The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

REMOVAL OF EXISTING CROWN STORE ITEMS

Atallanta
Atallanta
✭✭✭✭
Guys, I don't know when this was updated, but there will be a way more costumes removed from the crown store end of month.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/54697

The following items will be retired from the Crown Store on all platforms on September 24 at 10:00AM EST.

Costumes

Moon-Sugar Festival Suit
Jarl's Deluxe Moot Regalia
Lizardly Four-Fabric Skirt Set
Xanmeer Doyen's Worship Robe

Hats

Xanmeer Doyen's Feather Tiara
Pets

Daedrat
Sep Adder

Soo, dont miss the chance to buy those if you planned.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aka they’re being added to Crown Crates. :wink: I bet we will see Telvanni Wizard Lord robes and the other ones that were removed earlier this year in the new season.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ugh zo$
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    Aka they’re being added to Crown Crates. :wink: I bet we will see Telvanni Wizard Lord robes and the other ones that were removed earlier this year in the new season.
    I'm actually a little miffed how fast some of them hit crates now as well, and how much cheaper/easier they work out to get that way.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Technically crown crates would be cheaper in the long run than these solo.. Yes its all RNG but if you buy crates for 5k the amount of content received in them is vastly better than say buying the same items separate..

I know i know gambling is bad but its still true.. in this crown store case.
    Edited by DanteYoda on September 9, 2018 1:23AM
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Technically crown crates would be cheaper in the long run than these solo.. Yes its all RNG but if you buy crates for 5k the amount of content received in them is vastly better than say buying the same items separate..

I mean, I've never purchased crates once but I've gotten 20+ from free events since I started playing, and from those I've ended up with lots of mounts, costumes, emotes, etc. that would have probably cost me upwards of $40 IRL if I bought the crowns and then bought the times from the store when they first appeared.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »

I mean, I've never purchased crates once but I've gotten 20+ from free events since I started playing, and from those I've ended up with lots of mounts, costumes, emotes, etc. that would have probably cost me upwards of $40 IRL if I bought the crowns and then bought the times from the store when they first appeared.

That's great if you want all, or even most, of the things you get from them.

I'll probably never use the majority of stuff I've gotten from free crown crates because it doesn't suit any of my characters. And most of the rest is stuff which is ok but I wouldn't have bought if it was in the crown store. So whilst buying crates would get me a lot of stuff it wouldn't get me much I actually want or will use. I'm much better off buying just the items I want from the store. (With the added benefit that they're easier to find because they're not buried in between dozens of items I never use.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for this update! I had noted the two costumes they listed as being removed when the article was first posted. I would have been miffed to miss out on a couple other items I want. Yes, I could end up getting them in a crate, but it's not guaranteed. And with the free gems I've gotten, I've purchased crate exclusive items that were never in the store. If the store has something I want, I buy it then, rather than gamble that I might get it in a free crate later.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on September 10, 2018 10:11PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, I was looking at the Xanmeer Doyen's Worship Robe, and the shoulders are wonky on females. The shoulder piece floats above the shoulders - they just don't sit right. I tested it on a male character, and the shoulders fit just fine - of course, I'd never have any of my males actually wear this robe, due to the bodice piece, but it's interesting that the shoulders fit a male perfectly, but not a female.

ETA: I doubt they'll bother to fix this now that it's being removed from the CS, but I'll ping @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom just so they're aware.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on September 11, 2018 4:58PM
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I'm actually a little miffed how fast some of them hit crates now as well, and how much cheaper/easier they work out to get that way.
    Aaaannd voila! :lol:
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens