Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Good PVP'ers vs. Bad PVP'ers

• The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish there were more Old-school gamers in Cyrodiil

I started with this! Old-school enough for you?

https://youtu.be/fiShX2pTz9A
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
    Options
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish there were more Old-school gamers in Cyrodiil

I started with this! Old-school enough for you?

https://youtu.be/fiShX2pTz9A

Same lol.
    Time flies bro, it flies.
    I care about your gaming "problems" and teenage anxieties, just not today.
    Options
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    MalagenR wrote: »

hahahah what they really do is kill the zerg surfer that is on their death recap very often because they are pissed and aren't yet friends with him. once they become friends then they'll start ignoring him.

which further supports the point I made - what they are trying to do is ween off the skillful players from interfering with their potato farming and accept them into their "white knight" club so they can avoid dying to them more often - i.e. ducking hard fights so they can farm potatoes

i.e. - they are guilty for the behavior they loathe so much very often

Yeah I agree with this 100%.

There are so many places where you can hang out and chat with your dueling buddies and 'respect' them all you want lol but when I see this behavior in Cyrodill is pissing me off to no end.
    I play on PC EU and I do see the same behavior you are talking about, not very often but it happens.

Small groups of different factions just chilling around eachother in Cyro, bunny hopping around like tards , chating and not fighting eachother or helping their own faction.
    Cyro isn't a place for that shiat because while they are thinking they are being considerate to their 'friends' , they are being selfish and inconsiderate to everyone else.
    Nothing breaks my immersion and my RPG feel more then those whiteknighting clowns.
    It is a RPG after all, you are entering a massive faction based war zone, play your part or gtfo you monkies.

As for the streamers and video making dudes, well, what do you expect.
    They are making money from it so of course they gonna avoid any competition that might outplay them.
    That doesn't look good on video heh, and it wont win them followers and YT clicks.

I just wish there were more Old-school gamers in Cyrodiil, you know, guys that focus on the task at hand and get the job done.
    In Cyrodiil's case that means waging an all out war against other factions.
    "Red is Dead' and all that jazz.

LEAVE REAL-LIFE POLITICS AND DRAMA AT THE DOOR BEFORE YOU ENTER CYRODIIL AND PLAY THE GOD DAMN GAME YOU SILLY CLOWNS!

Caps were a must there, imo.

You´re breaking my immersion by claiming my RP background isn´t how the game is meant to be played. Where´s the report button.

English isn't my first language so I don't exactly get what you are saying here.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

hahahah what they really do is kill the zerg surfer that is on their death recap very often because they are pissed and aren't yet friends with him. once they become friends then they'll start ignoring him.

which further supports the point I made - what they are trying to do is ween off the skillful players from interfering with their potato farming and accept them into their "white knight" club so they can avoid dying to them more often - i.e. ducking hard fights so they can farm potatoes

i.e. - they are guilty for the behavior they loathe so much very often

Yeah I agree with this 100%.

There are so many places where you can hang out and chat with your dueling buddies and 'respect' them all you want lol but when I see this behavior in Cyrodill is pissing me off to no end.
    I play on PC EU and I do see the same behavior you are talking about, not very often but it happens.

Small groups of different factions just chilling around eachother in Cyro, bunny hopping around like tards , chating and not fighting eachother or helping their own faction.
    Cyro isn't a place for that shiat because while they are thinking they are being considerate to their 'friends' , they are being selfish and inconsiderate to everyone else.
    Nothing breaks my immersion and my RPG feel more then those whiteknighting clowns.
    It is a RPG after all, you are entering a massive faction based war zone, play your part or gtfo you monkies.

As for the streamers and video making dudes, well, what do you expect.
    They are making money from it so of course they gonna avoid any competition that might outplay them.
    That doesn't look good on video heh, and it wont win them followers and YT clicks.

I just wish there were more Old-school gamers in Cyrodiil, you know, guys that focus on the task at hand and get the job done.
    In Cyrodiil's case that means waging an all out war against other factions.
    "Red is Dead' and all that jazz.

