Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Essential ESO Tips"

• Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Dave‌

Dont get me wrong but how can you implemented when basically not loyal to 1 guild in ESO when you can be in 5 guild serious please explain how it will work?

For example if i'm in 4 guild and let guild 1 is lvl 10, guild 2 is lvl 15, guild 3 is lvl 3 and guild 4 is lvl 8 which guild will get those point i gathers to help guilds to get reward for i guess you think of lvl system to for guilds.

Well off all mmo have play only WoW is one mmo that is rely heavy on tabard and why do we need tabard to represent guild we are in for to me tabard is just way to hide badly made armor and ESO armor is not badly made :) i for one really love look off gear in ESO well in WoW only gear that look go is classic WoW gear :)

If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying the game; yes, there are bugs [and rather uneven tech support]. The bugs have, so far, been fixed in a timely manner [yes, we all want the bugs in our quests fixed immediately, but that isn't possible]. I hope the tech support gets sorted sooner rather than later. As far as the game goes though, I wish the "Share quest" option would work so you could share quests with other players you group with. It isn't making joining a group an attractive option if someone who joins you has to go and do all the quests up to the point you're at before you can see them and play with them to the end of the quest.
  • ImaginaryDimension
    ImaginaryDimension
    ✭✭✭
    Please allow people to search for an item in the guild store by name. Nobody likes scrolling through 20 pages to find a certain "of magika" armor.

Allow us to sort inventory by rarity, type, level. Also a lot of people wear 2 sets of armor, 1 for dps and 1 for healing for example, it would be nice if you created an inventory reserve slot so when I change gear I don't have to scroll through 60 odd items to find my healing set or my dps set.
  • Garriej
    Garriej
    Please allow people to search for an item in the guild store by name. Nobody likes scrolling through 20 pages to find a certain "of magika" armor.

Allow us to sort inventory by rarity, type, level. Also a lot of people wear 2 sets of armor, 1 for dps and 1 for healing for example, it would be nice if you created an inventory reserve slot so when I change gear I don't have to scroll through 60 odd items to find my healing set or my dps set.
    I use mark as junk for that. Its the other way around i suppose, but if you put your offgear in the junk box you can find it easly.

• MehmetCan
    MehmetCan
    ✭✭✭
    The reason for using a bank is to store valuable items. in ESO banks are just crating material storage. Please fix it. We want to keep some special armor, weapon and vanity items on bank.

Crafting materials shouldn't use any "bank or inventory space".

I have a 80 slot bank right now and I spent every single gold coin for my bank/inventory storage. All of those 80 bank slots are used for crafting materials. And, I still have different types of other materials to store. I had to create a mule character just for keeping crafting materials.

As we know there are many runes in the game. But circular runes are rare compared to others. So my bank has 25+ types of other kinds of runes... waiting to be used.

Please consider what I said. We want to use Bank as a bank... not as a crafting exclusive store.

And yes, I know we can upgrade our character inventory space by backpack upgrades and horse food. And I also know that we can buy bank upgrades... I just don't want to fill them with crafting materials. I paid 3300 gold for 10 more bank slots right now and I'm using these 10 more slots for worthless crafting materials which I hope to use to improve my skills later.
  • Dragoon
    Dragoon
    ✭✭
    this is supposed to be a category to leave feedback for the developers? where is that thread then - and why can't I create a new thread? ffs, wtf... - I have a TON of feedback.

1. bank space - fix it. period
    2. combat - dated for old school forced grouping of 15 years ago - fix it. It's ridiculously difficult. Most of my guildmate report dying is common and often. The combat is shaping up to be the furthest from the ES series and the furthest it can be from fun. Games are supposed to be fun right? not ludicrously twitchy sadistic.

those are my top two complaints. I know it's new and there's a lot of learning to do, etc but how could ANYONE get these two things SO wrong...

Hi Scrambled_Brain,

With the Bank space you are proberply right about, but I love that combat system and as far as I know I'm not the only one. Though, yes may people got problems at the beginning, but you can't say in generall that it is a mistake. In fact, other players and I like it more then the let's say everquest click and wait style.

