly eliminated two common sources of crown crates at the same time they're pushing gem-exclusive items. Coincidence? I think not.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jypcy wrote: »
    Will the Silver Dawn motif begin dropping from Moon Hunter Keep on December 5th as well?
    Also wondering about this. In the showcase that announced the Dragon Bones motifs, it explicitly says "Please note that this Crafting Motif will also be available by completing Fang Lair Dungeon content via the in-game Activity Finder." That message is not present here. Is this an oversight or is the motif coming to the store before it becomes available in-game?

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno Can you confirm whether or not the motif will begin dropping from MHK this week?
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    They've seemingly eliminated two common sources of crown crates at the same time they're pushing gem-exclusive items. Coincidence? I think not.
    People are probably hoarding gems from free crates and zos want to reduce that. They're running a business after all.
    stam scrub
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    schip wrote: »
    People are probably hoarding gems from free crates and zos want to reduce that. They're running a business after all.

Yeah, no kidding. I had close to 700 from this year and never bought a crate once. But that "they're a business" trope gets old. Do they really need to aggressively monetize at every turn? People already pay for the game. People already pay for subscriptions. People already buy crowns.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this is just disappointing
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like everything about this honestly. I like a very nice mount to use gems on with some sort of exclusivity yet isn't "gambling" for some insane odds mount. I know lots that have thousands of gems saved up with nothing to use them on. Sorry if you don't, but not everything in life is equal. You know how to get gems if you want them... The Iceheart pack looks great. The nixad pet is awesome. This is going to be a really solid theme going into the new year!

I'm excited and this may not be popular for this forum, but thanks for these ZOS.
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Y'all say "Keep an eye out for returning favorites," but Holy Hircine, anyone looking for those things better not blink or they'll miss-out. Three days only on the store?

I really wish this limited-time thing would stop. You people want to make money? Keep your stuff in the store for the month in question.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crown Gem Exclusives can bite my behind. Not cool, ZOS.
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, no kidding. I had close to 700 from this year and never bought a crate once. But that "they're a business" trope gets old. Do they really need to aggressively monetize at every turn? People already pay for the game. People already pay for subscriptions. People already buy crowns.
    Of course they don't, but don't act surprised if that's what they do. I don't agree with the way they push crates down our throats at all - I've never bought a single one and I have absolutely no desire to, but they've done it for two years now. People have been upset about it since they were introduced and zos don't seem to care. So yeah while I agree that the "they're a business" trope gets old, the complaints get old too. The people responsible for the Crown Store probably look at numbers rather than the forums anyway.
    stam scrub
  • Mygalomorpea
    Mygalomorpea
    ✭✭✭
    Junk, junk, junk, another worthless mini statue, junk junk junk... And this is supposed to get me to spend money why?
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooo...Lakemire Xanmeer Manor is coming in January then?
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Senche mount is the only thing I might consider. But then again, my characters have too many mounts to choose from allready.
    I most definetly wont be getting the mechanical toilet mount.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to discontinue this "Bundle" Abomination. There is no way I'm paying 2.5k Crowns for a single style from the Arms Pack that I will still have to pay in game gold to equip on my outfits.

I have the crowns, I want it but I'm not going to buy it, I can't do it in all good conscience.
    yjrpf.jpg
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we please have the Elk mount available to buy with crowns, please.

I need it for one of my characters..

Thanks xx
  • RGvolterra
    RGvolterra
    ✭✭✭
    I’m glad to know that what I’ve anxiously waited for has finally come which is the icy arms pack as well as the icy saber tiger. Wish ZOS could’ve also introduced or brought back the polar bear or some other icy related stuff to celebrate the winter time. It’s been more than a year that the polar bear has not made to reappear.
    Still expecting the introduction of such things:)
    A house in bleakrock would also be amazing and a proper icy / Crystal Palace a dream.
  • cynaes
    cynaes
    ✭✭✭
    Also wondering about this. In the showcase that announced the Dragon Bones motifs, it explicitly says "Please note that this Crafting Motif will also be available by completing Fang Lair Dungeon content via the in-game Activity Finder." That message is not present here. Is this an oversight or is the motif coming to the store before it becomes available in-game?

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno Can you confirm whether or not the motif will begin dropping from MHK this week?

Does anyone know if Silver Dawn motif is a Crown Store exclusive? Because Frostcaster, which was announced to return just below Silver Dawn, most certainly is.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cynaes wrote: »

Does anyone know if Silver Dawn motif is a Crown Store exclusive? Because Frostcaster, which was announced to return just below Silver Dawn, most certainly is.
    Not according to the PTS patch notes: "The Chapters can be obtained by completing Moon Hunter Keep, becoming more likely with higher difficulties of the dungeon, up to being guaranteed to drop on Veteran Hard mode."

I guess people will just have to run the dungeon tomorrow to see if the motif is dropping, since ZOS has not clarified.
    Edited by weedgenius on December 4, 2018 10:07PM
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cynaes wrote: »

Not according to the PTS patch notes: "The Chapters can be obtained by completing Moon Hunter Keep, becoming more likely with higher difficulties of the dungeon, up to being guaranteed to drop on Veteran Hard mode."

I guess people will just have to run the dungeon tomorrow to see if the motif is dropping, since ZOS has not clarified.

They did update the news post, just didn’t make a comment here. But yes, pages should start dropping from Vykosa tomorrow morning as well.