LEAVE REAL-LIFE POLITICS AND DRAMA AT THE DOOR BEFORE YOU ENTER CYRODIIL AND PLAY THE GOD DAMN GAME YOU SILLY CLOWNS!

Caps were a must there, imo.

You´re breaking my immersion by claiming my RP background isn´t how the game is meant to be played. Where´s the report button.

English isn't my first language so I don't exactly get what you are saying here.

I was saying that i don´t interfere with 1v1 or outnumbered fights because of my characters RP background following a code of honour in combat.
    They all happen to believe that a weak member of their faction dying to an opponent that outclasses them in the end will strenghen the army of their respective alliance in the long run. We have no place for weak links.

You´re stating that red=dead is how the game is meant to be played. I believe the contrary. Play how you want.
    I think everything you find fun is ok - unless you specifically try to deny participation or destroy fun for others.

I´d also consider me somewhat of an "old school" gamer - since i´ve been playing mmos since 2002 - and haven´t behaved much different over those years.
    Edited by Derra on December 1, 2018 11:40AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went into pvp yesterday.... Ad 1 bar, ep 2 bar DC 1bar at primetime. Went to nickel, 10 man farming group camping outside. Went to faregyl, another 10 man farming group... At this point I decided to go out of pvp.... No point in butting heads with groups like that... I literally watched them spend 20 min at a keep front door farming 1 guy over and over again. No fun at all I rather would do vet hm wgt with randoms. At least there I have a remote chance of beeing successful.
    I told myself: "F*** this s*** im out. Im not r******* enough to even try and f*** with those s** ** * *****s.(literally)
    A group like that has enough combat strength to be able to destroy a randy zerg 2times their size, the maximum amount of players nearby at that point was 2. So yeah no point in even trying so I left. And thats how to effectivly ruin PvP for the few people left^^
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
    Options
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭

You´re stating that red=dead is how the game is meant to be played. I believe the contrary. Play how you want.
    I think everything you find fun is ok - unless you specifically try to deny participation or destroy fun for others.

I stated that red=dead is how I wished more people would play in Cyrodiil because it's the most logical playstyle when you consider the setting and the RP element of it.
    In a do or die, kill or be killed conflict, I want the murdering *** on my side, not the Ballerinas in shiny armor cherry-picking fights.

I also wish that people could separate their real life issues from their entertainment and get more immersed in the activities.
    I mean, nobody wears iron armor and wielding swords at work, that's clearly not appropriate, just like it's not appropriate to bring all kinds of emotional bagage and political corectness on your phantasy virtual battlefield.

So who really needs to relax and not take things too seriously when playing a video game, OP or posters telling him to relax and just play the game?

Edited by Hochstapler on December 1, 2018 12:51PM
    Options
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went into pvp yesterday.... Ad 1 bar, ep 2 bar DC 1bar at primetime. Went to nickel, 10 man farming group camping outside. Went to faregyl, another 10 man farming group... At this point I decided to go out of pvp.... No point in butting heads with groups like that... I literally watched them spend 20 min at a keep front door farming 1 guy over and over again. No fun at all I rather would do vet hm wgt with randoms. At least there I have a remote chance of beeing successful.
    I told myself: "F*** this s*** im out. Im not r******* enough to even try and f*** with those s** ** * *****s.(literally)
    A group like that has enough combat strength to be able to destroy a randy zerg 2times their size, the maximum amount of players nearby at that point was 2. So yeah no point in even trying so I left. And thats how to effectivly ruin PvP for the few people left^^

To be fair I wouldn’t consider those groups small scale. They’re Xv1 trash. Any competent/decent small scale guild would be pushing to find larger groups than their own instead of focusing on 1 guy repeatedly. Dude was probably worth 2 AP and that’s not worth it for small scale groups.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I stated that red=dead is how I wished more people would play in Cyrodiil because it's the most logical playstyle when you consider the setting and the RP element of it.
    In a do or die, kill or be killed conflict, I want the murdering *** on my side, not the Ballerinas in shiny armor cherry-picking fights.

But that´s specifically what i stated it´s not.