Greetings

• ImaginaryDimension
    ImaginaryDimension
    ✭✭✭
    Garriej wrote: »

I use mark as junk for that. Its the other way around i suppose, but if you put your offgear in the junk box you can find it easly.

Junk box? Where is that? How do I move gear there?

• LissardNoX
    Sorry if I post this in the wrong topic, but it would be nice if players receive an ingame message that the server will be offline soon for maintenance. Some games even have a timer on screen so the player is aware how much time they have until the server goes offline. I was busy creating a new character, I was working on it for 40 minutes and then I was signed out because of the maintenance...
    ★☆•Gamer Girl•☆★
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Lissard NoX Facebook

• Olgapeterson
    I absolutely agree with Dave. The systems you suggested are fabulous. Mostly, as you said, because they work. It gives identity to the players and to the guild they choose to represent.
    I've found Eso to be lacking many simple and basic features of MMO's. And they're the things you mentioned. BASIC FEATURES!
    I'm quite surprised and disappointed that they're not already implemented.
    I really hope Zeno with their Devs are listening to their player feedback. If so, they can really make this game amazing.
    One thing Dave didn't mention is inventory space for crafting ingredients. Especially for Provisioning. OMG! There are soooooo many ingredients out there and sooooo little space! PLEASE PLEASE! Zeno provide a separate bag or tab for crafting goods. Our bags fill up soooo fast and bank space is limited as well. There's nowhere to store things! It's a huge disadvantage and a huge inconvenience. I'd go even so far as to say it stalls progress in playing. This is a MUST to fix. And before anyone says to just "use" your items or "sell" them, it's not an option when you're constantly using them and saving ingredients for further use once recipes are found. Again, it's a MUST fix.
    Please listen Zeno and implement these changes!
    ~Olga~
    Edited by Olgapeterson on April 7, 2014 4:14PM
    It's not the fall that take your breath away...it's the sudden stop at the bottom
  • Ceano
    Ceano
    Combat

You can block (right mouse button), dodge (double tap a direction), and interrupt (press left mouse button while blocking) enemy abilities no matter what skills and equipment you’re using.

That is a lie!, because if you bind your block and hit key to some other keys then vanilla you can no longer use (hold block then press hit) to interrupt.

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!
  • Shadow27
    Shadow27
    Hey,
    I have some recommendations for the gameplay:

1) Because there are big item (and XP) farms in public dungeons and world elite NPCs, it´ d be great if these NPCs (bosses,elites,quest-related NPCs) have scalable HP and attacks. More HP for NPC for more attacking players (HP depends on number of players in combat for each single monster) so it wont be so easy to defeat them. Also maybe a little more spawn time would be great. It works in The Rift MMORPG really great and I believe it´d be really usefull feature for the game. Now, players will just kill one boss during few hours, they´ll get tunes of blue items and from them lots of gold or crafting mats for almost free. It´ll soon *** server economics...

2) Guild store name search. It´be great if I wouldnt need to browse over whole milion of pages there. Just typing the name and search for specified item.

3) Crafting materials-there are still lots of "unlimited" deposits. Unlimited means like 4-8 times gatherable deposits during 1 minute. You should check it properly and also add more enchanting runestones to game. There is not many of them (or I´m just unlucky?).

4) It´d be really great, if there is possibility of craftable and countable arrows for bows. The game will be much more realistic. In all prievous TES game, there had to be modes to add this feature. I though developers will realize it and they´ll add it automatically.

5) And the last one I wanted to mention: Usage of poison vials from alchemy! Why am I able to create a poison if I´m not able to poison an enemy with it (just myself :( )? It´d be great if it can be used on arrows (bows) and other weapons (probably except staves). Just for a while (like 3 minutes or limited number of hits)...

Thanks for reading :)
  • JoeJoe87577
    JoeJoe87577
    Soul Shriven
    I don't know if this was posted before, but I would like to have a Little map update, so that you can mark things on your map for your Group members. Just a Little temporary marker to Show them something important or the next Location to go to.
    JoeJoe
  • jmrathbun
    jmrathbun
    Humble suggestion: allow players to choose a default language for in-game and forums. Having to read through a menu of unfamiliar prose to find needed info is a PITA.
  • exavius_b16_ESO
    A suggestion for the forum here.