There is no such thing as an universially true RP element. RP is what the player makes out of it. The conflict is a setting but there are plenty of roleplaying reasons to not treat every other player of opposing factions as a mortal enemy nor treat every same alliance player as a friend.

<Noricum>

Options
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭

There is no such thing as an universially true RP element. RP is what the player makes out of it. The conflict is a setting but there are plenty of roleplaying reasons to not treat every other player of opposing factions as a mortal enemy nor treat every same alliance player as a friend.

Eh.
    RP, ROLEPLAY, you pick a role and you play it to the best of your abilities.

Elder Scrolls Online: Game
    Cyrodiil: setting.
    Theme: war and conflict.
    Objectives: Win the war by contoling the real estate.
    ROLE OF EVERYONE INVOLVED: Soldier of your faction's army, be it spy, guerrilla, general, emperor OR... "what the player makes out of it" .

Breaking character and hanging out, chilling, bunny hopping, chating with soldiers of enemy faction and ignoring everything around them = bad roleplayer, bad at objectives, bad at gaming, because there are so many other places to do their thing but noooo , it has to be during a massive siege (one of the the examples of baddies in action I gave in earlier post happened during a massive siege, yes).

Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like a "back in my day, we had to..." post.

For every person that I usually avoid fighting and they do likewise - which by the way is mostly motivated by not waiting to partake in Xv1ing, not because we're afraid of losing - there are at least three who would like nothing better to do than fanatically chase you across the map. Play long enough and you'll *** off a lot more people than you'll make friends. And for every multi-faction friend you make, you've got 4 or 5 die-hard loyalists who'll still drop a meteor of you in a 10v1 because they take thing personally and think you're a traitor.

I guess you're having a slow weekend and felt being provocative.

Haha you and Tbo get it. You’ve made the best argument thus far. Pure loneliness.

But look I’ll tell you what’s revealing, Aryus said he didn’t include that clip in his videos cause he doesn’t want to embarrass them. Are their egos so fragile he can’t share an awesome video with the community.

I think he’s wrong, people do want to see that. Plus it has much more worth watching in it.

Do you think it's unusual to not upload videos that might be embarrassing to certain people?

Not everyone gets their jollies from schadenfreude. I'm as competitive as they come, that does not mean I view all of my opponents as people I can;t wait to "expose."

Just because Ayrus chooses not to upload a video has nothing to do with the fact that good players fight each other all the time because for every frenemy they may have, there a lot more people who'd have nothing better to do than to drop a ultimate in a 5v1.
    Edited by Joy_Division on December 1, 2018 4:33PM
    Options
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree that some people need to see the difference between

1) fighting a bunch of new players cps 321 that bring absolutely no challenge at all because they are lacking gear, cps and experience.
    2) fighting a bunch of average cps1k+ that bring a big challenge when outnumbered and can be even harder than dueling a player of the same skills / caliber

Same applies to large scale

This is why when I open a new video posted on the forums and the first player I see is cp 321, I close it right away.
    Thats a waste of my time. Each his own :)

I do fight low cps players quite often btw.

I don't know how I could select which players to fight when its literally an enemy faction we're engaging but when it comes to small scale (2v5 or so) I believe it's doable to get against 1k+ players generally. I also understand that some small scalers don't usually engage other players but react to being attacked and they don't get to pick their fights. At the end of the day it's just a bit longer to select which fights are worth to keep like @Arya did in his latest video.
    Edited by frozywozy on December 1, 2018 3:41PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
    Options
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hanging out with the enemy on occasion has happened in war, most notably:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_truce
    PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Eh.

ROLE OF EVERYONE INVOLVED: Soldier of your faction's army, be it spy, guerrilla, general, emperor OR... "what the player makes out of it" .

Breaking character and hanging out, chilling, bunny hopping, chating with soldiers of enemy faction and ignoring everything around them = bad roleplayer, bad at objectives, bad at gaming, because there are so many other places to do their thing but noooo , it has to be during a massive siege (one of the the examples of baddies in action I gave in earlier post happened during a massive siege, yes).

Yeah - and what if the role i picked isn´t that of a braindead soldier eager to follow orders?

Some people only play a role. For some roleplaying means building an entire character. Both are fundamentally different concepts.
    <Noricum>

Options
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly what bugs me are the crazy ego's I see teenagers developing in MMO communities these days. Like, when I was 15 yrs old playing Lineage2, it didn't matter to me that I could absolutely annihilate my 20 year old guild leader in a 1v1, I respected the fact that this guy was able to bring 100 people together under one alliance that could hold off 400 people..

thats the sweetest thing Ive ever heard on the forums. if your 15 yr old self played ESO, you would have been a Zerg lord's best friend!
    Options
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭

Eh.

Yeah - and what if the role i picked isn´t that of a braindead soldier eager to follow orders?

Some people only play a role. For some roleplaying means building an entire character. Both are fundamentally different concepts.

Yeah - and what if the role I picked was even further out of touch with Elder Scrolls theme?

Would you support and accept 'creative' players that want to fly around Tamriel in spaceships and wear Darth Vader costumes?
    Would you mind if ZOS added Jedi costumes to the cash shop to attract millions of new customers?
    Or Tanks as mount skins and bazookas as sword skins?
    Would that ruin your Elder Scrolls experience in any way?

Or lets you and me play a game of Chess, except that I will change the rules of the game after every move because I can, and because I'm a creative person that wont be restricted by some silly game developer.
    Would that be an enjoyable game of chess for you?

Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Eh.

Yeah - and what if the role I picked was even further out of touch with Elder Scrolls theme?

Would you support and accept 'creative' players that want to fly around Tamriel in spaceships and wear Darth Vader costumes?
    Would you mind if ZOS added Jedi costumes to the cash shop to attract millions of new customers?
    Or Tanks as mount skins and bazookas as sword skins?
    Would that ruin your Elder Scrolls experience in any way?

Or lets you and me play a game of Chess, except that I will change the rules of the game after every move because I can, and because I'm a creative person that wont be restricted by some silly game developer.
    Would that be an enjoyable game of chess for you?

Just that my personal approach is logically sound within the frame of an elder scrolls game.

You´re just making strawman arguments now :)
    <Noricum>

Options
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭
    Just that my personal approach is logically sound within the frame of an elder scrolls game.

Is it really?
    Do you keep your 'code of honor' when you enter a battleground as well?
    If a friend of yours is on the other team you don't participate in the match?
    And if so, is this a logicaly sound gameplay for you?

I entertained this nonsense for long enough so let me recap my opinions so I can go play some ESO.

OP called a specific group of players fakes for cherry picking fights in a PVP zone that was made with a very specific gameplay in mind.
    Some of you that recognized yourselves in his descriptions made your cases and gave your reasons for your behaviors.

To me, your reasonings don't hold water and this 'code of honor' thing sounds more like a lame excuss for not participating in the main activity the zone was created for.
    And I agree with OP that the real reasons behind it is fear of 'dieing' in a video game, fragile egos etc.
    On top of that, you are being selfish and incosiderate of your fellow faction players who fully participate in the main activity the zone was created for.

Players that I saw hanging out with enemy faction near a keep that was sieged by said enemy faction are clearly out of place/character/line and clearly don't belong in Cyrodiil.
    This wouldn't be an issue if there was friendly fire available in ESO, I can just dispatch them from Cyro in short order but I know that adding the mechanic of friendly fire in ESO would open up a whole new can of worms, so meh.

Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sportsmanship
    Pffft.
    Options
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so what is it the "smallscalers"...really want? They dont want to fight other smallscalers in cyrodiil, they frown upon the zerg and qq on the forum about being roflstomped by it, they dont want to fight their freinds and they dont want to partake in the campaign. Only group left who are blessed with their acceptance, are small groups (preferably smaller than themselves-else zerg ofc...) of potatoes. Exactly how cyrodiil outside of the primetime lagfest and the early morning pvd blob is organized. I dont see much honour OR skill in that, sorry. And ye, may the zerg overrun you each and every time you think about holing up inside of a resource tower.
    Options
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It really doesn't matter what you all feel is the intended gameplay, honorable, farming, zerg surfing or whatever style of gameplay you do or don't approve of. They are free to play the way they want and will continue to do so.