Write down what you are working for the next patch, so we know if there will be a fix to something we players are waiting on.
  • ouchouch2003_ESO
    Bank space big issue if you have more than one character and are trying to build different skills with each. For each new char you get only 10 new slots. I should be the same for the first and any additional character. EX if first gets 50 slots when you make a second you should get an additional 50.
    A suggestion would be if you do not want to give 50 for each give the first the 50 the second half 25 which would then be 75 and so on for each additional character. The prices for upgrades both for Bank and for Backpack is Ludicrous!!!

Please keep this in mind since we are already paying for even the bugs when we enter certain areas and the ui fails we fall from the sky and have to repair our gear.
  • ouchouch2003_ESO
    Suggestion for incentives:
    Consider giving members who pay for 3 month subscription plans GOLD and a third level backpack either or would be nice. If you decide to have it to pay a year in advance then a nice thank you would be 1500 in gold.. Food for thought ..just saying :)
  • ConquerorDromtar
    I'd like to see some sort of tiered/ranked permissions for the guild bank. Right now it's all or nothing. It would be nice to give Recruits access to only white items; Members white, green, and blue; etc. Similarly, being able to limit withdrawals to a certain number per day would be nice. As it stands, we risk losing our shirts every time we give bank access to someone new; even with a trial/get to know and trust you period.
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

2. combat - dated for old school forced grouping of 15 years ago - fix it. It's ridiculously difficult. Most of my guildmate report dying is common and often. The combat is shaping up to be the furthest from the ES series and the furthest it can be from fun. Games are supposed to be fun right? not ludicrously twitchy sadistic....

Please unscramble your brain. Combat is so far from "ridiculously difficult" - that statement is almost laughable. God forbid you should actually have to deal with any challenge, or even worse, watch your character die. Omg the horror.

The search feature for bank/guild bank is a good idea, I like that.

As for marking items as "junk" for sets of armor, I did that at first too. But then realized everything I marked as junk was moved back into it's "proper" category once I had logged out and come back the next day. Not sure if there's a timer on the junk section or what, but unfortunately the junk area doesn't seem to be a good long-term solution to having your own user-created category. Hey, there's an idea, let a user create their own inventory categories, or a way to flag the items they want to use (like a set of armor), and then filter or sort their inventory by that flag if they want. Just a thought.
  • AbaddonLive
    Speech bubbles. I know its not "Elderscrollsy" at all, but hey, you NEED to be able to see whos saying what, when and where. If you are in a town, you never ever get a reply from anyone. Because they simply dont see what you are saying and where you are.
  • Sedalias_Hope
    Sedalias_Hope
    ✭✭
    How about putting some GMs in the game.... EVERYONE keeps telling me ALL mmo's have problems during launch. I have been in a few, and while they were problematic, they had GMs in the game to try and help resolve a problem. WHY ARE YOU EXPECTING US TO convince people to leave a bugged instance of a quest? Why would you NOT put a GM in there asking everyone to leave the building or to walk away from a quest because a GM with different color chat will make people listen and can ease the player base. SOE, and Blizzard BOTH HAD GMs available during their initial launch. EDIT Or change our subscription time to actual play time and I will log out for a few months while you fix the game.
    Edited by Sedalias_Hope on April 8, 2014 8:02PM
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello all! I have one suggetion, what about new options for Camera, like Free View Point? for better screenshots positions AND for portraits? i mean now we cant make a screenshot with the hero in the middle, because the axis of the camera always spinning around on the displaced orbit, its better for the game and for the 3rd party look, i know. but would be nice if we will have an option for this, now the hero on the screenshots always on the left side
    http://i.imgur.com/I5cmmv7.jpg

sry for my not clear english, i hope you understand me

Sincerely yours, QuadroTony
  • nibor53ub17_ESO
    nibor53ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    how can I restart the game from the beginning. No new game option
  • Skorrpio
    Skorrpio
    PLEASE add more room for abilities, it's not like we are playing with the console players.
  • Dragoon
    Dragoon
    ✭✭
    how can I restart the game from the beginning. No new game option