No amount of trying to lecture people on what's right or wrong or insulting people is going to change that so its best to just try to enjoy the game and stop contributing to all the toxicity in the game. After all it's just a game, get over yourselves.

Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are four factions.

AD, DC, EP, and people who are looking for challenging fights.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    There are four factions.

AD, DC, EP, and people who are looking for challenging fights.

I'd gank my own faction members if I could.. so better make that five "factions" :P
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple reason why I as a solo player will ignore other solo players. the first is because we are generally the best players in ESO and fights between us can get very intense and lengthy. There is no reason to engage in that 1v1 in open world because it will probably be interrupted or will result in one of us getting zerged down. Next I'm not going to Xv1 another solo player because I know how hard playing solo can be at times they don't need me adding to the difficulty of an already difficult 1vX.

The reasons I ignore coordinated groups big or small is because I don't want to die lol. Regardless of what people believe coordination and numbers will always triumph over skill in this game. Some small groups will try to Zerg me down some will not
    Options
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple reason why I as a solo player will ignore other solo players. the first is because we are generally the best players in ESO and fights between us can get very intense and lengthy. There is no reason to engage in that 1v1 in open world because it will probably be interrupted or will result in one of us getting zerged down. Next I'm not going to Xv1 another solo player because I know how hard playing solo can be at times they don't need me adding to the difficulty of an already difficult 1vX.

The reasons I ignore coordinated groups big or small is because I don't want to die lol. Regardless of what people believe coordination and numbers will always triumph over skill in this game. Some small groups will try to Zerg me down some will not

I think that's exactly the point OP is making.
    You're not engaging in fights against another solo player, not against coordinated small scale groups nor large groups.. so what do you go after? You go after the low hanging fruit and proclaim things like "we are generally the best players in ESO".
    It's not that you do it (go after said chosen targets) that's the issue, it's the hypocrisy of doing it and then thinking you're the king of the hill.
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
    Options
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pvp in this game is SOOOO different and unbalanced compared to pvp in Lineage 2.

I played Lineage 2, was in Dragonfire (Name: Fierce), was one of the highest levels, can speak to entire guilds going red to defend or avenge a guild member, the badass skillful villains Shadow Consortium, etc. But even mentioning this game in the same page as Lineage 2 for pvp is insane.

This pvp is a gd joke compared to that, accessible or not. @MalagenR
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
    Options
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »

To be fair I wouldn’t consider those groups small scale. They’re Xv1 trash. Any competent/decent small scale guild would be pushing to find larger groups than their own instead of focusing on 1 guy repeatedly. Dude was probably worth 2 AP and that’s not worth it for small scale groups.

@Haashhtaag I know.... But explain that to them :lol: The most likely answer will be something like "Oh. Just git good scrub" and according to them That's totally small-scale leave the fact alone that number wise the, will beat most zergs on this server cause pvp is dead af atm. I came, saw and left pvp not worth it plus I hate getting dumped and then tbagged
    Edited by IlCanis_LupuslI on December 3, 2018 6:55AM
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
    Options
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Haashhtaag myself try picking 1vs3 or 1vs2s vs somewhat competent players since I don't have a snare removal I try pulling them to a place where they won't get reinforced since I can't kite. Those are the fights I enjoy most since beating a bunch of la noobs isn't enjoyable plus over here it's very unlikely. Also since my setup prevents me from doing the classical kite then dump strategy I have to plan the fights carefully. However I know that taking on even 2 people who coordinate their burst will reduce my odds of survival significantly leave alone 10 man coordinated groups. And that's what ruins pvp atm, its either zerg vs zerg, solo and run from Xv1 ult dump groups all the time and have every gank group on the map taking a shot at you so they can 3 man snipe incap and still fail and chase you for 10 min so they can bag or just stay in PVE. Pvp atm is very toxic and dead. And as soon as such groups get zerged down once a day when I can bring myself to run in a zerg they send you hate whispers threatening to do all kinds of colourful things to my mother(BTW what does "I tb u mm mtf" or "U cancer mm" mean?) got that from . A tank who repeatedly zerged me down before I caught him alone he was bagging in a very confident manner(Live wire, Malubeth, Plague Doctor) before I went Werewolf on his A** and did the did the laughing emoj at him (55k hp mind you, lasted 15 seconds) I mean what was he trying to do block me to death? As you can see having fun in pvp is very difficult on Xbox eu atm and since I get unplayable lag as soon as I get in combat in cyrodiil im stuck here. @ZOS_GinaBruno can you please forward to the Devs that pvp on Xbox eu is on life support close to death please?
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Options
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Haashhtaag myself try picking 1vs3 or 1vs2s vs somewhat competent players since I don't have a snare removal I try pulling them to a place where they won't get reinforced since I can't kite. Those are the fights I enjoy most since beating a bunch of la noobs isn't enjoyable plus over here it's very unlikely. Also since my setup prevents me from doing the classical kite then dump strategy I have to plan the fights carefully. However I know that taking on even 2 people who coordinate their burst will reduce my odds of survival significantly leave alone 10 man coordinated groups. And that's what ruins pvp atm, its either zerg vs zerg, solo and run from Xv1 ult dump groups all the time and have every gank group on the map taking a shot at you so they can 3 man snipe incap and still fail and chase you for 10 min so they can bag or just stay in PVE. Pvp atm is very toxic and dead. And as soon as such groups get zerged down once a day when I can bring myself to run in a zerg they send you hate whispers threatening to do all kinds of colourful things to my mother(BTW what does "I tb u mm mtf" or "U cancer mm" mean?) got that from . A tank who repeatedly zerged me down before I caught him alone he was bagging in a very confident manner(Live wire, Malubeth, Plague Doctor) before I went Werewolf on his A** and did the did the laughing emoj at him (55k hp mind you, lasted 15 seconds) I mean what was he trying to do block me to death? As you can see having fun in pvp is very difficult on Xbox eu atm and since I get unplayable lag as soon as I get in combat in cyrodiil im stuck here. @ZOS_GinaBruno can you please forward to the Devs that pvp on Xbox eu is on life support close to death please?

that's why alot of people prefer to run in a 12 - 16men raid. you can accomplish so much more, and the scene is way less toxic. hell we even have members of other guilds we fight on a regular basis sometimes coming on their red and playing with us. some of them even attended a costume event for halloween with us and we had lot of fun.

I understand the will to play on your own and not rely on anybody and its admirable but in open world pvp, unless you are a magsorc or a nightblade with shade, its really hard to make it work nowadays. #ripforwardmomentum
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thoragaal wrote: »

You're not engaging in fights against another solo player, not against coordinated small scale groups nor large groups.. so what do you go after? You go after the low hanging fruit and proclaim things like "we are generally the best players in ESO".
    It's not that you do it (go after said chosen targets) that's the issue, it's the hypocrisy of doing it and then thinking you're the king of the hill.

That's not true though. ESO doesn't have a environment where solo players can fight each other. If I got on my horse and road from arrius to roebeck I'm not about to die cause I got zerged down while trying to 1v1 another solo player. I fight these players all the time if I see them in PvE. I also fight coordinated groups all the time if I catch them without their whole group. If it's only 3 or 4 players I'll take that fight. But if those players are with their full 15 man group why would I try to fight them and get zerged down with all the Earthgore and root spam.

I'm also not going against low hanging fruit I don't even attack low levels. I go after Zergs of uncoordinated people. I enjoy outnumbered fights. It's easy to ignore solo players I only see about 3 or 4 a day. You also hardly ever see elite small scale groups. So In reality I'm fighting almost everyone I see. The only players I'm guaranteed to see on a consistent basis is ball groups and I will always ignore them.

Options
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thoragaal wrote: »

That's not true though. ESO doesn't have a environment where solo players can fight each other.

Not to be a contrary butthole (and I know you're legit. Just ran into you yesterday), but isn't that what dueling is for?

PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
    Options
This discussion has been closed.