Hi nibor53ub17_ESO,

I assume thats your first mmo, right. That's not bad everybody starts on something new everyonce in a while. In MMO's you don't have a new game option. You can start a new game. If you create a new character (you've got 8 slots) or if you want to start a complete new game, you need to get rid of all character by just deleting them. Be carefull though, everything will be gone on your characters. So if you want to keep something, you need to create an dummy char and give him that stuff what you want to keep or you bring it to a bank, but I don't know what happened if you delete all of your chars at once. After that you delete the old char and create a new one. Now you transfer, in that game, via bank the items to your new char and delete the dummy again.

But usually you don't need to delete the chars, I would advice to just bild a new one. If the old one, wasn't fun because you did a mistake with skilling or attributes, you can rest them at the second map at 2 shrines, in Aldmeri-Dominien it would be Grathwood in Elden root. Yes it costs some gold, but is not really much in my opinion.

I hope that helps, have a great day and happy adventuring

The Hornets

• KabaMx
    KabaMx

Im not native english, just trying to make my point =) Dont flamme
    Dont know if this is a good place to post an idea... so here is:
    swz81x.jpg
    Edited by KabaMx on April 9, 2014 9:05AM
  • drowadin
    drowadin
    ✭✭
    Don't change the repair costs we dealt with and still are so you change the repaire rate that is alot of gold u will need to br refunding lol
  • LTC_Eddy
    LTC_Eddy
    ✭✭
    When the game started, I paid 1000 gold to OPEN a bank account and my mate had no such requirement. That was weird. If what I have read so far is correct, it costs 1000 gold for 10 more bank slots, and 400 gold for a back pack that is sold by a guy at the bank, at least in daggerfall. How many slots in the back packs?

We really enjoy the crafting of provisions, clothing, smithing and alchemy. Is there a way to sell to other players the things we refine or make other than offering a trade to an individual that I have no way of knowing if they need what I have?
    Edited by LTC_Eddy on April 9, 2014 1:16PM
  • Kirky
    Kirky
    ✭✭✭
    I've been blown away by the smoothness of launch. Yes there's been bugs and yes it's still not completely stable but compared to other MMO launches it's been magnificent.
    The combat has good balance, the quests are beautifully voice acted and draw you into another awesome sub-story, unlike in previous MMOs where I hated being drawn off to do site quests, in ESO I look forwards to stumbling across that little black quest indicator on my compass!
    I've only just hit level 40 in the Aldmeri Dominion and from what I've experienced the story line has to be one of the most gripping and exciting I've ever experienced in an MMO, yet to see end game content but if the game so far is anything to go by I can't wait to hit those veteran levels.

One of the major complaints I see is people complaining that this feature, or the combat and art is different from Skyrim and previous TES games. This is not a sequel to TES, it's a TESMMO. They can't have the same graphics, combat or features they've had in the TES games so far because it simply would not work due to technological capabilities at this moment in time.

All in all I think this game could, and will, flourish compared to WoW, or other previous MMOs and I'll take great pride in saying, five years down the line, that I've stood by The Elder Scrolls Online since launch (Or Beta in many cases)! 10/10
    @Kirky_Lad [EU/AD]
  • ShallowTech
    I have to say this game is a lot of fun and has great potential, especially being an Elder Scrolls Game!

Please Developers do not let this one slip like all the other games being produced... Keep up the good work and improvements/enhancements!

So far the game has been a lot of fun but I noticed that there are still a lot of glitches with quest, crafting ingredients, etc. I assume that these are items are ready being worked on?

Regardless of the little problems I have seen, this is the best MMO I have played. It has been a long, very long, wait for a multiplayer version of the Elder Scrolls and it has finally come. Please make it worth every dime of our hard earned money!
    ShallowTech
    MSI Z87M Gaming LGA 1150
    i5-4670 Haswell 3.4GHz
    MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 770 2GB
    CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz
  • bigjac06
    bigjac06
    Will ESO have holiday events?